Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
LedZeppfan1977

2018 MLB season thread

Recommended Posts

Plus you KNOW, like pretty much the rest of baseball fans, you want to see a Sox/Yanks playoff series. Just wish it was for the ALCS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Walter said:

Plus you KNOW, like pretty much the rest of baseball fans, you want to see a Sox/Yanks playoff series. Just wish it was for the ALCS. 

I agree and coming from a core Mets fan.  I'm one of the few Mets fans that don't hate the Yankees.  It's just some of their fans I don't like with the stupid arrogance.  You're not one of them in any way as a great baseball fan!  Although, I don't like the Wilpon's and don't do things right for the team.  Hopefully, a new GM will help. But will depend what he's allowed to do.  May be an obstacle in getting a great GM. 

 

I'm sad as no more D-Wright.  Great send off they gave him on Friday.  Very classy by the Mets and himself.  Will be there when his number is retired and should be next summer.  Too bad with the back problems as he was injury free until nearly 30.  Has same condition that Mattingly had.  So sad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Walter said:

Plus you KNOW, like pretty much the rest of baseball fans, you want to see a Sox/Yanks playoff series. Just wish it was for the ALCS. 

Yep. Pretty much. First meeting between the two in playoffs since that epic 2004 ALCS.

Go Sawx! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty quick hook for Verlander, but with the bases loaded, understandable. Pretty good games, so far...

 

 

^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Pretty quick hook for Verlander, but with the bases loaded, understandable. Pretty good games, so far...

 

 

^_^

He's got Kate Upton to go home to, so life ain't so bad for him. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Strider said:

He's got Kate Upton to go home to, so life ain't so bad for him. 😏

True dat! :drool: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was mercifully brief. Indians had no chance. Did Cleveland even show up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Some sweeps are better than others, I guess. Houston should destroy whoever wins the other series....

Are you serious?  Destroy the Red Sox?  Get real.  That might be a slugfest for the ages.  Both teams can kill the ball and the pitchers in the NL series are better.  I am backing the Dodgers and my boy Machado.  Though the Brewers are red hot.  Won 11 in  a row counting regular season and took the division from the Cubbies on the final day.  Unreal.  Hats off to the Brewers, and Schoop, Manny's good friend from my team that is dismantled.  Go Dodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Are you serious?  Destroy the Red Sox?  Get real.  That might be a slugfest for the ages.  Both teams can kill the ball and the pitchers in the NL series are better.  I am backing the Dodgers and my boy Machado.  Though the Brewers are red hot.  Won 11 in  a row counting regular season and took the division from the Cubbies on the final day.  Unreal.  Hats off to the Brewers, and Schoop, Manny's good friend from my team that is dismantled.  Go Dodgers

Milwaukee Brewers versus Los Angeles Dodgers:  Milwaukee.

Houston Astros versus Boston Red Sox:  Houston.

2018 World Series:  The Milwaukee Brewers vs. The Houston Astros.  

2018 World Series Champions:  The Houston Astros.  

Two time consecutive World Series Champions.  

 

Edited by kingzoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've seen too many Yankee-Red Sox series to declare this one over just because the Red Sox spanked the Yankees 14-1 tonight. Ooops...it was 16-1. Too bad the Red Sox couldn't save some of those runs...they might need them tonight.

I remember when it looked over for the Red Sox after a thumping by the Yankees in Game 3 in 2004. The Yankees never won another game.

The Yankees have the dangerous lineup to turn this series around in a hurry. And Boston still has the problem of what to do with David Price, who continues to meltdown in the playoffs.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Milwaukee Brewers versus Los Angeles Dodgers:  Milwaukee.

Houston Astros versus Boston Red Sox:  Houston.

2018 World Series:  The Milwaukee Brewers vs. The Houston Astros.  

2018 World Series Champions:  The Houston Astros.  

Two time consecutive World Series Champions.  

No way.   Brewers are hot but Dodgers win.  Machado and Bellinger will make sure of it. Dodgers win NL.  AL?  Too tough to call. Toss up.

Red Sox go into NY and beat their best pitcher 16-1.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Dodgers over Boston in 7 in Series.  

Houston Astros over Milwaukee Brewers in 5 in the 2018 World Series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Chuck. Boston was just too much for the Yankees.

The question now is can Boston bash their way past Verlander and Cole and the Houston pitching? They're gonna get Verlander at least twice in the ALCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 World Series:  The Milwaukee Brewers vs. The Houston Astros.  

Gotta agree there. Would love to see the Brewers finally win it just for my friend who's from Wisconsin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Strider said:

Sorry Chuck. Boston was just too much for the Yankees.

The question now is can Boston bash their way past Verlander and Cole and the Houston pitching? They're gonna get Verlander at least twice in the ALCS.

Slugfest that Boston wins

Houston will have to face Sale twice at least.  Price twice.  I believe Boston has an edge in pitching.  Hitting is about equal, bout are dynamic.  The Dodgers have an equal amount of both.   Milwaukee is scary no doubt.  But I just think the Dodgers have a few more things going for them.  Dodgers in 6 or 7 and Boston in 7.  Dodgers in 7 to win the series on the back of Machado and Bellinger.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Slugfest that Boston wins

Houston will have to face Sale twice at least.  Price twice.  I believe Boston has an edge in pitching.  Hitting is about equal, bout are dynamic. 

David Price?!? That's what you are hanging your hat on? 😮

Have you watched David Price in the playoffs? His teams are winless in games in which he starts. 0-9 for his career in the playoffs. His only win came as a reliever.

Boston is even thinking of using Price out of the bullpen instead of starting him because of his history of meltdowns. And Chris Sale's velocity on his fastball is down so he isn't 100%, either.

That's why I don't buy your theory of Boston's pitching being better than Houston. No way are Sale and Price better than Verlander and Cole, even if Sale and Price were 100%.

Boston slugged a lot of runs against the Yankees and it is easy to get caught up in that thunder. But pitching and defense wins championships. Houston proved that again last year.

So, I am not as convinced as you that Boston can just bash their way past Houston. They are going to need their pitching staff to step up at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clayton Kershaw is, in my opinion, the most overrated pitcher of alll-time. 

Being a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, I cannot believe that I am rooting for the Milwaukee Brewers.  I so dislike the Los Angeles Dodgers that I have no choice to want to see the Brewers beat the Dodgers.

Since I was born in Galveston, Texas in 1970  and I grew up in Houston, the Astros are My second favorite team.

My Baseball loyalties are strong.  Even though I am a die-hard  Cardinals fan, I am also a die-hard Houston Astros fan.  

It really does not matter to me who wins the NLCS, the Houston Astros are going to be the World Series Champions for 2 years in a row.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Sandy Koufax or Bob Gibson ever gave up a home run to a pitcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Remi said:

MLB, too many games, too many ads !!

Definitely too many ads.  However, never enough games!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ebk said:

Definitely too many ads.  However, never enough games!!! 

If you get any news on the O's future plans please pass along.  You are more likely to hear things down there than me.  I feel bad for Buck.  Not his fault. I am cheering for Manny to win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×