Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
The Only Way To Fly

Famous Shows On New Vinyl

I've just started to see some new vinyl pressings of famous Zeppelin shows.

Looks like there's a new Blueberry Hill and Texas International Pop Fest and a few others on vinyl.

Has anyone picked any of these up yet?

I curious as to how they sound.

Thanks!  

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

I've just started to see some new vinyl pressings of famous Zeppelin shows.

Looks like there's a new Blueberry Hill and Texas International Pop Fest and a few others on vinyl.

Has anyone picked any of these up yet?

I curious as to how they sound.

Thanks!  

s-l1600.jpg

I have the Paris Olympia show on a recent yellow vinyl issue and I think it sounds as good or better than any other version I've heard, probably because I have a good turntable and amp set up,  but my guess is these pressings are just sourced from digital , either downloads or prior CD releases so there isn't much point to having them other than the aesthetic value of the vinyl and large cover art. Most of the time they're not complete shows anyway. If this Blueberry Hill is simply the old vinyl copied to digital and then repressed there's no point really in getting it. The old vinyl runs off speed. I'm curious to hear too what this is. Is the track listing the same as the TMQ double LP? 

Not sure if it's the same as TMQ but below is the track listing. I noticed they have That's The Way after Thank You which is out of order and I also noticed the same on the Texas Pop Fest with How Many More Times at the end of side one. 

These releases seem to be from the same label and they would be shipping out of Poland. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

8 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Not sure if it's the same as TMQ but below is the track listing. I noticed they have That's The Way after Thank You which is out of order and I also noticed the same on the Texas Pop Fest with How Many More Times at the end of side one. 

These releases seem to be from the same label and they would be shipping out of Poland. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Good grief. That's even more botched than the original vinyl releases. Why separate "Thank You" from the organ solo that precedes the song? Definitely looks like one to skip.

It's been so long that I got a freshly made vinyl boot that I just had to get one. Just ordered  Blueberry Hill, says "recently improved sound" and "best sound ever" so looking forward to spinning it.

A review from ebay seller zepfan1957

"First off I want to say I am so impressed with the audio of this pressing of Open Mind Records and I have every pressing put out from Wizardo, Blimp, Titanic etc. and this audio will blow you away, it was like listening to Blueberry Hill for the first time IMO and packaged very well done and limited to 500 copies."

Edited by luvlz2

On 1/13/2018 at 5:34 AM, luvlz2 said:

It's been so long that I got a freshly made vinyl boot that I just had to get one. Just ordered  Blueberry Hill, says "recently improved sound" and "best sound ever" so looking forward to spinning it.

Let us know how it is - if it's that good I might just get it as well. I'm a bit concerned about the track listing being out of order tho....

4 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Let us know how it is - if it's that good I might just get it as well. I'm a bit concerned about the track listing being out of order tho....

I don’t think I could stand that - it would just grate me that it’s out of sync. What a f@ck up

I cannot imagine it'd be any better than a well done digital transfer, since I am pretty certain the pressing plates are sourced from digital download or CD. The covers have nice pics though. <_< You just have to see a good unbiased objective review, or take the chance and buy it and hear for yourself. 

Edited by porgie66

7 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Apparently from what I have read it is the whole gig except five minutes removed out of 'Moby Dick' (hand-drum part) and some audience bits before encores.

3 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Apparently from what I have read it is the whole gig except five minutes removed out of 'Moby Dick' (hand-drum part) and some audience bits before encores.

I think I'm going to have to get it. I'm perfectly fine with the Moby Dick edit. This is such a great show!

5 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

I think I'm going to have to get it. I'm perfectly fine with the Moby Dick edit. This is such a great show!

As a drummer that ruins the whole thing for me. They fucked with Bonzos great solo!? Fuck em, they ain't getting my $$. I'll stick to hearing the show as it was played on another release which I can't imagine this sounds that much better, if at all.