Amsterdam 72 Video Question

ZepHead315

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I have a question about the end of this video of Zeppelin in Amsterdam. In the last 25 seconds, Richard Cole and the concert promoter discuss the payment for the show, and even almost open (presumably) a briefcase full of cash. Given that this appears to be some sort of news report of the band's gig, and given the secretive nature of the group: why was this part allowed to be filmed? It seems strange for a news report of a concert to focus on the payment afterward. Who would have authorized/demanded that this be filmed: Cole or the promoter? I posted this video in SAJ's mysteries thread, but no one seemed to have a definitive answer for it.

I'd guess the promoter was trying to "promote" himself a little and allowed the film crew in so he could show off and look like a big shot slinging money around. You can tell Cole is very uncomfortable about the whole thing, especially considering musicians at the time were under heavy scrutiny for tax evasion. It's definitely a weird situation though.

Archived