LED ZEPPELIN OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED BOOK - COMING 2018

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin are pleased to announce that Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones are collaborating with Reel Art Press to publish the official illustrated book celebrating 50 years since the formation of the group.

Coming 2018.

For updates please visit reelartpress.com

LED ZEP ANNOUNCEMENT-final.jpg

It might be my limited imagination but...Well I’m guessing a condensed  compilation of the photos and sequencing of, from the super deluxe books plus some more, slightly differing presentation of em. 

Question for me is what further information would another photo book Provide? 

Why do it? 

I notice that in the announcement a point is made that they are all collaborating on it.. 

3 hours ago, Black_dog_boogie said:

I don't see the point in doing a illustrated book, though I don't see the point in complaining about it. I am looking forward to the unheard music being released. I already have an illustrated book on Led Zeppelin.  

IMG_20171220_172912.jpg

That is definitely one of the best books on Led Zeppelin. Shame it's out-of-print. "The Photographers Led Zeppelin" is another great photo book from the past. Again, out-of-print.

Only distinction is all three collaborating, but that in itself is good. On all the remastered re masters, companions, etc., I

would not be surprised if Robert and JPJ gave Jimmy full authority on content without actually physically speaking to

him. That sounds extreme, but I'd bet that's how it went. And this time Jimmy will outdo himself and charge $100 

for a lottery to win a signed(actually stamped) book of 666 copies, with no winners obviously duped.

What is needed is a complete recording sessions history like the books out on The Beatles and Rolling Stones Studio Sessions. Chronological listings of every recording date with the studio, songs and takes recorded, and musicians and recording engineers and producers present. Accompanied by behind-the-scenes photos of the band in the studio.

Edited by Strider

2 hours ago, Strider said:

What is needed is a complete recording sessions history like the books out on The Beatles and Rolling Stones Studio Sessions. Chronological listings of every recording date with the studio, songs and takes recorded, and musicians and recording engineers and producers present. Accompanied by behind-the-scenes photos of the band in the studio.

Agreed 😀👍

R😎

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Oh man, I like this idea. Other than the Stargroves sessions, there's not a lot of visuals of Zep in the studio. I've never seen anything from the Physical Graffiti sessions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 8:08 AM, The Only Way To Fly said:

Do you think JP will offer signed copies for four-hundred pounds again? 

All three are collaborating... so maybe $1000 for the signed limited edition Deluxe version.

Other books published by this company have both a (limited) Deluxe Edition $950, and, a Master Edition for $49.

A softback edition would do for me. :)

There's an "art" to the sizing and presentation of any picture used in a book.

We'll se how "art" worthy this presentation is...

Thanks for the link.  A good size book at 368 pages and the price isn't too pricey for the standard edition. :thumbsup:  Just pre- ordered it for the October release.  Hope to find out more about this book in the coming months.  I had a gift balance of some sort on Amazon for nearly $20 that I didn't realize was there.  Not sure where that came from?  Something from Amazon Prime?  I don't have an idea as I didn't input anything regarding a gift card or something else.  Something on their end, but I'll take it! :thumbsup:

Edited by SuperDave

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin is the first and only official illustrated book to be produced in collaboration with the members of the band. Celebrating 50 years since their formation, it covers the group’s unparalleled musical career and features photographs of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham on and offstage, in candid moments and in the recording studio. This definitive 368-page volume includes unseen photographs and artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world.

Published by Reel Art Press, October 2018.

Available to pre-order now:   
https://goo.gl/vGVFtB

LZ_by_LZ_PHOTO_BOOK_COVER_web.jpg