2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

55 minutes ago, Strider said:

Opening Day belongs in April. On a Monday...or Sunday at least.

Agreed!

29 minutes ago, ebk said:

Free baseball! 

Sigh .....

Happy Opening Day to you! 😘 Hope Mr ebk is doing better than last week. Can’t believe it was only a week ago we saw you...

Was watching the Yanks before taking Jr to soccer practice. 4-0 in the bottom of the sixth...  Let’s Go Yankees!!  Get #28 this year!

I am doing the Tomohawk chop!  Have Braves in this comback and a win gets me some $.  So will a Kershaw W.  I have the White Sox big time..  And O's.  Really had to sweat.  Davis usually does not blow plays.  I just hope he can find the ball this year.Tomorrow's lineup will be better.  I do not like it when Gentry is in there but he did have a web gem

Nice Opening Day win for the Mets defeating the Cards 9-4 at Citi Field.  They continue their great Opening Day record as are 37-20.  More amazing as they lost their first eight Opening Day games. 

A somber day at the park today as former Met and great humanitarian Rusty Staub passed away this morning at 73. 

7 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Opening day lunch, watching the Rangers kick off their 161 game lossing streak 

Cheers 🍺🍻⚾🍻🍺

20180329_153108.jpg

20180329_162757.jpg

Nice spread and love the snacks and beer as look quite good.  Probably better than the game itself!

4 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Opening day lunch, watching the Rangers kick off their 161 game lossing streak 

Cheers 🍺🍻⚾🍻🍺

20180329_153108.jpg

20180329_162757.jpg

Nice!

You’re a New Yorker, come on over to the Yanks. We’re in it to win it! ;) 

4 Yankees have multi-hr first games of the season since 1950:

Mantle - ‘56

Maris - ‘60

Pepitone - ‘63

Stanton - ‘18

good company!

5 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Nice start for Stanton as he didn't have a great Spring.  But that's just exhibition and doesn't matter or count!

How are your Mets looking this year? I haven’t scanned the entire league.

Yanks start the season with two consecutive road wins. 4-2 tonight - with Judge, Stanton, and Sanchez going 0-12.  Nice! Great pitching from Tanaka.  Enjoying the free mlb ticket on Directv 

Know what - I’ll keep the records for the season If we want to do the challenge. 

Pick division winners, plus 2 wild cards. 

5 bonus points for wild card picks

10 bonus points for division champs

both will be added at the end.

Picks in by Monday night? Rick you can re-pick if you want.

Lets do this!

✌🏼❤️⚾️

Last night the Cardinals were on the losing side of baseball history.  The Cardinals opened the game against the Brewers with back to back homeruns and the Brewers ended the game with back to back homeruns.  

According to MLBatBat, this was the first time in Baseball history that a game opened and closed with back to back homeruns.  

Very interesting.  You (or least I) would think that out of the millions of games played since Baseball's inception that this would have happened at least once or twice before. 

Archived