Plant on Stern - 10/17/17?

Walter

I just read a report that said Robert is going to appear on Howard Stern tomorrow.  I can't believe he's finally agreed to have an official interview with Howard.  Should be a really, really great verbal wrestling match/interview - if it does happen.  

He'll go down every stairway to answer the questions for the mainstream once and for all.  With that said, he will give us something we've never known before.  I'm certain of that. Howard is an amazing interviewer anymore.

I will believe it when I hear it. Stern is a piece of shit, plain and simple. He used to be pretty funny when him, Robin, BaBa Booey, and Fred Norris would rank on the daily news and other topics but his overplayed, boring shtick about naked women in the studio is long past its sell by date. Stern is a shock jock who makes the claims about Zeppelin to shock, nothing else. Who knows what his true personal opinion of the band is but I doubt Robert would open himself up to non-stop questions about Zeppelin, Page, the occult, groupies, drugs, and having children with his wife's sister. Oh and lets not forget, as soon as Plant try's to bring up his recent material Stern will tell him, "Meh, forget about that muzak shit, lets talk about all the blow you snorted off of underage girls tits..." That interview will go Tango Utah right quick.

I can't see this happening.

Robert hates discussing his private life and Zeppelin tittle-tattle, while Howard thrives on all that salacious stuff and goes in hard.

Unless they have agreed up front not to go down certain roads.

I never thought Macca would go on Howard, but I think a middle-ground was struck and it wasn't too awkward.

Guess what? It happened!  Unfortunately only got to hear the first 15 minutes or so, will catch the rest later.  Howard spent the first 15 minutes of the show geeking out over Zeppelin, say what you will but the guy is a fan.

The interview portion I heard was respectful, thorough, and fun.  Can’t wait to hear the rest on my way home from work..

Regular Stern listener, so heard about it yesterday- just finished it up.  Howard could have let him go on a bit in certain parts of the interview and Robert put him in his place as needed.  You all can draw your own conclusions, but it was great to finally have some Zep representation on the show since Howard is such a big fan.  I'd guess the whole interview will be out there soon. 

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/10/17/show-rundown-october-17-2017/

1 hour ago, mstork said:

Guess what? It happened!  Unfortunately only got to hear the first 15 minutes or so, will catch the rest later.  Howard spent the first 15 minutes of the show geeking out over Zeppelin, say what you will but the guy is a fan.

The interview portion I heard was respectful, thorough, and fun.  Can’t wait to hear the rest on my way home from work..

Awesome! I knew Howard would fawn over him at first, before digging in for a good interview.

1 hour ago, zeplz71 said:

90 minute interview!

Fantastic!  One thing I LOVE about Howard being on Sirius - he controls the time and how it's spent.

1 hour ago, muybein said:

Regular Stern listener, so heard about it yesterday- just finished it up.  Howard could have let him go on a bit in certain parts of the interview and Robert put him in his place as needed.  You all can draw your own conclusions, but it was great to finally have some Zep representation on the show since Howard is such a big fan.  I'd guess the whole interview will be out there soon. 

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/10/17/show-rundown-october-17-2017/

That's what I meant about verbal wrestling, Robert would set the limits of where Howard could and couldn't go.  Nice!

18 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Haven't listened yet but I heard it was a great interview.

Those of us who've been a fan for decades knew this would be the fact!  Howard is about the best interviewer anymore.  People who still think he only about tits and ass haven't been paying attention.  There is still a place for that, but not with big star interviews.  

Thanks for the reviews everyone!

✌🏻

Not a big Howard Stern fan, but congratulations to him on this interview.

Howard managed to get some excellent information out of Robert.   Excellent.   Howard is genuine with his questions, no foul language ... absolute pleasure to listen to.   

Robert was there to plug his new album, yet Howard deflected the time, and kept asking him questions.   Really fun interview.   

Plant is an absolute gentleman with a personality that is infectious.

Percy did not want to put up with Stern's inane, senseless questions, at one point actually asking "I got up early for this?"  And that was one of the gentler comments.

If your interested, you can follow the listener comments on this Stern related forum.

http://radiogunk.com/forums/index.php?threads/10-17-17-whole-lotta-cock-tober-left-thss-official-mockery-thread.14190/page-8

Archived