Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Boogie Chillen 82

top 5 favorite No Quarters

On 2/21/2018 at 8:37 AM, John M said:

It usually depends on which ones I have listened to lately because there are so many great versions.  I cannot compare the versions across tours - they are too different.

I think that the original TSRTS version will always be special to me.

For 1975 one I have always gone back to is 3/27/75.  The interplay during the jam is special.

For 1977 it is toss up between June 21 and June 23.

Holy cow that is an Amazing version of NO QUARTER. WOW !!!

I always thought NQ was kinda the bathroom break song for the 1977 tour. Because the Seattle 1973 is incredible. No disrespect to those that like the NQ 1977 versions, in my opinion they could have cut the length of NQ and play more tracks off Presence, imagine   hearing "Hot's on for No where"  "candy store Rock". 

I don't know why, but i never realized how goddamn good this is. The sound is great and it's really an epic performance of this song all around. Page is in the zone, from beginning to end. 

I don't know if I mentioned strat night from the 23rd of Earls Court, but yeah, killer baby. Maybe another "Nutrocker" from 4-28 or Maryland 5-26. I gotta reach back for Seattle '73, too...

19 hours ago, blindwillie127 said:

I don't know why, but i never realized how goddamn good this is. The sound is great and it's really an epic performance of this song all around. Page is in the zone, from beginning to end

Thanks for reminding me about this one.  Great version.  I don't usually think of 1979 when I think of No Quarter.