Robert Plant US tour 2018

Bozoso73

14 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Before the show. A place that's close to the venue. I'll let you know at the latest by tomorrow, or as soon as lpMan chimes in...

There is a place called Copper Blues at 50 W Jefferson, about a 1/4 mile walk from the Symphony Hall. I figured we can go there after the show. I suggested to meet at the Hyatt Regency lounge before the gig as it is directly across the street from the Symphony Hall.

I will not make the pre-show festivities as I have a meeting I cannot get out of at 6:30 which I hope will be over by 7pm so I am driving straight from work to the Symphony Hall.

18 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

when and where??

Because of a work commitment, lpMan will not be able to make it, but he and I will head over to the Copper Blues pub at 50 W Jefferson after the show if you want to meet up with us. Sorry about the pre-show plan not working out Bozoso73. The show starts at 7:30 pm with the opening act Seth Lakeman, who is also in Robert's band as well. I plan to be there at 7 or maybe earlier, so I will have enough time to get a drink and a shirt.

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

There is a place called Copper Blues at 50 W Jefferson, about a 1/4 mile walk from the Symphony Hall. I figured we can go there after the show. I suggested to meet at the Hyatt Regency lounge before the gig as it is directly across the street from the Symphony Hall.

I will not make the pre-show festivities as I have a meeting I cannot get out of at 6:30 which I hope will be over by 7pm so I am driving straight from work to the Symphony Hall.

Sounds good man!

23 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Because of a work commitment, lpMan will not be able to make it, but he and I will head over to the Copper Blues pub at 50 W Jefferson after the show if you want to meet up with us. Sorry about the pre-show plan not working out Bozoso73. The show starts at 7:30 pm with the opening act Seth Lakeman, who is also in Robert's band as well. I plan to be there at 7 or maybe earlier, so I will have enough time to get a drink and a shirt.

Sounds good man!

As much as we love to hear about fans meeting up for shows, it may be better to PM each other!  Just a suggestion.

Wow. It's the eve of Robert Plant's show in L.A.

Totally unprepared, this concert snuck up on me and if it hadn't been for Ddladner asking if I was going to see Robert Plant, I might have missed it altogether. 

When the tour was first announced I saw only East coast and Southern dates. Somehow I missed the announcement of West Coast dates and with other tours and the holidays occupying my time, thoughts of the Robert Plant tour slipped my mind.

Until Ddladner asked me last week and I googled Robert Plant and, lo and behold, discovered he was playing the tiny Orpheum Theatre March 2. Shit. Only a week to get ready. Fortunately, Friday is my normal day off so I didn't have to worry about that.

Does anyone know if Chrissie Hynde has made any appearances on the tour to sing "Bluebird"?

43 minutes ago, Strider said:

Totally unprepared, this concert snuck up on me and if it hadn't been for Ddladner asking if I was going to see Robert Plant, I might have missed it altogether. 

When the tour was first announced I saw only East coast and Southern dates. Somehow I missed the announcement of West Coast dates and with other tours and the holidays occupying my time, thoughts of the Robert Plant tour slipped my mind.

Until Ddladner asked me last week and I googled Robert Plant and, lo and behold, discovered he was playing the tiny Orpheum Theatre March 2. Shit. Only a week to get ready. Fortunately, Friday is my normal day off so I didn't have to worry about that.

Does anyone know if Chrissie Hynde has made any appearances on the tour to sing "Bluebird"?

Cool. Have fun. I think she only appeared once (maybe BBC show) to sing it with Robert late last year.

R😎

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Please let us know how it is! Nearly flew to LA to see the show...but alas...didn't work out. 

Between the Phoenix show this past Monday, the show before that in Phoenix with Band of Joy in 2010, and the show before that in Phoenix with Alison Kraus in 2007, the most recent one was my favorite, you could tell R. P. was enjoying himself, the show had more energy than the previous two shows IMO. And R. P's voice sounded excellent. All around it was a good experience. Would have liked them to do "Carving up the world," as that is one of my favorite songs from the new album. Grateful we were lucky enough in Phoenix to get one of the dates from this tour!

• 6 months later...

Had a blast going to see Robert Plant in Tuscon this week with Bozoso73!

The Tuscon and Phoenix areas were both getting leftover storm remnants from Hurricane Florence so thunderstorms and flash flood warnings were in effect for both areas, so that worried me a bit as we were driving, but all was okay. Neat doing the Phoenix to Tuscon road trip though the desert, neat passing by and seeing McCartney Blvd, named after Paul McCartney. Neat seeing clouds nearly touching the ground and hugging the mountains while driving thought the desert. Some of those mountains remind me of the Led Zeppelin DVD cover...

It was pouring rain and we got drenched walking a block to get to the theatre, but they were accommodating though. We weren't the only ones! Pretty neat old venue. We went to the merchandise booth and it was pretty cool they were selling John Bonham memorial t-shirts with sales benefiting the Teenage Concert Trust and Bozoso73 got one but I already had one. Just bought a mug.  But there was also a book that I forgot the details of but also benefits the charity, I think done by Robert Plant. I saw a lot of people getting the John Bonham shirts. Pretty cool that he had those things being sold in his merchandise booth.

Bozoso73 and I ended up sitting next to a pair of ladies who both said they had seen Zeppelin in concert in Tuscon, one in 72' and one in 77'. Cool beans! 😄

Plant opened the show with good version of  When the levee breaks.  At first I thought (beginning of song, before singing) the band might go into Down by the seaside. (Because they started it that way before).

When Plant went into the opening lines of the rain song I was floored. Such an absolutely amazing excellent rendition.The Sensational Space Shifters were absolutely excellent as well.

Robert Plant dedicated Good Times Bad Times to John Bonham and brought up the "John Bonham - A Celebration"  happening this weekend and said he is supposed to and wants to attend, but his tour is conflicting, 

Did a great version of Ramble On too. Was surprised he didn't do Whole lotta love, but I was happy he put in other less played Led Zeppelin songs.

Not to forget we caught the opening act Seth Lakeman who is in Robert's band as well, he was excellent!

It was totally worth it going to Tuscon to see him, worth every penny. Excellent show, so glad I went! Thanks so much to Bozoso73! Hell of fun man! :drinks:

2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Had a blast going to see Robert Plant in Tuscon this week with Bozoso73!

The Tuscon and Phoenix areas were both getting leftover storm remnants from Hurricane Florence so thunderstorms and flash flood warnings were in effect for both areas, so that worried me a bit as we were driving, but all was okay. Neat doing the road trip though the desert, neat passing by and seeing McCartney Blvd, named after Paul McCartney. Neat seeing clouds nearly touching the ground and hugging the mountains while driving thought the desert. Some of those mountains remind me of the Led Zeppelin DVD cover...

It was pouring pretty good when we parked and started walking to the venue a block away, we got drenched! But it was cool, we still got in! 👍

We went to the merchandise booth and it was pretty cool they were selling John Bonham memorial t-shirts and lots of people were buying them. Bozoso73 got one. I already have one I ordered online earlier this year. They also had a $20 book that was for charity also, I'm assuming the same charity, the Teenage Cancer Trust. Pretty cool that he had those things being sold at the merchandise booth.

Bozoso73 and I ended up sitting next to a pair of ladies who both said they had seen Zeppelin in concert in Tuscon, one in 72' and one in 77'. Cool beans! 😄

The show was at least twice as good as the Phoenix show I saw back in February with @lpman  (big thanks go to him for getting me in that show!). In Tuscon the show was very Zeppelin-esque (if that's a word) as some of the Zeppelin songs he performed were performed very true (amazingly true) to the original songs, such as The Rain Song, which was an absolute fucking treat! Really was worth the price of admission itself! Magical...

The same with Good Times Bad Times, an absolutely great accurate rendition. Robert Plant dedicated GTBT to John Bonham  and talked about the John Bonham Memorial, saying he was supposed to (or wanted) to be there for this weekends celebration, but his tour got in the way. Robert's voice sounded excellent. It was great... Did a great version of Ramble On as well. Was surprised he didn't do WLL but I was cool with him not doing it, and putting in other songs.

Not to forget we caught the opening act Seth Lakeman who is in Robert's band as well, he was excellent!

It was totally worth it going to Tuscon to see him, worth every penny. Excellent show, so glad I went!

It was fucking cool going with and hanging out with Bozoso73!

God Damn It!!! I had a meeting that night and could not go. I hate work!!!

Good for you Jerry, glad you Bonzoso73 had a good time.

4 minutes ago, IpMan said:

God Damn It!!! I had a meeting that night and could not go. I hate work!!!

Good for you Jerry, glad you Bonzoso73 had a good time.

Got home at midnight, went to work as usual the next day. It was a blast.

7 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

^^it's me at the 37 second mark recognizing they were playing the rain song went oh, yeah!

Tuscon Centennial Hall 9/19/18

Im soo glad someone got The Rain Song! What a great show and a beautiful moment:) Thanks again for the tix J:) A night I'll never forget, rain and all!!:)

Great show on Tuesday! First time I've been to the Music Factory over in Irving TX ( just outside of Dallas) 

Highlights for me , Carry Fire and the Rain Song. ... Robert voice sounded great ! 

Most of the pics I took were off of the big screens, our seats were in the back close to the sound man. 

Setlist:

When the Levee Breaks

Turn It Up

In the Mood

Four Sticks

The Rain Song

Please Read the Letter

Gallows Pole

Carry Fire

Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You

Poor Howard

Got My Mojo Working