The Song Remains the Same - Upcoming screenings

• 3 weeks later...

For those in the Pacific North West, and Vancouver in particular, The Song Remains the Same is playing at The Rio Theatre in Vancouver on July 21 at 8:00PM. Mrs TDL and I have pre-purchased our tickets, and this will be a blast from our past, having seen the movie in the theatre many times in the 1980’s. The Rio is a great privately owned theatre and could use the support to fight being bulldozed and replaced by commercial interests. Hope to see some of you there. Tickets are available on line. 

Edited by The Dark Lord

On 7/11/2018 at 9:02 PM, The Dark Lord said:

For those in the Pacific North West, and Vancouver in particular, The Song Remains the Same is playing at The Rio Theatre in Vancouver on July 21 at 8:00PM. Mrs TDL and I have pre-purchased our tickets, and this will be a blast from our past, having seen the movie in the theatre many times in the 1980’s. The Rio is a great privately owned theatre and could use the support to fight being bulldozed and replaced by commercial interests. Hope to see some of you there. Tickets are available on line. 

Hope they bring in the big amps and speakers and crank it loud like they used to do in the old days.

10 minutes ago, Strider said:

Hope they bring in the big amps and speakers and crank it loud like they used to do in the old days.

10 minutes ago, Strider said:

I doubt they will as I have seen other rock movies at this theatre, and they just use the house system. Nonetheless, it’ll be a hoot. I swear that I saw TSRTS and the Jimi Hendrix double bill at least 30 times as a teenager, as it made the rounds from Indy theatre to Indy theatre. It drove my parents bonkers, but at least they knew where I was and what I was doing. 

3 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

I doubt they will as I have seen other rock movies at this theatre, and they just use the house system. Nonetheless, it’ll be a hoot. I swear that I saw TSRTS and the Jimi Hendrix double bill at least 30 times as a teenager, as it made the rounds from Indy theatre to Indy theatre. It drove my parents bonkers, but at least they knew where I was and what I was doing. 

Bet you snuck in your fair share of joints and long-necks. ;)

Those midnight showings were the best.  That and Floyd's "Live at Pompeii," -- albeit, a different mood. 

As for one of the TSRTS showings, a buddy's girlfriend fell asleep during Dazed & Confused, only to wake up near the end of the song to say to us seriously, "Didn't they play this song already?"

Beer bottles rolling down the aisles.  Beer cans being popped open.  A near-contact high from all the legal and illegal things being smoked.  People screaming at the very beginning to "Turn it up!  Turn It Up!! TURN IT UP!!!!"  (One night the projectionist did that for just a little bit, and Peter Grant's gangster car driving by made everyone's seat rumble it was so loud!!) It eventually got so bad that for future midnight showings, police were checking theatre goers before they bought tickets.

Edited by dpat

21 minutes ago, dpat said:

Those midnight showings were the best.  That and Floyd's "Live at Pompeii," -- albeit, a different mood. 

As for one of the TSRTS showings, a buddy's girlfriend fell asleep during Dazed & Confused, only to wake up near the end of the song to say to us seriously, "Didn't they play this song already?"

Beer bottles rolling down the aisles.  Beer cans being popped open.  A near-contact high from all the legal and illegal things being smoked.  People screaming at the very beginning to "Turn it up!  Turn It Up!! TURN IT UP!!!!"  (One night the projectionist did that for just a little bit, and Peter Grant's gangster car driving by made everyone's seat rumble it was so loud!!) It eventually got so bad that for future midnight showings, police were checking theatre goers before they bought tickets.

Cool man, like reading good old stuff like that 😀.

20 hours ago, dpat said:

Ah yes...those were the days. At my local theatre, every Friday and Saturday midnight was a choice between "The Song Remains the Same", "Rocky Horror Picture Show", and a few others in rotation such as "Wizards", "Eraserhead", "Pink Flamingos", "Pink Floyd at Pompeii", "Gimmie Shelter", "Monterey Pop", "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!", and "Yessongs".

20 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Cool man, like reading good old stuff like that 😀.

Back in 1982, I went to see a showing of TSRTS at the Salem Tri Cinema In New Hampshire. Small Theater with 3 screens. I got there an hour early because I thought it would be hard to get in. When I got there the parking lot was empty and it looked like it wouldn't be a big crowd. Boy, was I wrong, I was there about a half an hour all by myself when the lot filled up in an instant. I couldn't believe it. The building had a glass foyer with large windows. Within minutes I was pressed right up against the glass with about 300 people screaming to be let in.  The man came to the door to open it and as he did the people about 4 feet away from me went right through the plate glass. Other people started trying to jump over the people who were stuck in the window and the rest were trying to force their way in through the doors. I was really scared that I was going to end up through the glass I was pressed against but as soon as it happened the TRI shut the lights and started telling people the show was off and made everyone go home. Everyone went nuts but within 5 minutes the police came and ended the fiasco.5848bfac1140d.image.jpg 

A couple years later I went again with a friend. The place was packed but not one person was partying, smoking or yelling. My friend and I had a joint with us but no lighter, not even a match and we couldn't find one person who would let us use their lighter. Can you imagine that? at a time when just about everybody smoked cigs not one person had a lighter. but at least I finally got to see the movie.

This theater isn't there anymore, too bad. I saw a lot of movies there.

My friend and I went to the movie theater for 2007's T.S.R.T.S reissue.  There wasn't anybody near us so in true hardcore midnight movie fashion we lit a joint just outside the entrance to the movie inside the theater, took a couple of quick puffs each and quickly moved away, just like we did in the old days of seeing TSRTS at midnight movie theaters. And it was such an absolute flashback going to a movie theater to see it again. I have played that album so many times I know I hold some kind of listening record.

Edited by luvlz2

I remember shortly after Bonzo died TSRTS came to the local theater. Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, Illinois. I was in 8th grade and my parents made me take a nap before getting woken up around  11:30pm to go to the show. As we pulled into the  parking lot, the cops had a car pulled over and I saw a cop reach into the car and pull out a bong and put it on the roof of the car. Then we get inside the movie & people were smoking weed, drinking beers - lots of shouts of "Zeppelin" and somebody even lit off a bottle rocket. It was super rowdy but calmed down once the show began. 

A few years ago, I took my own son who would have been around the same age to see the Zeppelin movie that came out around the time of the re-releases. A very different audience - no weed, no rowdiness, no booze, and not nearly loud enough. 

How times have changed. Yet, The Song Remains The Same.   

On 7/19/2018 at 7:47 PM, luvlz2 said:

My friend and I went to the movie theater for 2007's T.S.R.T.S reissue.  There wasn't anybody near us so in true hardcore midnight movie fashion we lit a joint just outside the entrance to the movie inside the theater, took a couple of quick puffs each and quickly moved away, just like we did in the old days of seeing TSRTS at midnight movie theaters. And it was such an absolute flashback going to a movie theater to see it again. I have played that album so many times I know I hold some kind of listening record.

I've never seen it at the theater.  But if it ever shows here in Austin, I AM THERE!  And I'll be having some big ol' hits before I go in...and maybe eat a 'magic cookie' too!  :)  Alamo Drafthouse sells booze, so some cocktails will be in order (Jack, of course!) and then an Uber ride home.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same

Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Ruth Sokolof Theater
1340 Mike Fahey Street
Omaha, NE

$5.00 Member 7.50 Student, Teacher, Military & Senior 10 General

https://filmstreams.org/films/led-zeppelin-the-song-remains-the-same

Sights on Sounds is an ongoing series for fans of great music and great stories. Hosted by Patrick Kinney.

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same is a most unusual concert film weaving hallucinatory dreams sequences and interviews with numbers from a raucous Madison Square Garden show.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same at the Rio Theatre

Making Saturday night plans? We’ve got nothing but a whooooole lotta love for Led Zeppelin’s legendary concert film THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME, featuring the iconic British band’s 1973 appearances at New York City’s Madison Square Garden. Interspersed throughout the epic concert footage are behind-the-scenes moments with the band, colorfully enhanced by sequences which are supposed to reflect each band member’s individual fantasies and hallucinations. Includes blistering live renditions of “Black Dog,” “Dazed and Confused,” “Stairway to Heaven,” “Whole Lotta Love,” “The Song Remains the Same,” and “Rain Song,” among others.

Saturday, August 15
Doors 6:45 pm | Movie 7:15 pm *Start time subject to change
Advance tickets $15 | $15 at the door
www.riotheatretickets.ca

Thursday, August 27 *Second screening added!
Doors 5:30 pm | Movie 6:00 pm *Start time subject to change.
Advance tickets $15 | $15 at the door
www.riotheatretickets.ca

*Minors OK in the balcony! Must be 19+ w/ ID for bar service and main floor seating.
**Rio Theatre Groupons and passes OK! Please redeem at the door.

PLEASE NOTE: All of the Rio Theatre’s screenings are operating at a sharply reduced capacity. We can’t guarantee availability of tickets at the door, so advance tickets for all screening events are strongly recommended. Our online box office can be found at www.riotheatretickets.ca. Online sales for every screening automatically end 1 hour before any given showtime.

THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME (Peter Clifton, Joe Massot, 1978 / 137 mins / PG) Filmed in 1973 over the course of a three-night stand at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, this concert film shows Led Zeppelin at the apogee of their hard-rocking glory. In addition to featuring such indelible hits as “Dazed and Confused,” “Whole Lotta Love” and “Stairway to Heaven,” the live footage is interspersed with elaborate fantasy sequences, backstage shenanigans and a glimpse of what the business side of such a large touring operation entails.

https://riotheatretickets.ca

Rio Theatre
1660 East Broadway
Vancouver BC V5N 1W1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrators

The Song Remains the Same
Date - Saturday, 8 January (Midnight)

New Beverly Cinema
7165 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036

https://thenewbev.com/program/january-8-the-song-remains-the-same/

tickets: https://ticketing.uswest.veezi.com/purchase/702?siteToken=fmtswb0qqbym3de6c4bbsqj89m

Song-Remains-the-Same-poste-385x578.jpg