9/28/71 sound board ??

porgie66

6 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

In 2016 page said in an interview that he didn't think japan was worth releasing because of all the royalties they would have to pay . I hope he changes his mind. Even though we would all prefer unedited shows . He could edit some stuff out . I would rather have it edited then not have it at all.

Any chance you remember where he said that? It'd be great to read his full comment. 

On 23/03/2018 at 11:13 AM, lololabrute said:

He had also mentioned that the sound was not good enough for an official release. Keep in mind the casual listener does not listen to this type of show with the same "ears" as us crazy fans! :)

Very true. Many of us who consider ourselves hardcore zep fans tend to forget that we are only a very small minority of zepps fan base. Unfortunately we are not pages target audience . He is more concerned with the main stream  non bootleg listening audience. And as much as I don't like it it's very understandable.

On 19/09/2017 at 12:42 PM, johnlennon696 said:

I wonder if this'll ever get truly resolved. Plant says they've been wiped, whilst others think Jimmy does indeed have the Japan '71 tapes still. I'm pessimistic they exist tbh.

The story about the tapes being wiped was put out by the band in the 70s Peter Grant said st that time they were wiped.  But I think it was to keep Atlantic s Japanese division from pressuring them to release the tapes. They record company paid for the recording. So they may have been worried about having to hand the tapes back over as page had them in London foe review.

Archived