Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
reids

Robert Plant Guitarist

Robert played guitar on Going To California and Down By The Seaside on record. I’ve seen him play Guitar (Les Paul) on “In The Evening” (live on his Non Stop Go Tour in the summer of 1988). What other rare moments have you seen Robert play guitar? 

R😎🎸

31 minutes ago, sam_webmaster said:

1995 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

😎🎸👍 thanks Sam 

1 hour ago, reids said:

Robert played guitar on Going To California and Down By The Seaside on record. I’ve seen him play Guitar (Les Paul) on “In The Evening” (live on his Non Stop Go Tour in the summer of 1988). What other rare moments have you seen Robert play guitar? 

R😎🎸

A Les Paul (or any guitar) during In The Evening? Are you sure about that? Which show? I don't recall that at all.

I do recall him performing on guitar during Anniversary on the 1990 tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDvCTJSu8Og    

39 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

A Les Paul (or any guitar) during In The Evening? Are you sure about that? Which show? I don't recall that at all.

I do recall him performing on guitar during Anniversary on the 1990 tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDvCTJSu8Og    

Excellent, Steve. Thx. Yes. He had a Les Paul on at beginning of “In The Evening” a long with Doug Boyle at the concert in Columbia, SC. He was silhouetted and everyone thought Jimmy Page was there, but when the spotlight came up it was Robert playing (along side of Doug).

R😎🎸👍

Edited by reids

4 minutes ago, ledded1 said:

Priory of Bryon Wolverhampton 2000.

WULF28.jpg

WULF29.jpg

WULF30.jpg

WULF31.jpg

Too cool, ledded1. 

Thx,

R😎🎸👍

21 minutes ago, reids said:

Excellent, Steve. Thx. Yes. He had a Les Paul on at beginning of “In The Evening” a long with Doug Boyle at the concert in Columbia, SC. He was silhouetted and everyone thought Jimmy Page was there, but when the spotlight came up it was Robert playing (along side of Doug).

R😎🎸👍

Really? Well, you were there so I'll take your word for it and update my files. Perhaps it was a one-time thing.

Yes, indeed. So thankful to have witnessed this. My older brother was with me at the concert. We couldn’t believe it as we’d never seen Robert play guitar live before. 

R😎🎸

He played some great slow blues licks in Montreux in 1993, great feel, sure he can phrase really well, he always did with his voice!

Another one, Robert Plant juggler is also pretty good:

fb8665ab6222fe89ea28ab5bae88e604.jpg

I'd like to know if there're any pics of Robert playing his "occasional bass" ;)

Unless my memory is failing me, Robert played the opening licks on Communication Breakdown in Birmingham/Pelham. This was the first encore number, I believe the Non Stop Go tour.

On 11/21/2017 at 9:47 AM, jabe said:

Unless my memory is failing me, Robert played the opening licks on Communication Breakdown in Birmingham/Pelham. This was the first encore number, I believe the Non Stop Go tour.

😀🎸👍

R😎