Peter Grant & Robert Plant interview 1976

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Watched this just this morning. For all the horror stories you hear about Peter Grant he seems like such a gentle person.

He was a very nice man, just as long as you did not screw with Zeppelin or try to steal his money, blow, wife, or food.

4 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Watched this just this morning. For all the horror stories you hear about Peter Grant he seems like such a gentle person.

He was the 5th member remember?. He was loyal and had ideals that he tried to live up to, a code. He failed sometimes as we all do but this guy tried and battled. He'd be the first in my camp any day, be it a band or hockey team or business. For every bad thing he did there was a million good things he did as well. Being the 5th member for all those years is significant.

6 hours ago, FL6 said:

He was the 5th member remember?. He was loyal and had ideals that he tried to live up to, a code. He failed sometimes as we all do but this guy tried and battled. He'd be the first in my camp any day, be it a band or hockey team or business. For every bad thing he did there was a million good things he did as well. Being the 5th member for all those years is significant.

Spot on. Led Zeppelin would no way be near what they are but for the great manager who broke ground just like the band did. The space to be creative without compromise. He truly is the 5th member. No exaggeration.

Grant had to be a hard bastard just to cope with the mob people that ran some clubs & venues. I always think of that story Chris Dreja tells from Yardbirds days: band turn up late cos of freak snowstorm, miss first gig of two. "Promoter" sticks gun in Grant's gut yelling he's cost him $5000 and he's going to kill him. Grant gut butts promoter down the steps till he falls in a heap. Hard to imagine nowadays, but the wild west back then.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:27 PM, FL6 said:

Sorry, the 5th member is right here

Image result for robert plant tight jeans

Archived