Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
sam_webmaster

The Song Remains the Same - Theater Marquee photos

Yeah! The Fox Wilshire! That's where I saw it. In "four dimensional sound" or something. It was good and loud, very much a party atmosphere. When did the LP come out, wasn't it right before that? Same day maybe?

1 hour ago, anniemouse said:

Did the movie do well box office wise.

It did well. Here's stats for the 1st week box office results in North America and UK - November 1976. It would run continuously in many cities across North America in weekly midnight screenings, well into the late 1980s.

1976-11-tsrts-us-box-office-1st-week.jpg

1976-11-tsrts-uk-box-office-1st-week.jpg

Considering how low cinema tickets would cost then they are phenomenal figures. Thank you for posting the information.

8 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Did the movie do well box office wise.

Not where I saw it (The Futurist Liverpool)  at the first showing on the opening day Nov 10th 76 give or take a day. There must have been no more than twenty people in attendance. I spent almost the whole showing moving from seat to seat trying to find the sweet spot for the Quad surround sound..

Liverpool.jpg

Edited by JTM

Saw it at the Carnegie Theater in Chicago in fall of 1977,  just after my 11th  BDay. That's how I got hooked on Zep.  Wish I had a Marquee pic, but here's the ad. 

IMG_20161108_101547091.jpg

On 9/22/2017 at 6:51 AM, sam_webmaster said:

It did well. Here's stats for the 1st week box office results in North America and UK - November 1976. It would run continuously in many cities across North America in weekly midnight screenings, well into the late 1980s.

1976-11-tsrts-us-box-office-1st-week.jpg

1976-11-tsrts-uk-box-office-1st-week.jpg

This poster is awesome! Loved the photos of the theater marquees also. I (barely) remember when going to the movies was an event!