Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Ross62

The Evolution Of The Drum Set

4 hours ago, Ross62 said:

Enjoy.

My original teacher is on long service leave overseas so as his fill in I chose a guy who went to Juilliard although that's not why I chose him.It's because he was my old percussion teacher and he knows his stuff but he's cruisey too.

Sounds good. Wish I could, but I really can't afford a teacher these days. ☹️

On 10/23/2018 at 9:39 PM, Ross62 said:

Edited by Ross62

Love this movie. Otis Sistrunk (of the Oakland Raiders) gets a butter pat on the head. 😄

^Funky.

I was asked to play the Bo Diddley beat recently and thought I had a fairly good idea of how to play it but it just wasn't sounding right.

So I found this..

On 11/9/2018 at 3:49 PM, Ross62 said:

^Funky.

I was asked to play the Bo Diddley beat recently and thought I had a fairly good idea of how to play it but it just wasn't sounding right.

So I found this..

Really cool to figure that out. :)

18 hours ago, redrum said:

Really cool to figure that out. :)

Oh yeah,it's a curse being OCD and researching a lot of things but the band appreciates beats played right too. 

5 hours ago, Ross62 said:

Oh yeah,it's a curse being OCD and researching a lot of things but the band appreciates beats played right too. 

I'm working on the snare drum solos by Art Bernstein in Drumhead magazine. It's all the things I never learned before or the teachers didn't seem to think I needed to learn them. Paradiddles, flams, ruffs, drags, flam taps, long rolls, short rolls, dynamics, repeats, etc. It takes me a while, but I love figuring this stuff out. :)