living loving wreck on remastered vinyl led zeppelin 2

hi guys,

my vinyl copy of led zeppelin 2(remaster) says "living loving wreck(shes just a woman)" on the label. i know that the first pressings had that aswell, but the mistake was soon fixed. do the remasters have that as a tribute or do have a super rare copy? the title on the gatefold has the correct spelling. 

Edited by brothercrossthewater2112

5 hours ago, brothercrossthewater2112 said:

hi guys,

my vinyl copy of led zeppelin 2(remaster) says "living loving wreck(shes just a woman)" on the label. i know that the first pressings had that aswell, but the mistake was soon fixed. do the remasters have that as a tribute or do have a super rare copy? the title on the gatefold has the correct spelling. 

I don't have the standalone vinyl, only the Super Deluxe box. I just checked mine, and it says "Maid" not "Wreck" on the label of both the original album and the companion disc.

That's very interesting! Perhaps they did it intentionally as an Easter Egg on a few copies. Are you 100% sure you don't have a bootleg/unofficial copy? I know Russian pressings of the reissues are all over the place and they have some small variations from the true official pressings.

If you could post the runout matrix info scratched into the runout groove of your LP, that would help. Thanks!

1 hour ago, tmtomh said:

I don't have the standalone vinyl, only the Super Deluxe box. I just checked mine, and it says "Maid" not "Wreck" on the label of both the original album and the companion disc.

That's very interesting! Perhaps they did it intentionally as an Easter Egg on a few copies. Are you 100% sure you don't have a bootleg/unofficial copy? I know Russian pressings of the reissues are all over the place and they have some small variations from the true official pressings.

If you could post the runout matrix info scratched into the runout groove of your LP, that would help. Thanks!

i got it from a big store in London quite recently. it has a light blue sticker that says "the classic album on 180g vinyl", "includes Whole Lotta Love and Ramble On" and "remastered by Jimmy Page". im gonna post pics soon.

Here it is:

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-II/release/11309572

Looks to be legit! Discogs has two entries for the single-LP (non-deluxe), European pressing of the Zep II 2014 reissue. One of them has Living Loving Maid on the label, and the other one has Living Loving Wreck. The two pressings appears to be identical in almost every other respect, except the etching in the runout groove for Side B on the Living Loving Maid one is BD 16357-01 B1, while the etching on the Living Loving Wreck one is BD 16357-01 B1 3Ḻ (no idea what that little line under the L is about). Also, the red and green labels have some slightly different catalogue-number info and copyright info on them.

There are two variations of the US/Canada pressing too, but while both of those also have slight variations on the labels, both of them say Living Loving Maid.

I have no idea how rare or common your version is, but very cool - nice pickup!

Edited by tmtomh

13 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Here it is:

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-II/release/11309572

Looks to be legit! Discogs has two entries for the single-LP (non-deluxe), European pressing of the Zep II 2014 reissue. One of them has Living Loving Maid on the label, and the other one has Living Loving Wreck. The two pressings appears to be identical in almost every other respect, except the etching in the runout groove for Side B on the Living Loving Maid one is BD 16357-01 B1, while the etching on the Living Loving Wreck one is BD 16357-01 B1 3Ḻ (no idea what that little line under the L is about). Also, the red and green labels have some slightly different catalogue-number info and copyright info on them.

There are two variations of the US/Canada pressing too, but while both of those also have slight variations on the labels, both of them say Living Loving Maid.

I have no idea how rare or common your version is, but very cool - nice pickup!

very interesting thanks for the info!!! Ramble On!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 10:34 PM, The Only Way To Fly said:

I think that's pretty cool indeed!

Anyone come across any other "Easter Eggs" in the reissues?

I don't have any of the box sets or reissues, but was curious about In Through The Outdoor. Does the sleeve change color when you apply water do it? That would be pretty cool if it did. 

Only one way to find out! (Fills up pitcher of water)

• 10 months later...

I also have this very same version in my SuperDeluxe-boxset. It's EU-edition and I bought it on release. Can post a pic if anybody wants proof. 

I've bought also the 2 different individual-releases (normal and deluxe) but they don't have that "Wreck".

So, it's nice little thing and sort of easter egg to have in the big boxset.

Edited by SamsZosoSams

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, sixpense said:

Just received my new German pressing today and it saws Wreck instead of Maid.

The sound quality is much better than the American pressing and the vinyl feels like 180 gram while the American version is thinner.

The sound quality might indeed bet better on the EU version, but both the EU and North American versions are 180 gram.

21 hours ago, tmtomh said:

The sound quality might indeed bet better on the EU version, but both the EU and North American versions are 180 gram.

The european pressings are manufactured by OPTIMAL/Germany, a pressing plant with a stellar reputation. The US pressings are manufactured by PALLAS/USA. This can explain possible differences in sound quality. 

• 8 months later...

Yesterday I bought II 'Super Deluxe'.

The vinyl I have also says: "Living Loving Wreck (She's A Woman)". But mine is from the Super Deluxe Edition.

Does anybody else have it on the vinyl in the Super Deluxe Box?

Does this "mistake" make the box more or less valuable? :wacko:

livinglovingwreck1.jpg

livinglovingwreck2.jpg

Edited by Rodrigo

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 7:47 PM, brothercrossthewater2112 said:

im not a expert on this but ive heard that they did something wrong on the credits for the "lemon song", i dont know if mines the same. would like answers, thanks.

robert_plant-jimmy_page.jpg

Yes the early pressings of LZII credited "The Lemon Song" on the sleeve and "Killing Floor" on the label. The intention was to call it "The Lemon Song" however the irony is that "Killing Floor" is actually the correct title of the song. Another attempt by Zep to take credit for someone else's, in this case Chester Burnett, work.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:05 AM, Fat Albert 72 said:

Yes the early pressings of LZII credited "The Lemon Song" on the sleeve and "Killing Floor" on the label. The intention was to call it "The Lemon Song" however the irony is that "Killing Floor" is actually the correct title of the song. Another attempt by Zep to take credit for someone else's, in this case Chester Burnett, work.

I also have a old Led Zeppelin II pressing from Europe that had John Paul Jones listed as John Baldwin.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A misprint by Atlantic Records resulted in the original UK pressings of Led Zeppelin II being titled "Livin' Lovin' Wreck (She's a Woman)", with the "Wreck" corrected to "Maid" and the subtitle changed on the US and later releases. 
maybe this was an ‘homage’ to the error 😂😂