Hurricane Irma

Walter

10 minutes ago, Walter said:

Here's the latest. Looks like it moving towards us. Very windy/rainy.

IMG_1424.JPG

It is now a category 2 but still very strong and much rain, Tampa has 100,000 without power and I would expect that to grow.  YOu know it may be luck that it did not turn out into the Gulf more earlier and then regained force?  Making it a 4 or 5 again and God forbid heading towards the panhandle

14 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Around 5pm (3 and a half hours ago), it was a Category 2 Hurricane.

Now you have the looters out and about.

Oh man.  I did not even think of that  I am sure all jewelry stores took their inventory and such.  Banks?  Who knows.  Hardly anyone on the streets to pull off any type of big scale heist, you would have to not only battle the elements but you would stick out like a sore thumb being on the road anywhere.  So probably not so easy.  But I am sure some planned out some "on the prowl" type heists.

7 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Oh man.  I did not even think of that  I am sure all jewelry stores took their inventory and such.  Banks?  Who knows.  Hardly anyone on the streets to pull off any type of big scale heist, you would have to not only battle the elements but you would stick out like a sore thumb being on the road anywhere.  So probably not so easy.  But I am sure some planned out some "on the prowl" type heists.

Everything is good down here. Curfews are being lifted in some counties, but not ours yet. Fierce winds this morning. Power went out around 4 am. Lost some trees, bushes, etc. Minor house damage. Overall we fared well. Better than a lot of other areas that's for sure! ✌🏻

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

Everything is good down here. Curfews are being lifted in some counties, but not ours yet. Fierce winds this morning. Power went out around 4 am. Lost some trees, bushes, etc. Minor house damage. Overall we fared well. Better than a lot of other areas that's for sure! ✌🏻

Good to hear, glad you have stayed safe.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Great news, Walter! So glad to know that you guys are safe! Hope the worst is over!

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Round up all the looters and dump them on one of those destroyed islands in the Caribbean with no supplies and no way out and let them destroy each other. Fucking scum.

I like your thinking Strider!  Nice move!

Glad to hear you are safe Walter.  Do you have power?

14 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

I like your thinking Strider!  Nice move!

Glad to hear you are safe Walter.  Do you have power?

No they are saying at least a few days and maybe weeks. The new house is staying amazingly cool-but it's not 90+ today like it will be again starting tomorrow. Back to work Wednesday. I think.

9 hours ago, Walter said:

Are you on the East or West side Walter?  I know Florid very well.  I have relatives near Ft Lauderdale, W Palm and my late grandmother was in Ft Myers. I used to frequent all

2 hours ago, Walter said:

No they are saying at least a few days and maybe weeks. The new house is staying amazingly cool-but it's not 90+ today like it will be again starting tomorrow. Back to work Wednesday. I think.

So glad you're all well!  And the house came through!!! :thumbsup:

Hope the power outage is short!

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/prison-over-a-pair-of-sneakers-dozens-arrested-for-looting-during-irma-1.3584194

30 arrests so far, the Miami-Dade PD state, just from Sunday to early Monday morning.

I spoke for a half hour with a kind lady that drove from her Palm Beach home to her daughter's home here, because she was scared. She made the 15 hour drive (bless her heart), and now her fear is that her home could be looted. These looters drag the bottom of the tank.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Good for you, Walter. I am glad you and your good family are alright.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Are you on the East or West side Walter?  I know Florid very well.  I have relatives near Ft Lauderdale, W Palm and my late grandmother was in Ft Myers. I used to frequent all

About 15 miles west of Orlando. Just north of the Magic Kingdom. The coast really took it on the chin. Hope your relatives in south Florida are alright. 

2 hours ago, ebk said:

So glad you're all well!  And the house came through!!! :thumbsup:

Hope the power outage is short!

We have such a wide open field behind us, I wasn't sure what was going to come flying - especially with all of the existing construction going on around here. Thank you for the well wishes. Crazy beautiful evening tonight - especially for September. Tomorrow night even a little cooler. So it gives us a slight taste of Florida fall, when we need it most having the windows open. Duke is being very vague about the power, even though my brother in law is 5 miles away and has power and all of the theme parks are going to be open. Even with over 50% of residents out of power still.  😘

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

+1

Thanks man. Appreciate your constant positivity on here, not just to me but everyone. Hope you've got some kick ass shows coming up!

Thanks again to everyone. Losing power is nothing - hope Paul in Jacksonville is doing well. We have some flooding, but nothing like Miami, Jacksonville, Charleston, etc.  

11 hours ago, Walter said:

About 15 miles west of Orlando. Just north of the Magic Kingdom. The coast really took it on the chin. Hope your relatives in south Florida are alright. 

We have such a wide open field behind us, I wasn't sure what was going to come flying - especially with all of the existing construction going on around here. Thank you for the well wishes. Crazy beautiful evening tonight - especially for September. Tomorrow night even a little cooler. So it gives us a slight taste of Florida fall, when we need it most having the windows open. Duke is being very vague about the power, even though my brother in law is 5 miles away and has power and all of the theme parks are going to be open. Even with over 50% of residents out of power still.  😘

Thanks man. Appreciate your constant positivity on here, not just to me but everyone. Hope you've got some kick ass shows coming up!

Thanks again to everyone. Losing power is nothing - hope Paul in Jacksonville is doing well. We have some flooding, but nothing like Miami, Jacksonville, Charleston, etc.  

OK Walter.  I have been to Disney a few times and Orlando many.  Glad you are safe.  I think Paul is in Jacksonville and they are worse?

10 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

OK Walter.  I have been to Disney a few times and Orlando many.  Glad you are safe.  I think Paul is in Jacksonville and they are worse?

They had flooding issues associated with the storm surge and rain. I can't believe the flooding here - in places I haven't seen it ever before. 

Our power was restored at 9:30 this morning! Coffee!!!!

14 hours ago, Walter said:

Thanks for the updates, Chuck. Glad to hear all of you Walters are sitting pretty for now. I'm worried about Paul. Hope he hasn't washed out to sea? 😬

Why the fuck are they opening a goddamn theme park? Shouldn't they divert that power to where it is needed most? Who is even left in the area to go to a theme park? You would think they would have better things to do...like salvage what's left of their homes? Where are their priorities?

On 9/12/2017 at 11:10 AM, Walter said:

They had flooding issues associated with the storm surge and rain. I can't believe the flooding here - in places I haven't seen it ever before. 

Our power was restored at 9:30 this morning! Coffee!!!!

I am surprised you had internet?  Satelite?  Generator no doubt?

Houston ain't foolin' around.

"People displaced or harmed in this storm are not going to be easy prey," Ogg said. "Anyone who tries to take advantage of this storm to break into homes or businesses should know that they are going to feel the full weight of the law. ... Offenders will be processed around the clock without delay."

17 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am surprised you had internet?  Satelite?  Generator no doubt?

We had nothing. Our carrier gave us free usuage during the storm. The power stayed on until 4 am Monday morning. Watched football off the computer, hooked into our tv. Satellite was out. We don't own a generator. Never needed one.

4 minutes ago, redrum said:

Their projection was wrong of the storm's path.

Kick a looter for me.

Walter Jr and I knew that thing was coming up the middle and right by us as soon as it made landfall. They kept saying it was heading towards Tampa but it just kept moving north. 

I haven't really heard of looting. Schools are closed until Thursday, at least.  66 schools in the county are without power.  

3 minutes ago, Walter said:

We had nothing. Our carrier gave us free usuage during the storm. The power stayed on until 4 am Monday morning. Watched football off the computer, hooked into our tv. Satellite was out. We don't own a generator. Never needed one.

Walter Jr and I knew that thing was coming up the middle and right by us as soon as it made landfall. They kept saying it was heading towards Tampa but it just kept moving north. 

I haven't really heard of looting. Schools are closed until Thursday, at least.  66 schools in the county are without power.  

I have always considered buying a generator but where to hook it up here with my electrical situation I am not sure?  The ones that kick in automatically are the best ones.  The pull start gas ones cost $500 or so.  Two ice storms here made many buy one

Six just died from the heat in Hollywood where my cousins live.  Just read the article on CNN.  Someone is in real trouble.  I do not know which is worse, dying in the heat or up here in the cold.  Elderly have less ability to deal with the extreme conditions. It was at a nursing home with a list of previous citations.  More lawsuits, and more bankrupt insurance companies over these storms

That's horrible Rick. Central Florida should have all power by Sunday night. It's been hot and dry since the storm. South Florida is a mess. 🙏🏻 Go out to them and all others in the keys and coast.  Paul?

Archived