Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

what is the best album by led zeppelin, (in your opinion) and why? my personal favorite is III, because of the acoustic masterpieces such as "that's the way" and "bron-y-aur stomp". thoughts?

I don't have favorite album because it change everytime.  

1 hour ago, thatguynamedjosh247 said:

what is the best album by led zeppelin, (in your opinion) and why? my personal favorite is III, because of the acoustic masterpieces such as "that's the way" and "bron-y-aur stomp". thoughts?

I love Zep III, but it's my second favorite, because Physical Graffiti is and always will be my #1. To me, it's got everything: heavy bluesy tracks, beautiful acoustic stuff, multi-layered guitars, solo acoustic guitar, short fun tracks, long epics, the entire range. More specifically, to have one album (albeit a double one) with Kashmir, In the Light, Trampled Under Foot, Ten Years Gone, The Rover, and In My Time of Dying - wow, just wow. Hard to top that IMHO.

Pretty hard to decide, but for sentimental reasons I'd go with the debut, since it's the first studio album I listened to after my father introduced me to Zep at the sweet age of 11. And, since that introduction was in the form of SIBLY and STH from the TSRTS movie, I would say the TSRTS soundtrack would be pretty high in my book as well (if we're including live releases).

Posted (edited)

Physical Graffiti is the greatest rock album ever released.

That is all. :thanku:

Edited by rm2551

I have to admit,  choosing my fave Zep albums has always been prone to slight changes.

Zep III was in pole position during several years, loved the sequencing, the glossy gatefold (which for one reason or another, smelled a bit like turpentine). Physical Graffiti followed, since it has even more of the Zep III goodness, plus more (Kashmir and Trampled for instance and featured an even more elaborate die cut cover). The last years I returned to my first Zep acquaintance (Zep II, bought it early 1974). Since it was so loud, I had to listen to it through headphones all the time, studying the album's gatefold cover. So  that one holds a special place.

....However, if I had to go to the desert island, I wouldn't leave unless I, II, III, IV and graffiti were in my trolley (together with 929, Texas Pop, Fillmore W. April 27, Vienna 73 and Eddie:accordian:.)

On 1/3/2018 at 10:29 PM, tmtomh said:

I love Zep III, but it's my second favorite, because Physical Graffiti is and always will be my #1. To me, it's got everything: heavy bluesy tracks, beautiful acoustic stuff, multi-layered guitars, solo acoustic guitar, short fun tracks, long epics, the entire range. More specifically, to have one album (albeit a double one) with Kashmir, In the Light, Trampled Under Foot, Ten Years Gone, The Rover, and In My Time of Dying - wow, just wow. Hard to top that IMHO.

pg is my favorite in critical terms. but III holds a special place in my heart, and imho has more replay value. :goodpost:

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2018 at 9:48 AM, bluecongo said:

Physical Graffiti it has it all

10 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Physical Graffiti is the greatest rock album ever released.

That is all. :thanku:

true. i enjoy III better, though.:P

Edited by thatguynamedjosh247

On 1/3/2018 at 6:15 PM, Remi said:

I don't have favorite album because it change everytime.  

LOL. I know what you mean but for me, it's definitely Physical Graffiti as well. Solid all around album.

Physical Graffiti is my favorite Led Zeppelin album.

R😎🎸👍

On 1/3/2018 at 9:15 PM, Remi said:

I don't have favorite album because it change everytime.  

i see what you mean, because my fave now is houses of the holy lmao