Robert Plant Guitarist

reids

Robert played guitar on Going To California and Down By The Seaside on record. I’ve seen him play Guitar (Les Paul) on “In The Evening” (live on his Non Stop Go Tour in the summer of 1988). What other rare moments have you seen Robert play guitar? 

R😎🎸

1 hour ago, reids said:

Robert played guitar on Going To California and Down By The Seaside on record. I’ve seen him play Guitar (Les Paul) on “In The Evening” (live on his Non Stop Go Tour in the summer of 1988). What other rare moments have you seen Robert play guitar? 

R😎🎸

A Les Paul (or any guitar) during In The Evening? Are you sure about that? Which show? I don't recall that at all.

I do recall him performing on guitar during Anniversary on the 1990 tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDvCTJSu8Og    

39 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

A Les Paul (or any guitar) during In The Evening? Are you sure about that? Which show? I don't recall that at all.

I do recall him performing on guitar during Anniversary on the 1990 tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDvCTJSu8Og    

Excellent, Steve. Thx. Yes. He had a Les Paul on at beginning of “In The Evening” a long with Doug Boyle at the concert in Columbia, SC. He was silhouetted and everyone thought Jimmy Page was there, but when the spotlight came up it was Robert playing (along side of Doug).

R😎🎸👍

21 minutes ago, reids said:

Excellent, Steve. Thx. Yes. He had a Les Paul on at beginning of “In The Evening” a long with Doug Boyle at the concert in Columbia, SC. He was silhouetted and everyone thought Jimmy Page was there, but when the spotlight came up it was Robert playing (along side of Doug).

R😎🎸👍

Really? Well, you were there so I'll take your word for it and update my files. Perhaps it was a one-time thing.

Unless my memory is failing me, Robert played the opening licks on Communication Breakdown in Birmingham/Pelham. This was the first encore number, I believe the Non Stop Go tour.

On 11/21/2017 at 9:47 AM, jabe said:

Unless my memory is failing me, Robert played the opening licks on Communication Breakdown in Birmingham/Pelham. This was the first encore number, I believe the Non Stop Go tour.

😀🎸👍

R😎

Archived