Hurricane Irma

Walter

Strongest sustained hurricane in Atlantic Ocean history.  180 mph sustained heading towards the Florida Straits. Hoping it would clip Cuba to calm her down a little.

Rick Scott just closed all public schools in the entire state. 

We're as ready as we think we need to be. Food, water, candles, gas and liquor. 

New house built to withstand high winds. Just hope they pick up all the building debris and materials before Sunday!  

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Hoping it would clip Cuba to calm her down a little.

Goodness! I hope it wouldn't hit those people in Cuba. Poor people already. Goodness!That's horrible to wish.

I don't wish to see devastation either. Irma is currently tied for second in wind speed. 12th in pressure.
It's a very bad looking hurricane. I do hope preparations for safety have been made.

No need for double post.

9 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Goodness! I hope it wouldn't hit those people in Cuba. Poor people already. Goodness!That's horrible to wish.

I don't wish to see devastation either. Irma is currently tied for second in wind speed. 12th in pressure.
It's a very bad looking hurricane. I do hope preparations for safety have been made.

He didn't mean it that way, Irma passing right next to Cuba means it will be a bit less strong when hitting Florida. (because of relief interaction with Cuba)

11 hours ago, Walter said:

Strongest sustained hurricane in Atlantic Ocean history.  180 mph sustained heading towards the Florida Straits. Hoping it would clip Cuba to calm her down a little.

New house built to withstand high winds. Just hope they pick up all the building debris and materials before Sunday!  

Be safe Chuck, Mrs Chuck and Junior and I hope you've got plenty of papers?;)

14 hours ago, Walter said:

Strongest sustained hurricane in Atlantic Ocean history.

Jesus! I knew it was bad but I had no idea it was of historic proportions. You and your family stay safe out there! Hopefully it'll weaken as you said. Sending thoughts to all forum members in Florida and the surrounding areas.

5 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

Jesus! I knew it was bad but I had no idea it was of historic proportions. You and your family stay safe out there! Hopefully it'll weaken as you said. Sending thoughts to all forum in members in Florida and the surrounding areas.

+1

I hope you are all safe!

My cousins are in Hollywood (Sunrise) about 20 miles dead north of Miami.  Great beach.  They rode out Andrew in their condo. A 24 hour guarded community, that you must go through security to get in.  The building was shaking and they were in their closets.  i am hoping they got out.  They were on a Carribean Cruise a few days back but that is long done I am sure. They are from here but moved to Florida in the early 70s.  They are saying this one is stronger than Andrew but its likely still too soon to know?  Does anyone know predicted time of landfall?  I am seeing conflicting reports

^^^Early Sunday morning from everything I have read and seen.

This is like those horror movies where the haunted house is literally screaming "Get the fuck out!" Mother Nature is telling the people of Florida to get out!

Don't be like those silly people in the movie who ignore everything and stay. Paul, Chuck, everyone else...flee to safety!

Except for those douchebags who are price-gouging...I hope they get destroyed. Like the people going in to Costco and buying up the water so they can sell it for twice as much outside. It's that type of thinking that is ruining this country. They need to die.

7 hours ago, Klape said:

He didn't mean it that way, Irma passing right next to Cuba means it will be a bit less strong when hitting Florida. (because of relief interaction with Cuba)

Obviously, but that's how it goes with some thirsty folks. ✌🏻

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Be safe Chuck, Mrs Chuck and Junior and I hope you've got plenty of papers?;)

Actually one of the last preparation trips was for something like that. Ready for many days of loss of power, etc.  You're the best! 

3 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Jesus! I knew it was bad but I had no idea it was of historic proportions. You and your family stay safe out there! Hopefully it'll weaken as you said. Sending thoughts to all forum members in Florida and the surrounding areas.

Thank you. Everyone has had fair notice and the governor, whom I have no love loss for, has done a great job with communicating information and acting in the best interest of the citizens.  Kudos to him.  South Florida is really gonna get smacked. :( 

3 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

+1

I hope you are all safe!

Thank you on behalf of the many Floridian members of the forum. 

2 hours ago, JTM said:

Don't know If I heard right but did the 5 o'clock news report on Planet Rock say twenty million people in Florida may have to be evacuated to safety.. WTF..

The highways heading north have been jam packed since Tuesday here.  Good for them in south Florida and the keys.  The governor suspended tolls on all roads since Tuesday and they've been getting all cars abandoned on the highway towed away to prevent slow downs. Great job by DOT and Gov Scott!

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

My cousins are in Hollywood (Sunrise) about 20 miles dead north of Miami.  Great beach.  They rode out Andrew in their condo. A 24 hour guarded community, that you must go through security to get in.  The building was shaking and they were in their closets.  i am hoping they got out.  They were on a Carribean Cruise a few days back but that is long done I am sure. They are from here but moved to Florida in the early 70s.  They are saying this one is stronger than Andrew but its likely still too soon to know?  Does anyone know predicted time of landfall?  I am seeing conflicting reports

Florida Bay (south of the Everglades) is where the last track I've seen.  But it's been shifty to say the least.  Hope your family is safe and sound.  South Florida is the last place I'd want to be.  Many have come up to Orlando, but we're gonna get hit a bit too.

6 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Been watching the news. Damn!

Walter, hope you and your family stay safe! 

Paul, if you're reading this, stay safe, man! 

Thank you Kiwi!  I've been thinking about Paul too.  Jacksonville is a little off the east side of the last cone, but it has been moving a lot and east side is the worst. Anyone on the coast should move inland by at least 30 miles.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^Early Sunday morning from everything I have read and seen.

This is like those horror movies where the haunted house is literally screaming "Get the fuck out!" Mother Nature is telling the people of Florida to get out!

Don't be like those silly people in the movie who ignore everything and stay. Paul, Chuck, everyone else...flee to safety!

Except for those douchebags who are price-gouging...I hope they get destroyed. Like the people going in to Costco and buying up the water so they can sell it for twice as much outside. It's that type of thinking that is ruining this country. They need to die.

We're gonna be safe, my man. The levels this house has been held to have been impressive and now (hopefully) we'll see how it holds up to the winds.  We have a good little community already in this new neighborhood.  We're meeting for pre-hurricane drinks and planning tomorrow early evening.  A good mix of professionals and parents, so we've been helping each other prepare.  They eye is supposed to come near here as opposed to the coast and the Everglades aren't going to slow it as much as we would hope.  We're ready. 

Agin thank you for all the PM's and responses.  I'll give updates. It's all good! ✌🏻

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Florida Bay (south of the Everglades) is where the last track I've seen.  But it's been shifty to say the least.  Hope your family is safe and sound.  South Florida is the last place I'd want to be.  Many have come up to Orlando, but we're gonna get hit a bit too.

Thank you Kiwi!  I've been thinking about Paul too.  Jacksonville is a little off the east side of the last cone, but it has been moving a lot and east side is the worst. Anyone on the coast should move inland by at least 30 miles.

We're gonna be safe, my man. The levels this house has been held to have been impressive and now (hopefully) we'll see how it holds up to the winds.  We have a good little community already in this new neighborhood.  We're meeting for pre-hurricane drinks and planning tomorrow early evening.  A good mix of professionals and parents, so we've been helping each other prepare.  They eye is supposed to come near here as opposed to the coast and the Everglades aren't going to slow it as much as we would hope.  We're ready. 

Agin thank you for all the PM's and responses.  I'll give updates. It's all good! ✌🏻

This is for you and you friends and family Walter...please stay safe:

6 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

+1

38 minutes ago, IpMan said:

This is for you and you friends and family Walter...please stay safe:

4 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

+1

Mrs Walter said,"You're our kinda people!".  Thanks guys for the positive thoughts - and drinks! ;):drinks: 

20 hours ago, Walter said:

Hope you and your family stay safe Walter.

Looks like it may go back to a cat 5 as it slams into the keys.  

These are some strange days. The northwest  of America is burning,  unprecedented hurricanes, Mexico is hit with the largest earthquake in a over 100 years. Strange days indeed.

Archived