2nd Source Snippet Used On TYG from 6/21/77. Does more exist? (edit: YES!)

LedElvis75

On 10/12/2017 at 3:21 PM, gbauer1 said:

I have been able to listen to a good portion of the new version of the show and it sounds great. Pitch is now being adjusted then it will be remastered and posted. I’m going to try to also post a version without breaks between songs so that it can be listened to as it was on the original tape. 

Can't wait to hear this.Thanks

On 10/12/2017 at 3:21 PM, gbauer1 said:

I have been able to listen to a good portion of the new version of the show and it sounds great. Pitch is now being adjusted then it will be remastered and posted. I’m going to try to also post a version without breaks between songs so that it can be listened to as it was on the original tape. 

Awesome! Can't wait to hear it in full! :)

The restoring of my 6/21 show is almost complete.  It's finished through Achilles Last Stand.  The last 3 songs will take a bit longer as the batteries were running down and more work needs to be done with them to get them right. For those of you wondering about the formats that it will be released in here are the details:

The show will be made available through a well-known torrent site (or sites) in two formats:

16/44.1 restored and mastered FLAC files

24/96 restored and unmastered FLAC files

I will also post the show on YouTube at my channel GBauer10 without the song breaks, just as it was recorded.

Fingers crossed! Please, if possible, indicate detailed lineage (tape gear, cables, mics and digital gear used) as well as some cool description of your tape. Since you're about to post edited source, it would be great to know exact cuts and edits that have ben found on original tape.

Thx a lot, cannot wait to listen to this and blast it thru my speakers LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Listen to This Erik is almost done.  Hopefully by this weekend. The batteries in my recorder were running low towards the end (from ALS onward) and this adjustment is the last thing needed before it’s mastered. The recording is basically the entire show up to about a minute or so into Jimmy’s Heartbreaker solo. The only breaks are in flipping the tape twice.  From then on there are some missing parts. It picks back up around 40 seconds into ALS and it’s also missing about the last minute. Stairway also has a cut towards the end. That’s what happens when a pretty stoned 17 year old attempts to keep track of time and remains tape at 1 o’clock in the morning. In the dark too. The recording clocks in at about 2:55. 

Just wanted to let everyone know that the new remastered version of Listen to This Erik will be released on Saturday Nov. 4. I’ll be posting it on my YouTube channel in 2 different versions. I will include links here. The channel is gbauer10- please check out my mostly pit shot collection of concert video’s including an amazing cover of Achilles Last Stand by Temple of the Dog. One version will be with no cuts other than the original tape flips and places where I unfortunately f’ed up and cut songs up a bit.  The other version has been cut up into songs.  The show will also be released on Tradersden and dimeadozen (minus TSRTS) in a couple of different formats. Please look around on free download sites. I hope that people enjoy this recording of an amazing show. 

I would especially also like to thank the JEMS crew for not only  taking my recording and making it sound infinitely better but for also involving me in the process and soliciting my feedback. Thank you E & M. E has been awesome through the whole process. Special thanks to M.  I was able to listen to my recording of Stairway at the correct speed after hearing it sped up for 40 years! Very cool! He put a lot of work into correcting pitch and hopefully someday he’ll be able to listen to Stairway again😎! 

7 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Great stuff. Thanks mate. Great job. :thumbsup:

BTW, I am happy to host and share a link from my mega account which is quite handy if someone can source me the files. I'm more than happy to help share this.

It was shared on Dime and TTD late Friday though as per Dime rules there is no TSRTS as it is partialy released od DVD.

The Listen to This Eric song version is here. Here is one of 2 version that I have posted on my youtube channel- gbauer10.  This version is the restored, mastered version that I have cut up into songs.  A second version is also available recorded just as it was on the tape. The only cuts are from tape flips and f'ups.  I hope you enjoy this new version of an epic concert.  While you're checking out the video also be sure to check out some of my other video's as well.  There are a ton of concert video videos (mostly shot up close in the pit.  They Include Springsteen, Pearl Jam, U2, Dead and Company at the Fillmore, Neil Young, etc. There's also an incredible version of Achilles Last Stand by Temple of the Dog. Please check it out and subscribe.

Listen to This Erik Tape version is here. Here is one of 2 versions that I have posted on my youtube channel- gbauer10.  This version is the restored, mastered version that is just as it is on the original tape.  The only cuts are from tape flips and f'ups. I hope you enjoy this new version of an epic concert.  While you're checking out the video also be sure to check out some of my other video's as well.  There are a ton of concert video videos (mostly shot up close in the pit.  They Include Springsteen, Pearl Jam, U2, Dead and Company at the Fillmore, Neil Young, etc. There's also an incredible version of Achilles Last Stand by Temple of the Dog. Please check it out and subscribe.

7 minutes ago, gbauer1 said:

Listen to This Erik Tape version is here. Here is one of 2 versions that I have posted on my youtube channel- gbauer10.  This version is the restored, mastered version that is just as it is on the original tape.  The only cuts are from tape flips and f'ups. I hope you enjoy this new version of an epic concert.  While you're checking out the video also be sure to check out some of my other video's as well.  There are a ton of concert video videos (mostly shot up close in the pit.  They Include Springsteen, Pearl Jam, U2, Dead and Company at the Fillmore, Neil Young, etc. There's also an incredible version of Achilles Last Stand by Temple of the Dog. Please check it out and subscribe.

:thanku::stereo:

Thanks for sharing and making the effort that it gone done right. Kudos!  Probably one of the very first silver boots I ever got, so very cool to listen to it as if it was a brand new show!  It's almost weird to NOT have that break in TYG!  Again thanks.

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to share an article that was published recently in the latest edition of Tight But Loose.  Dave Lewis asked me to write a few words about the show and the story behind the Listen To This Erik recording. I sat down and an hour later had 4 pages written. It was fun to write. I hope you enjoy it. 

5DA1D00F-FBC8-43B9-998E-E7D4306524E1.jpeg

60D028AC-7DAA-4872-AA69-2611166D594C.jpeg

4FF49996-5233-4A90-85D1-9CF9770167D8.jpeg

2 hours ago, gbauer10 said:

I just wanted to share an article that was published recently in the latest edition of Tight But Loose.  Dave Lewis asked me to write a few words about the show and the story behind the Listen To This Erik recording. I sat down and an hour later had 4 pages written. It was fun to write. I hope you enjoy it. 

Very cool. Thanks for sharing it.

Archived