HTWWW Remasters coming out this March!

Wolfman

There was a post (with photos) on Facebook that HTWWW is coming back out this March remastered (including a Blue-Ray Audio version).I cant find it now. The only disappointing part is that there is no new tracks being added. Below is link to Amazon to confirm it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0796DDBZ1/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1516770273&sr=8-5&keywords=how+the+west+was+won+led+zeppelin

Looks like this is going to be the first release of 2018, disappointing that there are no new tracks but the possibility is that they're being held back for something in the future.

Personally, I'll be waiting to hear what the remastering sounds like before taking the plunge on this one. I was always happy with the 2003 version.

I know nothing about Blu-Ray Audio. Can you separate tracks on this format (meaning can you hear only Jimmy's track, etc.)? It would be awesome to jam with the band if you could phase out Jimmy's guitar.

5 hours ago, Wolfman said:

I know nothing about Blu-Ray Audio. Can you separate tracks on this format (meaning can you hear only Jimmy's track, etc.)? It would be awesome to jam with the band if you could phase out Jimmy's guitar.

That has to a first in Led Zeppelin history! Hey, can you put on a Led Zeppelin album...but please lose the guitar, eh? Hehehe.

2 minutes ago, Strider said:

That has to a first in Led Zeppelin history! Hey, can you put on a Led Zeppelin album...but please lose the guitar, eh? Hehehe.

I only ask because someone had mentioned that there was certain format of music when HTWWW  came out where each instrument was on a separate track. I remember them also saying that if you had the right audio equipment, you could phase one down. Guess I'm wrong. Imagine how cool that would be. I suck at guitar but it would still be fun!

1 minute ago, Wolfman said:

I only ask because someone had mentioned that there was certain format of music when HTWWW  came out where each instrument was on a separate track. I remember them also saying that if you had the right audio equipment, you could phase one down. Guess I'm wrong. Imagine how cool that would be. I suck at guitar but it would still be fun!

I think if you had the 5.1 audio mix of HTWWW you could silence the guitar. One channel each for vocals, guitar, bass, drums and a fifth channel for sound effects/ambience.

5 hours ago, Wolfman said:

You can do that already with the TSRTS live tracks. They are on youtube, without guitar.

Archived