Is Judas Priest the Metal Zeppelin

McSeven

7 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Don’t be pretentious like Robert.

So if an opinion doesn’t match yours that’s being pretentious?

I answered the question being asked.  No, they aren’t.  Great band, but no.  

Just now, Walter said:

So if an opinion doesn’t match yours that’s being pretentious?

I answered the question being asked.  No, they aren’t.  Great band, but no.  

Walter, I was just joking, I’m not like that at all.

Robert Plant has been accused of being pretentious, so I jokingly said don’t be like Robert.

9 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Zeppelin started Metal, they were before Sabbath!

Now you are getting silly. Metal's originators were probably bands like Blue Cheer or MC5. Zeppelin Metal ? Never. As for Black Sabbath I knew them as a Heavy Rock band ages before anyone ''tagged'' them with that Heavy Metal slur.

6 minutes ago, JTM said:

Now you are getting silly. Metal's originators were probably bands like Blue Cheer or MC5. Zeppelin Metal ? Never. As for Black Sabbath I knew them as a Heavy Rock band ages before anyone ''tagged'' them with that Heavy Metal slur.

Being respectful JTM, I don’t understand, honestly why Heavy Metal is a slur, I really don’t.

I also don’t consider 70’s Black Sabbath to be Metal.

I’ll even go further and say that Deep Purple’s In Rock was way more Metal than Sabbath, even Speed Metal, though that term may also be a slur.

1 hour ago, BledZabbath said:

Being respectful JTM, I don’t understand, honestly why Heavy Metal is a slur, I really don’t.

I’ll even go further and say that Deep Purple’s In Rock was way more Metal than Sabbath, even Speed Metal, though that term may also be a slur.

I’ve never liked the term “Heavy Metal”  so maybe it’s just a case that I would rather not have it associated with anything I happen to like.

17 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

When people ask me what kind of music I like, I tell them I'm a metal head.  It's a much more diverse genre than people give it credit for.  I recall an interview Page gave on the radio many years ago (can't remember any other details), where he said he didn't consider Zeppelin to be heavy metal, but that he liked metal because it didn't apologize.  That hits the nail on the head, I'd say.

10 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

When people ask me what kind of music I like, I tell them I'm a metal head.  It's a much more diverse genre than people give it credit for.  I recall an interview Page gave on the radio many years ago (can't remember any other details), where he said he didn't consider Zeppelin to be heavy metal, but that he liked metal because it didn't apologize.  That hits the nail on the head, I'd say.

I'm a Metal Head too John, I agree with you!

5 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Priest priest is still putting out good music, listen to the entire Redeemer Of Souls Deluxe edition cd, can’t wait for their new one coming out next year.

Agreed, Redeemer of Souls is excellent, they are still putting out quality music.

Archived