2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

45 minutes ago, Strider said:

Aren't you forgetting the Red Sox-Yankees dogfight?

I've always had an opinion that maybe the Sawx/Yanks rivalry was a bit overrated at times--especially when one or both were in the cellar. That Pedro/Zimmer fight is still awesome to watch, though...

Maybe the Giants and Dodgers are still the great one--for me, anyway...

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I've always had an opinion that maybe the Sawx/Yanks rivalry was a bit overrated at times--especially when one or both were in the cellar. That Pedro/Zimmer fight is still awesome to watch, though...

Man the rivalry was in full force when I was growing up in the late 70’s. When Zimmer was the BoSox manager. I can remember their line up almost as well as the Yanks. My most hated rival in all of sports, personally.

On 5/16/2018 at 10:37 AM, paplbojo said:

Sorry Rick but the Baltimore Orioles have the worst record in Baseball.  Your Orioles Suck.  

My Saint Louis Cardinals are in a battle for the  lead in the National League Central. 

At least they are not 20 games under. 500.  

What do you have to say about That?

I expect no reply from you because I think that you are too embarrassed to reply this post because you have continued to say that the Baltimore Orioles are going to be in the 2018 World Series. As of this moment. The Baltimore Orioles are the joke of the Baseball season. 

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Sorry Rick but the Baltimore Orioles have the worst record in Baseball.  Your Orioles Suck.  

My Saint Louis Cardinals are in a battle for the  lead in the National League Central. 

At least they are not 20 games under. 500.  

What do you have to say about That?

I expect no reply from you because I think that you are too embarrassed to reply this post because you have continued to say that the Baltimore Orioles are going to be in the 2018 World Series. As of this moment. The Baltimore Orioles are the joke of the Baseball season. 

Wait just a minute.  What do you think I am smoking?  I am not crazy enough to even think they will finish any higher than 4th in the division. I am not sure they can fix the mess they are in and its certainly too late to even think of playoffs let alone World Series.  NO CHANCE.  I never said they would be in the World Series.  If you are referring to the contest, that is for fun.  I picked them to win the division.  Never thought they would tank this bad.  They have contended for the last 6 years or so.  This is back to 1985.  After they won the Series they were horrible.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:56 PM, paplbojo said:

Let's not get carried away. Shotani still has not faced every team. Once teams get a second and third look at him is when we will be able to determine just how unhittable he is. It takes time for scouts to compile a book on a pitcher and pass along their advice to hitters.

It's sad to see how far Baltimore has fallen. Not just the team but the beautiful Camden Yards ballpark. It's a ghost town...it's like watching a Miami game. This ballpark used to be packed night in and night out.

Once fans get used to doing something else and learn to live without baseball, it is very difficult to win those people back. The decay of Oriole attendance also coincides with the arrival of the Nationals in D.C. The Orioles used to own the Maryland/D.C. area alone.

You wonder if Baltimore will ever be relevant again.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

It's sad to see how far Baltimore has fallen. Not just the team but the beautiful Camden Yards ballpark. It's a ghost town...it's like watching a Miami game. This ballpark used to be packed night in and night out.

Once fans get used to doing something else and learn to live without baseball, it is very difficult to win those people back. The decay of Oriole attendance also coincides with the arrival of the Nationals in D.C. The Orioles used to own the Maryland/D.C. area alone.

Thanks.  Now I'm gonna cry... 

11 hours ago, Strider said:

Believe it or not, I actually feel sorry for the fans of the Baltimore Orioles.  Especially Rick.  He always has high hopes for his team. I do notice that when the Orioles lose (and really suck, like they do this year), he avoids commenting because of his usual bragadocio that the Orioles are the best team in the American League.

Edited to add:  At least I can say that My Saint Louis Cardinals are still in the race almost halfway thru the 2018 season.

There is still over 100 Baseball games to be played.

Long live the Saint Louis Cardinals!!!

On 5/30/2018 at 4:58 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

No that belongs to me for being so stupid to pick the Orioles and White Sox.

This may not seem sincere, but the Baltimore Orioles are a complete joke this 2018 season.  I hate to be the one to tell you so, but your Orioles pretty much Suck every year.

What decade did the Orioles actually play in a  World Series?  What year was that?

Good game tonight in Houston--Sale getting hammered, but that will happen a lot. Besides, I think I really like the Astros. Maybe it's just Verlander or the whole fucking team, hmmm.

If they do get to the dance again and beat the NL, I won't complain...

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Good game tonight in Houston--Sale getting hammered, but that will happen a lot. Besides, I think I really like the Astros. Maybe it's just Verlander or the whole fucking team, hmmm.

If they do get to the dance again and beat the NL, I won't complain...

I can agree with you about the Houston Astros because I was an Astros fan when I was 8 years old. I used to go to  Astros games with my parents at the Astrodome.  When I was a teenager we moved to Saint Louis.  That is when I became a Die-hard Saint Louis Cardinals fan.  That was in the early 1980's. 

I played Little League baseball in Saint Louis when I was a teenager and I was a very good Pitcher and catcher.  

0'fer 8 with 8 strikeouts.....now that's a rough day.  A record-breaking effort at that !  And two of the guys pitching I've never seen or heard of....and I follow the team.

I played Little League baseball in Saint Louis when I was a teenager and I was a very good Pitcher and catcher.

Bundy...Is that you ???

11 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

0'fer 8 with 8 strikeouts.....now that's a rough day.  A record-breaking effort at that !  And two of the guys pitching I've never seen or heard of....and I follow the team.

Bundy...Is that you ???

😂😂😂

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

So, what do you do when you realize the Mets are sinking down the drain? Watch a World Series dvd and pick yourself up... 🙄

Either that, or hope the Astros roll over the American League, again...

Thank you Mets!  :) 

Archived