LED ZEPPELIN OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED BOOK - COMING 2018

sam_webmaster

• Administrators
7 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Hi Sam,

Of course this will be on the top of my Led Zeppelin bookshelf.

Maybe you or someone you know can answer this off topic question regarding the video provided about the Zeppelin fan 18 seconds in holding the Led Zeppelin banner. This person was also in the official DVD. Has this fan ever come forward and identified them self? To me it's iconic and synonymous with Led Zeppelin fans.

I'm not aware of that fan ever being identified. Her photo was also featured in NME back then:

nme76.jpg

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

No. It's just a fan holding unlicensed concert merchandise...note Led Zeppelin is misspelled. Hardy iconic. 😄

Peter Grant wouldn't have been happy. "Pirate fackin merchandise! An' it's not even spelled right!!"

1 hour ago, Bozoso73 said:

Mine is on its way here. . Anyone looking to get D. Lewis' "Evenings with Led Zeppelin"?  He wants $60 for postage (US). . More than the price of the book. .thats insanity. .

I'm really looking forward to this book. I know Mike Tremaglio, Dave's co-author, personally. Perhaps unsurprisingly, we met over a box of Zep bootlegs at a record convention about 20 years ago. At the time I thought I knew a lot about the band, but Mike's level of knowledge was encyclopedic, and it's grown by leaps and bounds since then with the endless research he's done into their career. I ordered my copy a couple of days ago through a third party seller on Amazon. It was around $45 total, including shipping within the US. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. The book is a hardcover and has around 550 pages, so I'm not surprised it is expensive to ship it from England to the States, but you should be able to get a copy for much less from the US version of Amazon. 

For those who are interested, here is a link to Dave's site with some more info about the book:

http://www.tightbutloose.co.uk/tbl-news/evenings-with-led-zeppelin-feedback-lz-news-tbl-archive-led-zeppelin-iii-and-lyceum-1969-coda-london-gig-national-album-day-danny-baker-dl-diary-blog-update/

Edited by SteveZ98
Added link.

17 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

. It was around $45 total, including shipping within the US. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. The book is a hardcover and has around 550 pages, so I'm not surprised it is expensive to ship it from England to the States, but you should be able to get a copy for much less from the US version of Amazon. 

Screenshot_20181011-174242.thumb.png.7c516b2dc74fbef2c720d6fb329691cc.png

Not bad at all for international shipping. Assuming it arrives in one piece. I'm glad Dave is putting something noteworthy out for the anniversary.

On 10/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, porgie66 said:

Mine just arrived, very pleased with the overall quality but the binding is a little rippled on the front. Amazon didn't use any bubble wrap so it probably jostled around a lot in transit. Unfortunately , the one previously unseen thing I had most hoped to see, which is clear photos of Bonzo's drums form 68, is nothing revelatory. Loads of great pics though , very nicely printed on heavy stock paper. Definitely worth the $, IMO. 

IMG_20181009_103108337_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181009_111050525_HDR.jpg

Mine has the reel art press logo upside down lol. Also missing some gold like the other guy's. Did you order through Amazon or RAP directly?

15392952146951095427782.thumb.jpg.4a44266d454ad05a71c12af56bad4e61.jpg

I got it through Amazon today and cant see why some here would say they are disappointed.  The chapter with TOE 80 is like 5 pages and of course R. Halfin gets his fill.  Im not a big fan of shots laying across seperate pages but overall this is a great book.  I wish it came with a slip cover to keep it pristene.  It looks great next to my Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page.  

2 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

It was around $45 total, including shipping within the US

Thanks Steve found a copy.  Im a big fan of DL and he is always gracious with my DMs and answers promptly.  I would be glad to give him my $ I just have a hard time paying more for post than the actual product.  I buy from all over and never get raked like that.  

Got my book yesterday. I think it's fantastic. Especially for the price, it's huge! Tons of shots I haven't seen before. There was a lot of effort put into this, not a lot of overly familiar shots (some, sure, but most are different) and the stories from the band members are great. One thing I noticed - Montreux '72 - recording mics on the drums. I think we will be seeing this show (possibly with video) in the future. To all involved in making this book (I'm sure Sam was involved) hats off, great job. 

On 10/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, badgeholder said:

Got my book yesterday. I think it's fantastic. Especially for the price, it's huge! Tons of shots I haven't seen before. There was a lot of effort put into this, not a lot of overly familiar shots (some, sure, but most are different) and the stories from the band members are great. One thing I noticed - Montreux '72 - recording mics on the drums. I think we will be seeing this show (possibly with video) in the future. To all involved in making this book (I'm sure Sam was involved) hats off, great job. 

The Montreux pic is only the one of Bonzo on page 194. The following pics show recording mics but that's LA 72.  Several of the photos are confusingly labeled like that on different pages, it's not always logical.

Edited by porgie66

On 10/9/2018 at 1:12 PM, Sems Fir said:

Hi Porgie66,

From a different roll, here's more of Bonham.  Note the last few images are of Bonham with the double bass drum set up.

Robert

www.anextranickel.com

FB_IMG_1539108117390.jpg

Would love to see a closer image of those last pics. Anyway you can send a clearer , closer pic of the contact sheet?

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

The Montreux pic is only the one of Bonzo on page 194. The following pics show recording mics but that's LA 72.  Several of the photos are confusingly labeled like that on different pages, it's not always logical.

Generally, pages with full-page photos were labeled either after or before the set, to not obscure the photo with text.
i.e. the LA 72 pics are captioned on pg 198: (25 June 1972, The Forum, Los Angeles, 195-199)

3 minutes ago, sam_webmaster said:

Generally, pages with full-page photos were labeled either after or before the set, to not obscure the photo with text.
i.e. the LA 72 pics are captioned on pg 198: (25 June 1972, The Forum, Los Angeles, 195-199)

Thanks for that clarification! 

On 10/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

Mine has the reel art press logo upside down lol. Also missing some gold like the other guy's. Did you order through Amazon or RAP directly?

15392952146951095427782.thumb.jpg.4a44266d454ad05a71c12af56bad4e61.jpg

So I'm probably gonna get another one since I don't wanna open this misprinted version. I'm thinking about getting the Japanese version.