Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Tadpole in a Jar

Jason Bonham Asked to Change Band Name to "LZ Evening"

Recommended Posts

Jason says he had to change the name of his tribute band to "Led Zeppelin Evening" at the request of Zeppelin. They're apparently planning to use "Evening" for something later this year (maybe that acoustic guitar and tabla drum reunion :shifty:).

He's been using "Led Zeppelin Experience" since 2010 and no one had a problem. They couldn't come up with another word? Maybe I'm on my own island, but does anyone else think this seems a bit mean, unnecessary, and not a good PR move?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He went with Evening because he has JBLZE license plates on his car and just purchased a JBLZE logo stage backdrop last year. So it was going to remain a word beginning with E one way or the other. I have a hunch the change has more to do with JLBLZE entering it's eighth year with a new guitarist. The bassist has also changed since inception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wondering if they more have a problem with him using "Led Zeppelin" in his band name.. Why would they care about Experience... ?

To tell them because he doesn't want to change "JBLZE"  because has a Vanity plate and a backdrop seems a little odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Led Zeppelin Evening. 

Side note...I always thought that the Jimi Hendrix Experience always sounded like it was a tribute band, even though they were the original. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the chase said:

I've been wondering if they more have a problem with him using "Led Zeppelin" in his band name.. Why would they care about Experience... ?

To tell them because he doesn't want to change "JBLZE"  because has a Vanity plate and a backdrop seems a little odd.

News reports (if reliable) have stated that Zep's management team itself requested that Jason make the change, most likely because there's a possibilty they intend to use the title for some upcoming releases to celebrate the band's 50th anniversary. So it's basically clearing some legal right of way. This is a good sign if you were disappointed with the recent announcement of the big "7 inch single" that's being released, because it signals that there are many more things to come. Hopefully, that vinyl single was just the tip of the iceberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2018 at 1:29 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

News reports (if reliable) have stated that Zep's management team itself requested that Jason make the change, most likely because there's a possibilty they intend to use the title for some upcoming releases to celebrate the band's 50th anniversary. So it's basically clearing some legal right of way. This is a good sign if you were disappointed with the recent announcement of the big "7 inch single" that's being released, because it signals that there are many more things to come. Hopefully, that vinyl single was just the tip of the iceberg.

Does Jimmy intend to tour under the name "Led Zeppelin Experience" ?  Yea...................I know, What was I thinking!

Edited by sixpense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps if Led Zeppelin releases a live compilation that perhaps they are intending on using Led Zeppelin Experience in the title of the release.  Just an idea, but it could certainly be for some other use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Led Zeppelin Experience sounds like some laser light show synced to the music of Led Zeppelin and/or some exhibition to celebrate their 50th in September.  

Just a thought.

R😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using that name for anything seems ridiculous now. Jason has been out there for eight years touring under that name. It would only cause confusion. And as Jason said, he already paid to have an expensive backdrop made for his band with "JBLZE" on it so he had to think of how to avoid losing the money he'd put into the banner. I don't think this looks good on Jimmy and whoever else was involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't he have "JBLZE" emblazoned on his congas?

Might scupper the acoustic reunion plans ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tadpole in a Jar said:

Using that name for anything seems ridiculous now. Jason has been out there for eight years touring under that name. It would only cause confusion. And as Jason said, he already paid to have an expensive backdrop made for his band with "JBLZE" on it so he had to think of how to avoid losing the money he'd put into the banner. I don't think this looks good on Jimmy and whoever else was involved.

Agreed. Maybe one or more of the three surviving members was indirectly trying to bring an end to that Led Zeppelin Experience or has some other plans to use that name for something else (maybe including Jason w/ 3 surviving members for their 50th Anniversary celebration), so it’s not “Led Zeppelin” but “Led Zeppelin Experience”. We’ll see.

R😎

Edited by reids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the suits don't want any confusion over what is a bona fide Led Zeppelin event, and what isn't, during the 50th anniversary year. 

Edited by Boleskinner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

I think the suits don't want any confusion over what is a bona fide Led Zeppelin event, and what isn't, during the 50th anniversary year. 

But it's not the use of the name "Led Zeppelin" they have a problem with, it's the word "experience." If they're applying "experience" to a Zeppelin project now, people are going to think of Jason's tribute band. They couldn't find a synonym for "experience" to avoid giving Jason a hard time? He's practically their nephew!

They seem to have made nothing but perfect decisions from 1968 to now (although not letting Jonesy know about Plant-Page in advance seemed a bit questionable, as well), so I hate to see them mess up a perfect record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone forgot to tell these guys...

March3rd-1.thumb.jpg.2dbabee9d9f7b08844de640f67088ee3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot wrap my head around this one! They had an issue with the word Experience, and not with using the name Led Zeppelin?!! Who is they anyway, Warner / Chappell ...Page? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe there’ll be several other bands this year reuniting to help with Led Zeppelin’s 50th Anniversary celebration: 

Dread Zeppelin Experience

Kingdom Come Experience 

Jimi Hendrix Experience* (w/ replacement members)

Pink Floyd Laser Experience 

We’ll see.

R😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I cannot wrap my head around this one! They had an issue with the word Experience, and not with using the name Led Zeppelin?!! Who is they anyway, Warner / Chappell ...Page? 

Well, again I take the claim with a huge grain of salt. Aside from the reasons I already cited, it could also be a name change was required to bring overseas what was (remains?) an Annerin production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Well, again I take the claim with a huge grain of salt. Aside from the reasons I already cited, it could also be a name change was required to bring overseas what was (remains?) an Annerin production.

Yep. Could be very possible for legal purposes to bring JBLZE overseas, in addition to above mentioned initial reasons. We’ll. See. 

R😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, reids said:

Maybe there’ll be several other bands this year reuniting to help with Led Zeppelin’s 50th Anniversary celebration: 

Dread Zeppelin Experience

Kingdom Come Experience 

Jimi Hendrix Experience* (w/ replacement members)

Pink Floyd Laser Experience 

We’ll see.

R😁

I was hoping for the Tiny Tim Experience but alas, this will never come about. Too bad, they could even drag out Ms. Vickie too :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holograms.

you can experience LZ from 197x as holograms . 

They have done something with technology so it can be experienced again

demixing technology and some kinda holographic tech

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JAP said:

Holograms.

you can experience LZ from 197x as holograms . 

They have done something with technology so it can be experienced again

demixing technology and some kinda holographic tech

It's a bit too Barnum & Bailey for me. "Step right up, experience the mighty Led Zeppelin..."  <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It's a bit too Barnum & Bailey for me. "Step right up, experience the mighty Led Zeppelin..."  <_<

It’s  one way of “being seen to be playing” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

It's a bit too Barnum & Bailey for me. "Step right up, experience the mighty Led Zeppelin..."  <_<

Exactly. 

R😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JAP said:

It’s  one way of “being seen to be playing” 

Presumably backstage, a holographic butter queen & mounds of holographic chizzle.

Seriously this holographic musicians thing is sad. It really is a circus as SAJ said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suppose It’s like a concert DVD but 3D that you watch in a large theatre  or cinema. 

Not quite as fake as Disney land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×