Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
thatguynamedjosh247

favorite band (besides zeppelin)?

Jimi Hendrix, Beatles, Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule, Yes, King Crimson, and Rush.  (Yeah, I grew up in the 60's and 70's!)

3 hours ago, chef free said:

Jimi Hendrix, Beatles, Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule, Yes, King Crimson, and Rush.  (Yeah, I grew up in the 60's and 70's!)

nice, i love pretty much all of those too! :hippy:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience, SRV and Double trouble, Elvis Presley, Roy Harper, The Yardbirds, Beatles, Deep Purple, The Mamas & The Papas, Mazzy Stars, The Black Keys, Cream, The Doors, Mazzy Star, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones,  Metallica , Johnny Winter, Jefferson Airplane , The Who, and .... BB king !

Edited by Klape

There are other bands besides Led Zeppelin? HAHA. I also like Jimi Hendrix, the Who, the Stones, the Doors, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Metallica, a local band called Modernage, Rush, Eric Clapton and related bands, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Willie Nelson, V.A.S.T. I think the musical pickings are slim after the '90's and dont really care for much music produced after the '70's (exception is Rush, of course!)

Off the top of my head:

Rush (my favourite band of all time), Queen, The Who, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Cream, Yes, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Doors, The Sonics, MC5, The Hellacopters, Graveyard, Witchcraft, Asteroid...to name a few. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

The Beatles, The Who, The Ramones, The Rolling Stones, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cheap Trick, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Allman Brothers Band, The Doors, to name a few.

Depending on my mood any of these could be my favorite band after Zeppelin.  No particular order.  I go through phases with all of these.

Beatles

Yardbirds (both the Beck and Page Yardbirds)

Cream

Yes

Pink Floyd

Jethro Tull

Rush

Black Crowes

Renaissance (once Annie Haslam joined)

Santana (really only the first three albums and live shows from that period)

Allman Brothers  (up through Brothers and Sisters)

Going beyond bands, I also go through phases where my favorite music is Beethoven, Franz Liszt, Chopin, Prokofiev, or Rachmaninoff.

4 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Anyone here want to take a wild guess what mine is? :P 

Primus and Tool, perhaps? ;) 

1 hour ago, thatguynamedjosh247 said:

primus sucks! lol :lol:

Awww...shucks! You beat me to it! :lol: 

Rolling Stones, Supertramp (I know that there's no love for Supertramp. But I don't care. I love their music very very much), Style Council, Jam, Specials, Beatles, Queen (70s only), Who, Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, Massive Attack and so on. I like classical and world music too.

:stereo:

1 hour ago, LedZed66 said:

Rolling Stones, Supertramp (I know that there's no love for Supertramp. But I don't care. I love their music very very much), Style Council, Jam, Specials, Beatles, Queen (70s only), Who, Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, Massive Attack and so on. I like classical and world music too.

:stereo:

i love the jam, paul weller is such an underrated guitarist (at least, here in the U.S.)

Queen, Beatles, Who, Hendrix, Petty, Eric Johnson, Rush, Police, Cars, Deep Purple, Crowded House, INXS, Def Leppard, Kiss (74-77), Cream, Eagles, Journey, Cheap Trick, Kings X, Yes, King Crimson, ELP, Rundgren, ZZ Top, etc 

Since I cannot edit my original post any longer, I would like to mention another band which I really love: Fleetwood Mac (the original with Peter Green).