Ten Years Gone

16 hours ago, ledded1 said:

Pilot, brspled and other old boarders met up for a meal before the show. Quite a few of us met up the night before after collecting our wristbands n tickets. They were fabulous gatherings of people from around the world. And we are all still friends in real life.

Wow, nice to get a call out on this forum! I haven't posted in forever but wanted to say 'hi' to Pilot, Paul, Helen, Celia and all the other friends I met on this magical day. The night before at the Worlds End was epic, and yes I remember trying to find Helen at Canary Wharf! You all are memorialized in the artwork I had created to remember this event as I have the picture we took at TGIF @ Canary Wharf in the frame. Paul has seen it since he visited me in Chicago on his Tour of America last year. You are all very special people and I feel honored to have shared this event with all of you!  

Vince from Chicago

20 hours ago, VinZep said:

Wow, nice to get a call out on this forum! I haven't posted in forever but wanted to say 'hi' to Pilot, Paul, Helen, Celia and all the other friends I met on this magical day. The night before at the Worlds End was epic, and yes I remember trying to find Helen at Canary Wharf! You all are memorialized in the artwork I had created to remember this event as I have the picture we took at TGIF @ Canary Wharf in the frame. Paul has seen it since he visited me in Chicago on his Tour of America last year. You are all very special people and I feel honored to have shared this event with all of you!  

Vince from Chicago

:goodpost:

Friends for life ticket buddy

On 16/12/2017 at 3:28 AM, VinZep said:

Vince from Chicago

Nice to hear from you Vince :wave:

That whole weekend leading up to the show was so much fun. Starting when I stepped off the plane and the immigration agent asked how long I was staying. When I replied I was going home on Dec. 11 he asked in a dry tone if I was there for the Led Zeppelin concert. The gatherings the night before the concert, even the long wait to pick up ticket and wristband and then wait again in the merchandise line just built up the buzz and anticipation. Finally, standing in the crowd on the arena floor witnessing such a wonderful show.

Truly, a spectacular adventure. Still hard to believe it was ten years ago.

• 11 months later...

Happy 11 years gone everybody! Time sure flies.

As is my custom, I watched the Celebration Day DVD last night.

(I know there's been a thread in the Master Forum for the last couple of months about the relative merits of the concert but I'm just reminiscing on it's anniversary)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pilot of the Storm said:

Ollie: What are you doing?
Stan: There's somebody knocking on the phone.
Ollie: See? That's levity.
Stan: Hello, Mr. Levity?
Ollie: Answer the door! "Mr. Levity". Mmph!

One of my favorites is the haunted ship.  When the drunk falls in the paint. Where they gather the crew by bringing those eggs into the bar.  Funny as hell.  

• 10 months later...

Twelve years gone today.

To put it in perspective...

Led Zeppelin's entire existence as a band was 12 years...1968-1980.

Live Aid was five years after Led Zeppelin's 1980 Euro Tour and Bonham's death. The Atlantic Records 40th anniversary reunion was three years after Live Aid, eight years after 1980.

The first Page & Plant tour was in 1995, seven years after the Atlantic 40th and 15 years after 1980. 

The O2 was nine years after the last Page & Plant tour in 1998 and 18 years since 1980.

It has now been 12 years since the O2, 21 YEARS since the 1998 Page/Plant tour (arguably Page's finest sustained performances since the mid-70s), 34 years since Live Aid, and 39 years since 1980.

And yet, people still cling to the hope of a reunion tour.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the 12th anniversary night, but the video is on my tablet and tonight I will steep myself in that performance again.

It would be instructive if a producer got Page and Plant and maybe JPJ to sit for an interview and critique from the three of them as they are watching the video of some selected songs from that actual performance; just to see what choice comments they all would opine about.  Call it a reunion of the reunion of 2007.  

ADK-Zeppy

Edited by ADK-Zeppy

On 12/19/2019 at 3:55 AM, ADK-Zeppy said:

I missed the 12th anniversary night, but the video is on my tablet and tonight I will steep myself in that performance again.

It would be instructive if a producer got Page and Plant and maybe JPJ to sit for an interview and critique from the three of them as they are watching the video of some selected songs from that actual performance; just to see what choice comments they all would opine about.  Call it a reunion of the reunion of 2007.  

ADK-Zeppy

That's never been their thing. Once the concert was over it was on to the next. They have never been ones to sit around and pick over past performances like a carrion bird. 

A producer might be lucky to get Jimmy to agree to a sit-down such as this but it would be a miracle if all three agreed to subject themselves to such self-criticism.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

That's never been their thing. Once the concert was over it was on to the next. They have never been ones to sit around and pick over past performances like a carrion bird. 

A producer might be lucky to get Jimmy to agree to a sit-down such as this but it would be a miracle if all three agreed to subject themselves to such self-criticism.

Yes, I would agree that it would be a miracle, but even if Jimmy sat for a critique of that performance in 2007 would be (for me) interesting.  He did do something like that when revealing some thoughts about a Stairway recording that's up on YouTube.

ADK-Zeppy

Edited by ADK-Zeppy

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 4:22 AM, Strider said:

But mostly I felt happy for the lads. They had done it! I'm at peace with that finality.

I agree with strider, truly so happy for the lads    And their legacy

( they are bigger than rock ‘n’ roll  they are music at its best!  Truly believe that  Led Zeppelin should be discussed or Taught in schools instead of Shakespeare etc.)

(Actually an understatement , Because somehow in my head I feel like I was vindicated, Or really more like a confirmation of greatness, like as if  since They were awesome that nite  is  like A victory for me also somehow lol

Because  The ones that I roll with  or grew up with Or generally annoy regularly /who even hear Led Zeppelin  spoken outloud Or hear them on the radio would think of ME  for a slight instant before coming to their senses 😎 i’m such a huge fan

LED ZEPPELIN  has been the most amazing thing that I’ve come across in my  ENTIRE life !  

everything about them , The MUSIC & also their Magic, stories , Their power, the silliness, plants funny quotes, John Paul Jones has their secret weapon,  their solo  material  etc. the whole thing has still been  most entertaining to me   And has kept my interest )

( that’s a pretty big statement really )

(I’ll give  Ronnie James Dio RIP a little Honorable mention also because as i was  Growing up  his music , Professionalism and mannerisms Influenced me a lot also .

And my 1970 Buick grand sport 455 stage one  )  

and I’m at peace  also as STRIDER  put it  re’ We may never see them perform together again And the reasons why!

AMEN! lol

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, or maybe "fortunately", I'll never be:  "Over it aaall, Ten years go-one." ("No never!, no never, no never... ") 

I'll never forget the first time I heard it when it was broadcast live on the radio. Nor the first time I watched a bootleg DVD of the O2 show. Nor the first time I saw the official "Celebration Day" footage. Nor the first time I watched the final O2 rehearsal, recorded the previous day with no audience, on YouTube. <-- (Equally amazing to me!) I must have seen/heard it in some fashion/form, at least a hundred times in the past decade and would, still today, be just as riveted to watch or hear it, as I was the very first time. It's just that good. Best moment of the entire 21st century, i.m.o. 

I sure wish they'd do it one more time, just for all history.  It'd be truly amazing. Before the inevitable one day happens, ... ya know? Just once more, ... for the angels! (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, ZeppetitusZ said:

Unfortunately, or maybe "fortunately", I'll never be:  "Over it aaall, Ten years go-one." ("No never!, no never, no never... ") 

I'll never forget the first time I heard it when it was broadcast live on the radio. Nor the first time I watched a bootleg DVD of the O2 show. Nor the first time I saw the official "Celebration Day" footage. Nor the first time I watched the final O2 rehearsal, recorded the previous day with no audience, on YouTube. <-- (Equally amazing to me!) I must have seen/heard it in some fashion/form, at least a hundred times in the past decade and would, still today, be just as riveted to watch or hear it, as I was the very first time. It's just that good. Best moment of the entire 21st century, i.m.o. 

I sure wish they'd do it one more time, just for all history.  It'd be truly amazing. Before the inevitable one day happens, ... ya know? Just once more, ... for the angels! (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

I wish they'd do one more show for the fans. Majority of the people at the 02 were celebrities and millionaires... why not do one show for the fans. Huge outdoor show, so lots of people can attend. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 2:22 AM, DoctorZaius said:

I wish they'd do one more show for the fans. Majority of the people at the 02 were celebrities and millionaires... why not do one show for the fans. Huge outdoor show, so lots of people can attend. 

Then there will still be people who didn’t get tickets moaning and saying they should do “ one more” I don’t know what country you’re in but what if they don’t do it there but across the Atlantic? Then there’ll be complaints that it wasn’t fair and they should do “one more” They’re now very old men. Page (in my opinion) certainly couldn’t do it and just got away with it at the 02.  Plant won’t as he sees that revisiting the past endlessly reaps diminishing rewards.  Jonesy could, and Bonham is dead. So that’s just one out of the original four who could still create their magic