Favorite Movies of Musicians?

MortSahlFan

I never heard any member of Zeppelin mention a favorite movie, but it doesn't matter who.... I just heard John Fogerty mention some great movies (The Devil and Daniel Webster and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre) and thought to myself, "The best usually love the best" - and might find some great recommendations this way, but I think you can tell more about someone's movie interests than their music.. I'd say the same for comedy.

John Lennon mentioned he was a fan of Orson Welles and Fellini.. Once mentioned "Citizen Kane".

Roger Waters liked "El Topo".

I've been meaning to see it, but I've never been a fan with no script, lol.. (This is how it was described to me by a friend)..

I read in one of my many Zep books that Robert Plant "liked to smoke pot and read JR Tolken" (don't remember if there was a mention of movies).

On 1/31/2018 at 9:40 PM, zepscoda said:

I did a quick search of that page, surprised there was no mention how Metallica bought the movie rights to "Johnny Got His Gun" (for the music video of "One") which is a fine movie!

On 2/5/2018 at 9:52 AM, MortSahlFan said:

Read yesterday (and before many times) that John Lennon loved "The Lost Weekend" directed by Billy Wilder.. I loved Ray Milland's performance in that one.

It's right up there with 'Days Of Wine & Roses.'

One of Paul Stanley's favorite films is 'Zorba The Greek.' Mine too.

• 1 month later...

I just read that the movie that left the most profound impact on Jim Morrison was "Ana-ta-Han" which was also directed by his teacher at UCLA - Josef von Sternberg... It's a great movie, I'd give it a 10/10... Luckily for all you movie lovers, it's on YouTube in full.. Really experimental and original movie.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 1:33 AM, kipper said:

Is this thread about which movie about musicians is your favorite?

Or what are the favorite movies of some musicians?

My favorite movie about a musician is Amadeus

I initially meant favorite movies of musicians we know.. Especially Zep members!

Archived