oasis thread

thatguynamedjosh247

On 12/22/2017 at 3:21 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Josh:

The were ( they live in London of course now) a local band to me. Talk about stealing tunes? Most Mancunians can't stand them - me included.They are also City fans !! Lordy of it can't get any worse?

ah, i know they're infamous for stealing tunes. honestly, they're just a guilty pleasure band for me. also, you're from manchester?

46 minutes ago, thatguynamedjosh247 said:

ah, i know they're infamous for stealing tunes. honestly, they're just a guilty pleasure band for me. also, you're from manchester?

46 minutes ago, thatguynamedjosh247 said:

Sure am

After shelving their albums at the turn of the millennium, I recently started playing them again. I find a lot of it doesn't hold up...there is nothing interesting about them. Brothers fighting? Yeah...the Kinks had that down pat decades ago.

A few songs still get me tapping my feet or nodding my head, but out of all that whole Britpop period, I would rather listen to just about anybody else.

Give me Pulp, Supergrass, Blur, Suede, Super Furry Animals, Ride above Oasis anyday.

13 hours ago, AdonaiTheProducer said:

Hey guys, I recently did a cover of Wonderwall by Oasis. I put A LOT OF EFFORT into making this the most unique cover of their song out there.

It’d be awesome if you all could give this a watch and tell me what you think. I hope it brings you guys some value <3

it's ok man, vocals could be a little less forced. just sing naturally, i found that it comes with the best results, even if i don't completely sound like the artist i'm covering. also, maybe do it with the capo, and less effects. the electric guitar instead of acoustic is pretty unique. but maybe with a capo, and very tiny bit of distortion, i think it would sound good.

Archived