Next Soundboard Release

Xolo1974

12 hours ago, JTM said:

There is no way I would pay the prices asked for bootlegs these days, £20 would be my max and that's for a double. In the early 70's when I did buy boots they were only a few pence/cents more than an official release. I download torrents because they are there not because "I want so gimme". Besides many bootlegs these days are from stolen sources ie SBD's stolen from Page's house or from torrents freely shared by tapers. It was different years ago when tapers such as Dub Taylor would have his recordings pressed up in order to get them out. The WWW has changed everything and there is no need whatsoever to pay for a "bootleg" recording. I am glad that there are generous folk out there that lay down the cash to liberate greedy capitalist bastard bootleg companies from their stolen wares. If it means that there stolen hoarded  product remains hoarded because they can no longer make a profit so what. This latest tactic dripping out single tracks at an extortionate cost is just more fan exploitation, It'll just take a little longer to liberate complete shows, I can wait.. You say you are doing your bit pitching in, well you are only encouraging their greediness. I could not care less if those Jap bootleg companies shut down because there is no longer a profit in their thievery..

I don't think you're quite correct in this case. Most material stolen from Page's house is out in the open for a long time. The boots ("soundboards") they are releasing these days (and years) are from tapes the "basterd bootleg companies" buy from Showco (and other companies) sound technicians who made some "illegal" recordings. The biggest "basterd bootleg company" will probably be Empress Valley, but they're paying big bucks for these recordings. In my opinion it's only fair they want to earn some money on it. And when it comes along and I like it, I may be one of these generous folks who lays down the cash for it.

But hey, I like the nice packaging and the real silvers. 

And because of the fact there are some idiots? paying cash for these recordings ESVD can go on buying tapes from these people and we can enjoy the shows.

I guess you have to wait a bit longer for liberated boots, 'cause thanks to you and your opinion above it may be likely we won't upload news shows at all.

BTW did you even realize the big "basterd bootleg companies" aren't Japanese at all, but European or American companies? The only produce the boots in Japan because it isn't illegal to produce and sell (and buy) bootlegs in Japan!

3 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I don't think you're quite correct in this case. Most material stolen from Page's house is out in the open for a long time. The boots ("soundboards") they are releasing these days (and years) are from tapes the "basterd bootleg companies" buy from Showco (and other companies) sound technicians who made some "illegal" recordings. The biggest "basterd bootleg company" will probably be Empress Valley, but they're paying big bucks for these recordings. In my opinion it's only fair they want to earn some money on it. And when it comes along and I like it, I may be one of these generous folks who lays down the cash for it.

And because of the fact there are some idiots? paying cash for these recordings ESVD can go on buying tapes from these people and we can enjoy the shows.

I guess you have to wait a bit longer for liberated boots, 'cause thanks to you and your opinion above it may be likely we won't upload news shows at all.

BTW did you even realize the big "basterd bootleg companies" aren't Japanese at all, but European or American companies? The only produce the boots in Japan because it isn't illegal to produce and sell (and buy) bootlegs in Japan!

Thank you!Seattle 75 SB recently is a perfect example.We wouldnt have ever seen that or any of the EV Soundboard Series actually.Ya think waiting works in the bootleg scene?Things have changed but take away Empress Valley releases alone and they re not all rehashes we would be missing a shit load of shows that most likely would have never been fan recorded/torrented/released.Zeppelin we re an underground group in the beginning.The WWW has it down to one track release at a time.Sure we ll share.

Wait.

5 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

You make a good point about the difficulty in getting new soundboard bootlegs. I just got the Seattle 75 03/21 boot. Nice job. But I get my downloads from Black Beauty. Good stuff. And I'm less concerned about getting a computer virus than with Torrent. Hope Bonzo's Birthday and How The West Was Won turn up there soon. Keep us up to date. Thanks.

On 21-4-2018 at 6:44 AM, Mr_K said:

You make a good point about the difficulty in getting new soundboard bootlegs. I just got the Seattle 75 03/21 boot. Nice job. But I get my downloads from Black Beauty. Good stuff. And I'm less concerned about getting a computer virus than with Torrent. Hope Bonzo's Birthday and How The West Was Won turn up there soon. Keep us up to date. Thanks.

I think, when you get your torrents from fan-sites like http://www... or http://www.* you don't have to worry that much about getting a virus. It's all a "from fans to fans" community, and spreading a virus using these platforms makes you a paria in the community.

5 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I think, when you get your torrents from fan-sites like http://www... or http://www.* you don't have to worry that much about getting a virus. It's all a "from fans to fans" community, and spreading a virus using these platforms makes you a paria in the community.

Two of my favourite sites for a dozen or more years...

5 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

That's not true at all.  Your basically leaving your front door wide open for any stranger to walk right inside.    There was actually a major DOS attack the other year and hackers uses peoples Cable DVR to act as a robot to launch attacks.

Patch you software now, and will just need to be patched again down the road.  It's a never ending Merry-Go Round. 

https://thehackernews.com/2018/02/torrent-download-software.html

7 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

What happened to Black Beauty website, it seems to have been down for the last week or so

It looks like they want you to register for something called FC2 ID.  I finally noticed a small square flashing in the upper right corner of the site, partially hidden by my browser bar.  It says FC2.  When you click on it  a window opens on the right side of the screen asking you to register for something called FC2 ID.  I did not want to do that without knowing what it was.  I was thinking maybe it was something they did after you used the site a certain number of times.  I just started using the site in the past month or so.  

53 minutes ago, John M said:

It looks like they want you to register for something called FC2 ID.  I finally noticed a small square flashing in the upper right corner of the site, partially hidden by my browser bar.  It says FC2.  When you click on it  a window opens on the right side of the screen asking you to register for something called FC2 ID.  I did not want to do that without knowing what it was.  I was thinking maybe it was something they did after you used the site a certain number of times.  I just started using the site in the past month or so.  

Sounds weird.  I've been downloading from that site for 10 years now, hopefully it's not down permanently.  

9 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

What happened to Black Beauty website, it seems to have been down for the last week or so.

1 hour ago, John M said:

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Sounds weird.  I've been downloading from that site for 10 years now, hopefully it's not down permanently.  

Glad I wasn't the only one. I love that site. You can download any song from any show at the click of a button, not to mention easily compare multiple versions of a show. I don't think it's based on using the site a certain amount of times. I've been using it for well over a year now and haven't had problems. Then again, I did notice in the last couple of weeks that the downloading was slow. Did anyone else have that problem, or was it just my internet connection?

And hasn't Black Beauty been down before? Hopefully this is only temporary!

30 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

Glad I wasn't the only one. I love that site. You can download any song from any show at the click of a button, not to mention easily compare multiple versions of a show. I don't think it's based on using the site a certain amount of times. I've been using it for well over a year now and haven't had problems. Then again, I did notice in the last couple of weeks that the downloading was slow. Did anyone else have that problem, or was it just my internet connection?

And hasn't Black Beauty been down before? Hopefully this is only temporary!

Not just your internet connection, I noticed the slow down too and can't even get to the site anymore. I remember it was down before a year or so ago, hope it's temporary too.

2 hours ago, John M said:

I have been going to the site for years and it has always been totally free and I don't believe it would ever start charging. I did notice the FC2 ID thing the last time I was able to get on the site, but did not investigate it further.

On 4/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Exactly if poeple didn't buy these releases evsd would stop releasing them and we would never hear them. And some people just prefer to own physical product. Nothing wrong with collecting physical media . At the end of the day it's you're money you work for it and you can spend it as you wish.

I was just reading something very interesting the re release of the may 31 1973 contains a different soundboard  source  form the one evsd previously released . Any body know anything about it.  Could it just mean a lower generation source of the same board tape?  Or is it a source that has previously circulated on another label.  It would be nice if the final third of that show would surface. But I would imagine that if the final portion of the sound board were included on this release they would advertise that. Most likely just a lower generation source of the same board tape. I certainly would welcome  an sb tape with improved sound for this wonderful 1973 show.

1 hour ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

I was just reading something very interesting the re release of the may 31 1973 contains a different soundboard  source  form the one evsd previously released . Any body know anything about it.  Could it just mean a lower generation source of the same board tape?  Or is it a source that has previously circulated on another label.  It would be nice if the final third of that show would surface. But I would imagine that if the final portion of the sound board were included on this release they would advertise that. Most likely just a lower generation source of the same board tape. I certainly would welcome  an sb tape with improved sound for this wonderful 1973 show.

I have 18 different versions of this show. Not one of them is from this other SB source what is the title of the re release?

3 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Just FYI, Black Beauty is now up and running again for me! :hurrah::drinks::thumbsup:

Update: Except now, when I try to download something, this screen pops up. Is anyone else getting this message? image.png.750bdf68f871b6809f3588808b3549a8.png

I just visited black beauty website and downloaded the Stairway sample, no problem for me.

20 minutes ago, mknopfler said:

I just visited black beauty website and downloaded the Stairway sample, no problem for me.

Thanks.  it works on the front page listing and if you click "more" on that page.  But if you go to the pages organized by year and by date of show you still get the same message that ZepHead315 pasted in above.  So you can get the shows listed in the order they posted them, but the year by year listing of shows in date order does not seem to be working. 

33 minutes ago, mknopfler said:

11 minutes ago, John M said:

Thanks.  it works on the front page listing and if you click "more" on that page.  But if you go to the pages organized by year and by date of show you still get the same message that ZepHead315 pasted in above.  So you can get the shows listed in the order they posted them, but the year by year listing of shows in date order does not seem to be working. 

The stuff on the front page appears to be working, but the full "New Arrivals" section is working intermittently. I picked out two shows at random to see if they would download. A sample from Winston's remaster of the 3/24/75 show downloaded easily, but a sample from EVSD's "Double Shot" release of the 5/30/77 show gave me the same error message that I posted above. It appears that the further back you go, the less likely the download works. Has this ever happened on Black Beauty before? Is this just a sign of maintenance, or is the website shutting down/stopped working properly?

Any word on an internet download location of the new STH & Friends sbd from Osaka ? 

Oh well, I just ordered the STH single disc for $65 + shipping from ebay. Hopefully **somebody will upload that complete version of Friends soon. My copy of Stairway from Osaka single disc should be delivered by the 24th from Japan, possibly earlier. I'll post up a lossless copy if nobody else has by then.

3 hours ago, mknopfler said:

Any word on an internet download location of the new STH & Friends sbd from Osaka ? 

Oh well, I just ordered the STH single disc for $65 + shipping from ebay. Hopefully **somebody will upload that complete version of Friends soon. My copy of Stairway from Osaka single disc should be delivered by the 24th from Japan, possibly earlier. I'll post up a lossless copy if nobody else has by then.

Thanks buddy much appreciated 

Archived