Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Xolo1974

Seattle 73 Question

Recommended Posts

Apologies if this has already been asked in a thread elsewhere - did a search and couldn’t find it. Anyhow.....

....I’ve just downloaded the Dave Departee taped version of this show. The quality of the recording is terrrific. But it’s not the complete show. My question is - is there a boot out there that uses this recording as the primary source with patches from the soundboard or other good source? I noticed Eat A Peach released something in 2016.

Thanks

Neil

Edited by Xolo1974
I said 1973 instead of 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Apologies if this has already been asked in a thread elsewhere - did a search and couldn’t find it. Anyhow.....

....I’ve just downloaded the Dave Departee taped version of this show. The quality of the recording is terrrific. But it’s not the complete show. My question is - is there a boot out there that uses this recording as the primary source with patches from the soundboard or other good source? I noticed Eat A Peach released something in 2016.

Thanks

Neil

If you can link me to the Departee download I can create a patched version. I have the complete soundboard. I'll even upload it to Youtube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a version which was done by a guy named Neckey which uses the TMOQ LP source , which is a bit thin and bright but fairly clear. Ear A Peach doesn't use that source as their primary, they use the other more complete audience source which TDOLZ used , with the TMOQ source for patches. I have the Neckey, PM me if you want it, or search for it online . It's excellent. I prefer the LP source to the other more often booted source (TDOLZ), which sounds kind of bass heavy and distorted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.11.2017 at 1:46 AM, Xolo1974 said:

Apologies if this has already been asked in a thread elsewhere - did a search and couldn’t find it. Anyhow.....

....I’ve just downloaded the Dave Departee taped version of this show. The quality of the recording is terrrific. But it’s not the complete show. My question is - is there a boot out there that uses this recording as the primary source with patches from the soundboard or other good source? I noticed Eat A Peach released something in 2016.

Thanks

Neil

I have both the Graf Zeppelin & the Eat A Peach release of V1/2. EAP is a mix of two audience sources on 3 Cds, the GZ-set has 3Cds audience & the SB on 2 Cds. I prefer the GZ over the EAP release, as it is a touch clearer and more dynamic, at least to my ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

I have both the Graf Zeppelin & the Eat A Peach release of V1/2. EAP is a mix of two audience sources on 3 Cds, the GZ-set has 3Cds audience & the SB on 2 Cds. I prefer the GZ over the EAP release, as it is a touch clearer and more dynamic, at least to my ears.

I assume Graf Zepp either used the Neckey merge or did their own version along the same lines, using the old LP version as a primary source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2017 at 9:48 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

If you can link me to the Departee download I can create a patched version. I have the complete soundboard. I'll even upload it to Youtube.

Thanks mate, lovely offer. I can sort a link. However on further research, it would appear the Dave Departee tape is source 2. I think this was used in the JEMS version of the boot. And I think that the Empress Valley version of the boot uses source 2 patched with the soundboard. Perhaps someone can confirm? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I assume Graf Zepp either used the Neckey merge or did their own version along the same lines, using the old LP version as a primary source?

Haha, tbh I have never heard of Messrs Departee & Neckey, did they record the audience tapes? According to Argenteum Astrum & Bootledz, Graf Zeppelin is the only label which uses the second aud source (the longer one) as their primary source. As I love this Seattle gig, especially the wonderful version of No Quarter, I`d love to get me a TMOQ vinyl. But since these gutless fools at discogs have banned bootlegs, this will be a nearly impossible task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Haha, tbh I have never heard of Messrs Departee & Neckey, did they record the audience tapes? According to Argenteum Astrum & Bootledz, Graf Zeppelin is the only label which uses the second aud source (the longer one) as their primary source. As I love this Seattle gig, especially the wonderful version of No Quarter, I`d love to get me a TMOQ vinyl. But since these gutless fools at discogs have banned bootlegs, this will be a nearly impossible task.

Agreed on discogs comment.

 

The first source according to AA is the shorter source found only on LP originally. He calls Source 2 the long, almost complete tapes used on TDOLZ. However, bootledz says Graf is the only label to use source 2 as the primary which is no correct unless he's calling AA's source 2 source 1 ! ??  Is he mixing up sources??  Seems like there is some misleading info somewhere in there. 

Neckey was name for a remaster bloke, he was not the taper. The Graf Zep title may likely be ripped from the Neckey which was shared on dime years ago. Maybe Graf did their own merge but I doubt it. I have the Neckey, pm me if you'd like it. 

Edited by porgie66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the EAP version use the incomplete JEMS AUD release from a couple of years ago?.As even though it' not complete (missing Dazed IIRC), it' the best source for the AUD, AFAIK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnlennon696 said:

Does the EAP version use the incomplete JEMS AUD release from a couple of years ago?.As even though it' not complete (missing Dazed IIRC), it' the best source for the AUD, AFAIK.

I agree with you. I reckon it is the best source. But no, it doesn’t use that as the main source 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

I agree with you. I reckon it is the best source. But no, it doesn’t use that as the main source 

Correct. As I said the Neckey remaster uses that stereo source, which is missing Dazed, Moby and some other parts. The only  boot label to release it is as the primary source is Graf Zeppelin in their 5-disc title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Correct. As I said the Neckey remaster uses that stereo source, which is missing Dazed, Moby and some other parts. The only  boot label to release it is as the primary source is Graf Zeppelin in their 5-disc title. 

And the other audience source is used for Dazed and Moby? I'm getting there George finally........lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone here have the Graf Zep 5 CD set? If so, I'm wondering if the mono source patch used for the beginning minute or so of No Quarter is only one channel?  the Neckey remaster is dead on the left side. Did Graf fix that issue and put the audio in both channels? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xolo, your post actually inspired me to create my own version of this show. I used the Departee recording as the main source and patched it with the Winston matrix, the Dadgad remaster of the soundboard, and EVSD's release of the 2nd audience recording ("V1/2"). I used what was available on Black Beauty, which is why I patched it with two different releases of the soundboard. I did the best I could in Audacity at getting things patched together, but I'm an amateur so bear with me! :lol: Regardless, hope you enjoy it! Stairway and The Ocean unfortunately got blocked for copyright.

It's funny, for the longest time I didn't even realize that there were two different audience recordings for this show. I always thought that it was one tape and that the Winston matrix simply combined that tape with the soundboard. So, I swore by that version. Now that I've found this other source, I can say without question that this is my favorite recording of the show, and really puts it in the best light possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×