Travelling Riverside Blues Cover

gibsonfan159

This, to me, is the coolest riff Page ever put down on guitar. Is it a traditional blues progression? Sure, but the way Page combines this acoustic riff with electric guitar and turns it into a blues rock masterpiece still astounds me today. He was a little over twenty when he recorded this. The swagger of this song is still unmatched in my opinion. You can bring up Beck, Clapton, Richards, Townsend, or Steve Vai, but none of them put anything down that sounded as confident and cool as this song. 

4 hours ago, Klape said:

I like it ! love the sound of the 12 strings, it match very well with the original. I don't bother to tune my 12 strings to other tunings than standard, I'm too afraid to break a string haha. Well done

Thank you! This was my first attempt with it on the 12. Took me thirty minutes to retune it. I'd ways thought this was an electric song, so it kinda blew my mind when I read Page used an acoustic 12 for the main guitar.

Excellent, very nicely played. This makes you appreciate the great sophistication of what Page played. It's fairly simple but so musically rich. When you hear it isolated and see it demonstrated, it highlights it's greatness. I've been doing some drum demos of Bonham's drumming on my new YouTube channel BONZOLOGY with Terry and George. Check it out! 

44 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Excellent, very nicely played. This makes you appreciate the great sophistication of what Page played. It's fairly simple but so musically rich. When you hear it isolated and see it demonstrated, it highlights it's greatness. I've been doing some drum demos of Bonham's drumming on my new YouTube channel BONZOLOGY with Terry and George. Check it out! 

Thanks, and will do.

• 3 months later...
On 2/9/2018 at 4:52 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

This, to me, is the coolest riff Page ever put down on guitar. Is it a traditional blues progression? Sure, but the way Page combines this acoustic riff with electric guitar and turns it into a blues rock masterpiece still astounds me today. He was a little over twenty when he recorded this. The swagger of this song is still unmatched in my opinion. You can bring up Beck, Clapton, Richards, Townsend, or Steve Vai, but none of them put anything down that sounded as confident and cool as this song. 

Dude -- where did you get that slide and what kind of slide is it? Never seen that before - awesome.

6 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

It's called a jet slide. Allows you to play with all four fingers.

Sweet -- it looks really good -- did you use one with glass or just metal? (I see they have a few different options).

• 7 months later...
14 hours ago, pageluvva said:

GREAT playing 159. Nice feel and tone on that one. Bravo 

First time I saw that slide was the guy from The Rival Sons. I need one now 😎 

Thank you. I always hated playing slide due to not being able to chord properly, but this thing makes all the difference. 

Archived