John Paul Jones @ the unveiling of The Adoration Trilogy

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

John Paul Jones attended the unveiling of 'The Adoration Trilogy: Searching For Apollo' by Alistair Morrison last night, also joining Donovan on mandolin. The event hosted by Roger Daltrey to benefit the Teenage Cancer Trust included: Alice Cooper, Tom Jones, Peter Frampton & Bill Wyman.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnPaulJonesOfficial/

frampton-cooper-jpj.jpgjpj-mandolin-photo-greatsheiks.jpg

jpj-04.jpg

jpj--02.jpgjpj_01.jpg

5 minutes ago, woz70 said:

He's only 2 years younger than Page, but looks at least a decade younger and is still out there playing amazingly well, being creative and obviously loving it.

Indeed, and still at the pinnacle of his game. IMO one of the most talented multi-instrumentalist on the scene.

The lesson here folks is that it isn't that hard to get out and play if that's what you really want to do. Be it in a church or a bluegrass festival or a park or amphitheatre, there are plenty of opportunities to get out there and play your music. Robert Plant and John Paul Jones do this regularly....and it keeps them young in mind and spirit.

If Jimmy truly wants to go out and play new music there is nothing conceivable standing in his way. The same with putting out a new album. Mars Volta guitarist Omar-Rodriguez puts out a new album practically every month. 

But if all you want to do is tour hockey arenas rehashing 1973, then you are more interested in a star-trip than in being a working musician.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

The lesson here folks is that it isn't that hard to get out and play if that's what you really want to do. Be it in a church or a bluegrass festival or a park or amphitheatre, there are plenty of opportunities to get out there and play your music. Robert Plant and John Paul Jones do this regularly....and it keeps them young in mind and spirit.

If Jimmy truly wants to go out and play new music there is nothing conceivable standing in his way. The same with putting out a new album. Mars Volta guitarist Omar-Rodriguez puts out a new album practically every month. 

But if all you want to do is tour hockey arenas rehashing 1973, then you are more interested in a star-trip than in being a working musician.

Absolutely!

Strider, you're spot on.

I wonder what it is then?

An insecurity that is that debilitating? Some other mental based block? A physical constraint that is frustrating him?

If so that is really tragic and he must be hella-stressed by it.

If it's just nerves and fear of performance, he needs some help from some really good people.

He needs a PLAN!!!!!

It really is a shame because I truly love hearing Jimmy Page play the guitar. Few other guitarists strike my emotional core the way Jimmy does when he plays.

I don't care if it's acoustic, electric, solo, in a band format, or just him doing some avenge-garde shit with a bow. I would just like to see him out there playing something!

John Carpenter just played the Hollywood Palladium performing "Halloween" and all his other movie scores. Why couldn't Jimmy do that...go around and play his scores for "Lucifer Rising" and "Death Wish II"?

That eliminates the pressure of it having to be "Led Zeppelin".

Archived