Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Wolfman

John Davis is "Mastering" Led Zeppelin

Unless it’s a single or an EP possibly for record store day in April, 2018. 

R😎

Edited by reids

I am very much hoping it’s live. Any guesses as to what it could be? If the picture is any indication, maybe we’d be getting something from ‘75 (Earl’s Court?). If not, maybe a remastered How the West Was Won? I’m dying to know now, more Zeppelin in any capacity can only be a good thing

Hopefully something that hasn’t been already officially released. My guess is Earls Court. We’ll see. 

R😎

5 hours ago, Wolfman said:

Anyone know what this is about?

page.jpg

What city/date is that 1975 photo from??

Earls Court Live 1975 maybe? A compilation of the best bits of the entire run?

Personally, I'm hoping of a new DVD with rare, live, remastered concert and interview footage.

1 hour ago, reids said:

Set List & Photos from January 31, 1975:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/january-31-1975

Old Forum Page had photos/videos deleted (interesting):

R😎

Photos are probably still on the Photobucket site.... but Photobucket abruptly changed their linking policy this Summer, so now each user has to pay big bucks to allow their photos stored on Photobucket  be linked out, hence the message about 3rd party hosting...

As to the picture in question in this thread, I'm going to assume this an encore picture, where security lightens up and allows the fans to crowd the stage in front of those with the front row seats.

IF, John is only mastering that one show, then that would mean no D&C from 1975, which I particularly like. But, perhaps he's mastering a Best Of from 1975... ??

Edited by The Rover

Logic would dictate if it is from 75' it would have to be a best of Earls Court. The complete concert made up of the best songs over the five nights as, to my knowledge, these were the only professionally recorded gigs of the tour.

Another, possibly stronger possibility would be a best of 79' with the majority coming from Aug 4th Knebworth with patches (or whole songs) from the July 24th Copenhagen gig plus that amazing, over the top Communication Breakdown from the 11th.

Edited by IpMan

I wouldn't read too much into the photo.

My hope is that it's the live 'greatest hits' we've all been hoping for, I have my doubts though.

I actually hope its not a "greatest hits". More an Earls Court or other specific event or live run that is mastered and released as a celebration of that specific run or tour, and also as a 'lets test the waters' for further releases. 2018 - the year of Led Zeppelin!

Surely there MUST be enough live stuff in the vaults to warrant a series of releases.

THAT - is my hope.

3 hours ago, Mook said:

I wouldn't read too much into the photo.

My hope is that it's the live 'greatest hits' we've all been hoping for, I have my doubts though.

Agreed RE the photo - I think people are getting too hung up on it when it's probably something John just grabbed from Google Images.

19 hours ago, Wolfman said:

Anyone know what this is about?

page.jpg

Led Zep News said it was deleted. I wonder if he lost a job?

50 minutes ago, sixpense said:

Led Zep News said it was deleted. I wonder if he lost a job?

He done exactly the same thing in 2014 with the remasters so Page would've probably jibbed him off then & never worked with him again if he was upset about it.

It's likely a planned method of building up the hype, it's certainly worked on here anyway.

I don't buy the "he intentionally posted it and then deleted it" conspiracy theory. He was just sharing his day and didn't think people would spot it. Led Zeppelin doesn't need to do viral marketing for upcoming releases.

This is some exciting news for sure! I'm going to try my best to contain my enthusiasm until we get more info, but I'm already wondering what it'll be. Like others here, I'm thinking/hoping it'll be something live. Regardless of what it is, I can't wait!

I would guess its unreleased live material of some sort since its been stated that pretty much everything recorded in the studio has been re-mastered and released already. Look forward to finding out either way!

Most of us have a collection of live stuff. . If anything I hope its not early 75 as Percy got sick and the shows are below par at that time. I can hope hope the 3 shows of EC that are sub par recordings can be polished or JP has multi track or something but even EC was underwhelming. . I really dont want a best of live but whole shows. . bum notes and all. . shows or recordings not already on the "market" . . my 2 cents:)