9/29/71 Immigrant Song sb release

drpete

Yeah, I just got the email about this:

***Viva La Soundboard Revolution***

Immigrant Song - Special 1 Track Extremely Ltd Ed (100 Copies Only) Single Soundboard Revolution Release! 
This Single Track features for the very first and only time anywhere, the Legendary Authentic Perfect Stereo Soundboard from 9/29/71 Osaka! 
This show has previously only ever been available as a fake soundboard release. 
Inspired by the original "In Through the Out Door” LP release, this 1 Track Ltd Ed Single is being made available with 5 different and Unique Japanese Woodblock Print Covers. 
Each of the 5 different Japanese Woodblock Print Covers is housed in a special white airmail envelope to cloak the specific version contained within. Empress Valley Label $65

==> This special 1 track title is also available as set with all five unique Japanese Woodblock Print Covers.

Curiouser and curioser. It's like someone's playing games out there...

Fucking $65 for one track?!! This is just nonsense. Trickling out one track at a time now , is it?   Please save the woodblock prints and just give the fans the opportunity to hear the show. This just stinks of opportunism. 2 years from now , we will get Heartbreaker. Maybe I'll live to see the encores at this rate, maybe not. 

13 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Fucking $65 for one track?!! This is just nonsense. Trickling out one track at a time now , is it?   Please save the woodblock prints and just give the fans the opportunity to hear the show. This just stinks of opportunism. 2 years from now , we will get Heartbreaker. Maybe I'll live to see the encores at this rate, maybe not. 

This kind of horseshit is why I can't even remember the last time I went to the bootleg district.

:hysterical::hysterical:( wiping tears from the eyes) so 18 tracks @ $65 each ( assuming of course EV don't release each segment of WLL or The Organ Solo prior to Thank You) that's $1170 for the whole show. But knowing EV they will then release the Japanese introduction before the show as an added bonus. And I thought Page was creaming it in with the re issues

We're being teased. Why and by whom, I wouldn't care to say.

I suppose there's sort of a sensible business model here. If releasing whole shows is off the agenda due to naughty downloading, then are there 100 people in the world prepared to stump up for a single track? probably.

But how does this fit with the Black Dog we got from the night before? It's interesting that this one is billed as a real soundboard, unlike the current 'fake soundboard' we already have. Assuming both nights are similarly sourced, then 28th is going to be a soundboard too. Will more than one track ever emerge for either? who knows...

49 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Not going to buy five copies, just to get each cover?!

I wonder if these Japan 71 SBD tracks are an indication of the "surprises" in store for release this year? Getting people to buy one song at $65 or more, then a few months later we get How The East Was Won?? $65 is the " good " price too...can't wait to see the nonsense prices on feeBay. 

4 hours ago, porgie66 said:

ROTF !!  Looks like it's $65 per song and you have to wait another 2 years for the next song to come out...hahahah

They probably lost a ton of money in this worthless Bitcoin scam and need to make their money back

Alas,

Like the junkie I am, I'll be smiling like a big dog the first time I get to hear this new track. 70 poorer.

I just wonder if we're finally at the end of the road of the "Soundboard Revolution". The best saved for last, one last song at a time.

Or, we're being fornicated with a ferrite tubular annulus.

I guess I could be a fan of mowing grass............

5 hours ago, Crimson Avenger said:

Not going to buy five copies, just to get each cover?!

The email from Japan about these said "Each of the 5 different Japanese Woodblock Print Covers is housed in a special white airmail envelope to cloak the specific version contained within", which to me means you won't even know which version you're getting until you tear open that envelope, so people who want all five versions will likely need to buy more than five and hope that when they open all of the envelopes they got at least one of each cover.

How long can you go on abusing your customers like this until they stop buying what you're selling?

Remember, they released the Heartbreaker-teaser a few months before they finally released the 3/21/75 Seattle concert. That was a similar rip-off: $50 for Hearbreaker, the rest just various 75-SB-revolution album fillers.

But let us enjoy the sunny side of the news: There is an intact SB of 929!!! I have dreamed of that for 25 years. This Immigrant Song with its wahwah-solo is simply out of this world.

$65 for one single track is ridiculous, but I know myself..........

If EV will release 928 & 929 to celebrate the anniversary, I wonder how Jimmy Page could top this.

5 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

Jimmy would totally have to pull something out of his Doopa; like a 1968 recording  :munchies:

Or, Jimmy already has, by releasing these titles through back-channels to EV for years, as I have read some theories as to how this  sbdrevolution started in the first place, plausible eh? Regardless, I am hoping these boys in Japan don't screw with us much longer, if indeed they have the full tapes of 28 & 29. God damn they have patience  to hold these for so long!

My god I can't wait to hear that ! My favorite Immigrant song solo, and the only one where he use a Wah-wah pedal. Almost a dream come true. Hearing Robert Plant voice crack in the intro is going to be even more awkward though haha.

I swear the day they pull the whole 9/29 out in soundboard quality the world will be a better place !

Archived