guy from Nickelback

guy from Creed

all those guys that sound like the guys from Nickelback and Creed

Michael Buble

guy from Our Lady Peace

I'm sure there's more!! :lol:

Eva Cassidy

She's number 1 posthumously in UK apparently with What a Wonderful World

The first time I heard Eva on the radio, I literally stopped what I was doing and stared at the radio... the song was "Autumn Leaves"... ugh, just beautiful. She died so young too, such a shame. :(

there's prolly gonna be a few on here that have been on most people's dislike list :lol:

John Lennon

Paul McCartney

Robert Plant

Freddie Mercury

Mick Jagger

whichever Van Zant was on Skynyrd :lol: (I get them mixed up and I don't feel like looking it up... I think it's Ronnie tho)

Roger Daltrey

Any of the Beach Boys

I like Tom Petty's voice especially on Free Fallin'

I also like Axl Rose... it's not nearly the most refined voice but GNR's wouldn't sound like GNR's without that screech of his

don't mind Bruce Dickinson either

least favs:

Jimi Hendrix..... he's a great player but his voice just isn't the greatest.... although I give him kudos for singing and playing unlike most guitar legends

Kurt Corbain..... I like some of Nirvana's songs but his voice isn't my favorite to hear

Brian Johnson live.... it's AC/DC so the music's great, but I've never really liked his vocals live

funny, some of my faves show up on quite a few "leat fave " lists

My faves

Plant, Perry Farrell, Layne Staley (RIP), Kurt cobain (RIP), Stevie Nicks, Bono, Liam Gallgher, Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, Maynard JK, Trent Rezner,

don't really have least faves.........with the exception of the vocalists listed as my faves, VOX are the last thing I notice in music pretty much

Worst Vocalist of all time:

that dude from Coheed and Cambria. I'd been blessedly and purposefully ignorant of this band until last week when I heard one of their songs on rock band.

I thought it was a joke.

runner up(s): Every frontman AC/DC ever had.

guy from Nickelback

guy from Creed

all those guys that sound like the guys from Nickelback and Creed

guy from Our Lady Peace

Add these to my hated list, too :lol:. I don't know about Michael Bublé. And I can't stand Michael Jackson's voice...ugh. I also don't like Mick Jagger or Jim Morrison's voice. I'm still missing tons more. Oh my god, yeah, Brian Johnson--I hate hate hate his voice. Let's see...who else do I hate...oh, that guy from the Mars Volta, the guy from Wolfmother, the guy from Coheed And Cambria, Jack White. My list goes on and on...

My favorite male vocalists are probably Scott Wieland, Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell (wow, am I showing my high-school-in-the-90's grunge influence or what?). Least favorite... I'm sorry, but I have to say Robert Plant. I just never have liked his singing voice!

Favorite female vocalists would be Stevie Nicks, Susan Tedeschi and Sarah McLachlan. Least favorites... ugh, well that's easy. Britney, Jessica, Asslee (I mean Ashlee)... any of those pop princesses. Puke.

Edit: ACK! How could I forget Layne as one of my favorite male vocalists?! And Travis Meeks. Sheesh, I really am starting to lose my mind!

Favourite:

1. Maynard James Keenan

2. Eddie Vedder

3. Thom Yorke

4. Wayne Coyne

5. Chris Cornell

6. Serj Tankian

7. Beth Gibbons

8. Robert Plant

9. Anthony Kiedis

10. Jeff Mangum

11. Satomi Matsuzaki

12. Trent Reznor

13. Josh Homme

14. Kurt Cobain

15. Raine Mada

Least Favourite:

Any sort of punk vocalists, because they sound like 13 year old suburban douchebags

Any sort of corporate pop artists like Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, etc...

I also intensely dislike any of those cookie cutter singers that come out of American Idol

Favorites:

Robert Plant

Thom Yorke

Jarvis Cocker

Maynard James Keenan

Dan Auerbach

Chris Cornell

Mick Jagger

Muddy Waters

Grace Slick

Jim Morrison

Roger Daltrey

Jack Bruce

Janis Joplin

David Gilmour

Joan Baez

Not so much:

Geddy Lee (god he makes me want to go postal)

Neil Young

Axl Rose

The guy from The Mars Volta/At the Drive-In (but I still love TMV)

Ditto on Nickelback/Creed clones (lol!)

All hair metal singers

Perry Farrell should be on my least favs. The guy sings like a prepubescent kid taunting "nya nya nya nya nya" made even worse with the doubletracking. Michael Stipe has the sheep bleating vibrato ala Eddie Vedder also.

Can't stand Springsteen's fakey "New Jersey cowboy" accent either.

I don't know what fog my brain was in the other night, but I forgot to add to my list of favorites: Solomon Burke, Etta James, Koko Taylor and Albert King. And of course, Otis. Who can help loving Otis, really?

favs:

Robert Plant

Son House

John Fogerty

Marty Balin

Shishido Kouji

Joni Mitchell

Eikichi Yazawa (70s-early 80s)

Drew Emmett (as of last week)

MCA/ Mike D/ Ad Rock

KRS One

Burning Spear

Bob Marley (tho it's probably Family Man's bass that makes me like the Wailers)

Fela Kuti (he's not so much a vocalist as an agitator, I guess)

Astrud Gilberto

Bing Crosby (I know that's askin' for trouble :lol: but it's so close to xmas)

Frank Zappa (The Central Scrutinizer!)

Debbie Harry

Olivia Newton John (pre Physical)

Jerry Garcia (70s-early 80s)

Tina Turner

The Four Tops

The Tempations

Sam Cooke

Whoever the girls were that sang the harmony vox on all those old 40s big band numbers.

James Chance

Darby Crash

^ this is getting a little out of control. They can't all be my favorites!

def.

Plant

Fogerty

Mitchell

Emmett

Yazawa

and the male Motown sound.

least:

Graham Bonnett (by far my least favorite)

Mars Volta (I'd really like them if it weren't for the vox, tho I like Plant, this guy's too much)

Soul Coughing singer (bad trip)

STP/Velvet Revolver singer (boring)

I'd like Dio if he ever wrote any decent lyrics (Man on Silver Mt. and Long Live R'N'R aside)

Joe Lynn Turner

Green Day singer and all the singers from bands that sound like that.

Jeff Buckley (really gets on my nerves for some reason)

David Coverdale (I'm a Mark II kinda guy and Coverdale is like school on Saturday)

She's number 1 posthumously in UK apparently with What a Wonderful World

Kind of. It's a fake "duet" - like the Natalie/Nat King Cole thing - with the achingly awful Katie Melua. Never thought Eva Cassidy could be hard to listen to but put anyone alongside Katie and look what happens.

So much hate for Bob Dylan! I used to hate Bob Dylan- but then again, I used to hate the taste of beer. I acquired a taste for both of them. Dylan is undeniably an acquired taste, but much like beer it is a taste that is utterly fulfilling once you acquire it. The man is the greatest song writer of our time. Others may sing his songs in sweeter tones, but no one embodies the songs like Dylan does.

Add these to my hated list, too :lol:. I don't know about Michael Bublé. And I can't stand Michael Jackson's voice...ugh. I also don't like Mick Jagger or Jim Morrison's voice. I'm still missing tons more. Oh my god, yeah, Brian Johnson--I hate hate hate his voice. Let's see...who else do I hate...oh, that guy from the Mars Volta, the guy from Wolfmother, the guy from Coheed And Cambria, Jack White. My list goes on and on...

Uugh yeah I can't believe I forgot Brian Johnson.... *barf*

Kind of. It's a fake "duet" - like the Natalie/Nat King Cole thing - with the achingly awful Katie Melua. Never thought Eva Cassidy could be hard to listen to but put anyone alongside Katie and look what happens.

I've never heard that version of What A Wonderful World, I only know the version of it from Eva's "Live at Blues Alley" recording. And I've only ever heard one Katie Melua song, Blues in the Night. I like the arrangement of it but she doesn't have much of a voice!

Archived