Finland 100 years

marlam

Tomorrow, December 6, will be the centenary of Finland's independence.

Finland became an independent state in 1917. Today Finland is one of the most technologically advanced, equal, safest, cleanest and overall best countries in the world.

So congratulations to Finland and all of my fellow Finns! Let's make the next 100 years even better!suomi100.thumb.jpg.b8c0c343f350e0ba1e8627b54d3d0e97.jpg

6 hours ago, marlam said:

Tomorrow, December 6, will be the centenary of Finland's independence.

Finland became an independent state in 1917. Today Finland is one of the most technologically advanced, equal, safest, cleanest and overall best countries in the world.

So congratulations to Finland and all of my fellow Finns! Let's make the next 100 years even better!suomi100.thumb.jpg.b8c0c343f350e0ba1e8627b54d3d0e97.jpg

:thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Yes, Finland is a great country with great people, except for 1940 - 1945 when they were allied with the Nazi's. But hey, everyone makes a mistake now and again.

Believe it or not but in Finland most of us don't see it as a mistake at all. Without that alliance we wouldn't be celebrating our centenary right now. Necessary evil to fight another evil. In 1944 -1945 Finland was actually fighting against them.

39 minutes ago, marlam said:

Believe it or not but in Finland most of us don't see it as a mistake at all. Without that alliance we wouldn't be celebrating our centenary right now. Necessary evil to fight another evil. In 1944 -1945 Finland was actually fighting against them.

Sort of similar to Slovenia, but here some of the smaller troops were in alliance with the Nazis and fighting against the Partizans which were mostly communists that latter became the goverment and most people even today see those troops joining the Nazis as a big mistake. My family and me included, always saw it that way too.

But it certainly divided the nation a bit for awhile and some politicians use it for creating everyday political confussion and claiming the existince of communist mafia after Slovenia became independent and ofcourse it was problematic. The revolution was bloody and communism without a doubt failed and abused on many levels, even if it was probably the best communist system in the world, much better then USSR.

Please don't turn this into a political topic.

Archived