Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Post any interviews with Jimmy Page on the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Led Zeppelin here,thanks.

Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page has opened up about his life and times in Led Zeppelin in a special new issue of Bauer Media’s Planet Rock magazine. The title, available on Friday (February 16), is set to publish four collector’s covers to mark the 50th anniversary of the iconic rock band.

In the world exclusive interview – part of a 22-page feature, including a new photo shoot - band leader Page, 74, addresses whether or not he thinks the band would ever reform to play a gig.

“I very much doubt it,” Page told Planet Rock. “You've just got to face facts. We've gone past the tenth anniversary of the 02 [show], where we managed to do one serious concert. That's the only thing that we've done for such a long time, so I very much doubt we'll do anything else. I really think the time has gone.”

In the interview, Page also reveals that there'll be a brand new Led Zeppelin live album released at some point this year and says he foresees that there'll be 'new' Led Zeppelin product emerging over the next 10 years.

“I can't give the game away, but there's a recording that’s another multi-track that we'll release,” said Page. “It's so different to all the other things that are out there. It's another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I'm looking forward to people hearing that. There's a lot of stuff to come out, a number of releases. I'd like to say that they'll be coming out over the next 10 years. There's more to come for sure.”

Speaking about the forthcoming Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin book, due in October, he added: “I'm really pleased that we're all doing it collectively because there are so many other people doing books. There's about ten that I know of that are coming, which is pretty ridiculous! It will be really good to have an authoritative book, where the band are actually contributing to it rather than being ripped off.”

723d80dc7be301c3f34ed2f792e46e84.jpg

5a82e4771b865.jpg

Edited by The Rover

14 hours ago, Ross62 said:

“I can't give the game away, but there's a recording that’s another multi-track that we'll release,” said Page. “It's so different to all the other things that are out there. It's another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I'm looking forward to people hearing that. There's a lot of stuff to come out, a number of releases. I'd like to say that they'll be coming out over the next 10 years. There's more to come for sure.”

Let the guessing begin. Could it be Earl's Court? Certainly a strong candidate. 

95%. Will be earl's court.  There isn't that much high quality stuff around.  In hope they don't release  poor quality live stuff like some others have done

I hope they go with one of the other nights over 5-25 which is the best sounding one. It's a purely selfish wish for another great sounding EC gig (as opposed to having the same one, only in excellent quality)

I would love a full-length Earls Court audio release, and aside from Japan '71, Earls Court would be #1 on my wish list for full-length concert releases later this year.

However, I am wondering how folks are getting Earls Court from Page's comments - "it's so different to all the other things that are out there. It's another view..." - doesn't that describe Japan, or Southampton, far more accurately than Earls Court?

At this point I really don't care for another solo album. Give me a new decent LZ live album. Don't care for solo stuff that was never going to happen. JP retired as an active musician in 2000.

On 2/25/2018 at 10:57 AM, tmtomh said:

I would love a full-length Earls Court audio release, and aside from Japan '71, Earls Court would be #1 on my wish list for full-length concert releases later this year.

However, I am wondering how folks are getting Earls Court from Page's comments - "it's so different to all the other things that are out there. It's another view..." - doesn't that describe Japan, or Southampton, far more accurately than Earls Court?

Something "so different" " another view"  to me would be '77 . Or maybe Japan '71 although BBC '71 is pretty similar. I wonder if an early show from the first year would be more like it, although there is ample representation on the BBC sessions as well. Blueberry Hill would be something a little less predictable.