Here is my own complete version of Seattle 1973

ZepHead315

About a month ago, I was inspired to create my own version of the 1973 Seattle show. To my knowledge at least (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the only version of this show that uses the Departee recording as the main source (with the soundboard and other AUD tape patched to fill in the gaps) is the Graf Zeppelin CD set. I'm not sure how that version is patched, but it surprised me how so few releases seem to use this recording. So, I essentially used the Departee recording as my primary source, and patched it with the soundboard for the first 2/3rds of the show, and the 2nd TDOLZ audience source for the last third of the show. This included patching the brief dropouts in Celebration Day and the beginning of No Quarter.

I did NOT alter the recordings (through EQ or what have you) in any way. All I meant to do was to have the most complete version of this show in the best sound possible. I am a complete amateur at this, so go easy on me! :P

I tried posting it on Youtube, but a couple of songs got blocked, so here is a Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_aI0hm2z6AUoazKuqwrWSvKqd38wlnLR

Feel free to tell me what you think! Also, does anyone know how I can share this on other sites such as Black Beauty? I tried the email icon on that site but it doesn't seem to work. I'd love to share this with as many people as I can (assuming you all like it of course, haha!).

• 8 months later...

I've since redone this source mix. This time, I used the Dadgad transfer of the TMOQ vinyl for Stairway and Whole Lotta Love as it sounds brighter and warmer compared to the JEMS version which sounds a bit dull. 

Here are the versions I used:

* = JEMS transfer of the Dave Departee recording
^ = Dadgad transfer of TMOQ’s “Live in Seattle 1973”
# = Dadgad low gen soundboard remaster
+ = TDOLZ’s “Complete Seattle”

Track Listing:
1.    Introduction +*
2.    Rock and Roll #* (minor patch to the soundboard for the first notes)
3.    Celebration Day #* (minor patch to the soundboard to cover for a dropout)
4.    Black Dog *
5.    Over the Hills and Far Away *
6.    Misty Mountain Hop *
7.    Since I’ve Been Loving You *
8.    No Quarter #* (minor patch to the soundboard to cover for a dropout)
9.    The Song Remains the Same *
10.    The Rain Song *
11.    Dazed and Confused #
12.    Stairway to Heaven ^# (switches to the soundboard at the end)
13.    Moby Dick +
14.    Heartbreaker +* (switches to the JEMS source after the first few seconds)
15.    Whole Lotta Love *^+ (beginning is from JEMS, end is from TDOLZ, the rest is the TMOQ source)
16.    The Ocean ^

FLAC Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ocmyn8m1y4dm7/Live_in_Seattle_1973

On 9/23/2018 at 5:58 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Indeed I did yes! :) 

Sounds great. Did you also do a remaster of the Seattle 1975 board?  I think you did a sample of OTHAFA. I thought that sample sounded great too. Any chance to hear the whole 3/21/75 show like that???

13 hours ago, pluribus said:

Sounds great. Did you also do a remaster of the Seattle 1975 board?  I think you did a sample of OTHAFA. I thought that sample sounded great too. Any chance to hear the whole 3/21/75 show like that???

I'll try and get around to it when I have more time on my hands, but I'll definitely do it someday. I've got several other projects lined up at the moment that I want to do, but then I'll definitely continue working on it.

Archived