Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
shadowblue

Ten Years Gone

16 hours ago, ledded1 said:

Pilot, brspled and other old boarders met up for a meal before the show. Quite a few of us met up the night before after collecting our wristbands n tickets. They were fabulous gatherings of people from around the world. And we are all still friends in real life.

Wow, nice to get a call out on this forum! I haven't posted in forever but wanted to say 'hi' to Pilot, Paul, Helen, Celia and all the other friends I met on this magical day. The night before at the Worlds End was epic, and yes I remember trying to find Helen at Canary Wharf! You all are memorialized in the artwork I had created to remember this event as I have the picture we took at TGIF @ Canary Wharf in the frame. Paul has seen it since he visited me in Chicago on his Tour of America last year. You are all very special people and I feel honored to have shared this event with all of you!  

Vince from Chicago

21 hours ago, ledded1 said:

I was in Canary wharf again on sunday *( 10 yrs to the day) and saw 2 of the boots stores. There was still no sign of Helen.

Although she is due to arrive in the UK today.

Really? Please send her my warmest regards when you next speak to her.

20 hours ago, VinZep said:

Wow, nice to get a call out on this forum! I haven't posted in forever but wanted to say 'hi' to Pilot, Paul, Helen, Celia and all the other friends I met on this magical day. The night before at the Worlds End was epic, and yes I remember trying to find Helen at Canary Wharf! You all are memorialized in the artwork I had created to remember this event as I have the picture we took at TGIF @ Canary Wharf in the frame. Paul has seen it since he visited me in Chicago on his Tour of America last year. You are all very special people and I feel honored to have shared this event with all of you!  

Vince from Chicago

:goodpost:

Friends for life ticket buddy

On 16/12/2017 at 3:28 AM, VinZep said:

Vince from Chicago

Nice to hear from you Vince :wave:

Dear mods

Just wondering why it was thought better to move this thread to 'News', which it really isn't?

That whole weekend leading up to the show was so much fun. Starting when I stepped off the plane and the immigration agent asked how long I was staying. When I replied I was going home on Dec. 11 he asked in a dry tone if I was there for the Led Zeppelin concert. The gatherings the night before the concert, even the long wait to pick up ticket and wristband and then wait again in the merchandise line just built up the buzz and anticipation. Finally, standing in the crowd on the arena floor witnessing such a wonderful show.

Truly, a spectacular adventure. Still hard to believe it was ten years ago.