Jason Bonham Asked to Change Band Name to "LZ Evening"

Tadpole in a Jar

Pure coincidence! Just read this on BBC news about ABBA (We all love ABBA, right?)

In summary they’ve gone holographic! and have started doing new music, :-( . No touring pressure!?

Pop group Abba have returned to the studio to record their first new music since the 1980s.
The Swedish quartet said the new material was an "unexpected consequence" of their recent decision to put together a "virtual reality" tour.
"We all four felt that, after some 35 years, it could be fun to join forces again and go into the studio," the band said on Instagram.
"And it was like time stood still."
No release date has been set for the new songs - but one of them, titled I Still Have Faith In You, will be performed in December on a TV special broadcast by the BBC and NBC.
Abba's spokesperson Gorel Hanser described the new songs, saying: "The sound will be familiar, but also modern."
The studio sessions were "like old times", she told Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.
"Easy as anything. It didn't feel weird that they hadn't been in the studio together for 35 years."
But Hanser said the group would not perform live, other than as holograms in the forthcoming Abba Avatar tour.
"No, you can not expect them to join forces on stage again," she said. "They will not do that."
The band have resisted pressure to reform since they stopped recording together in 1982, despite a reported $1bn (£689m) offer for to tour in 2000.
In an interview with the BBC in 2013, Agnetha Faltskog said she preferred to leave the band in the past.
"It was such a long time ago, and we are getting older, and we have our different lives," she explained.
News of the new material comes in a bumper year for Abba fans. An immersive exhibition based on the band's career is running on London's South Bank, while Chess, the musical Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson wrote with Sir Tim Rice, is being revived in the West End.
A sequel to the film version of Mamma Mia!, starring Amanda Seyfried and Cher, will be released on 20 July.
And, speaking to the BBC's Adam Fleming last week, Ulvaeus hinted that there could be new material. Here's what he said:
How did the Abba avatar idea come about?
We were introduced to an idea by Simon Fuller who is, as you know, an entertainment entrepreneur -  [creator of] the format of American Idol and manager of the Spice Girls and so forth.
He came to Stockholm and he presented this idea to us that we could make identical digital copies of ourselves of a certain age and that those copies could then go on tour and they could sing our songs, you know, and lip sync. I've seen this project halfway through and it's already mind-boggling. 
What does it actually look like? Does it look like a younger you? 
Yes. Real. And they say once it's finished you'll never see that it's not a human being. And what attracted me personally to this is of course I'm always curious, scientifically-curious and this is new technology and we are pioneers. So I thought, 'Yeah let's go for it,' and you know the other three went for it as well. 
What is the actual format of the tribute show going to be? Is it going to be these Abba-tars all the way though? 
No, other people as well. And as for the format I'm not entirely sure what it's going to look like but some sort of tribute show with these Abba-tars for want of a better word as the kind of centrepiece. 
Will you write new material for it? 
We don't know what the Abba-tars will sing yet but there's lots to choose from of the old stuff and yeah, I'm not ready to say that yet.
So there could be new songs…
I'm… it's up in the air. 
Stay tuned…
Yeah.
Why not reform and have a reunion? The real you, rather than the virtual ones. 
Yeah, why not? Well… it never seemed like a good idea. It's not that we haven't had offers over the years. But somehow we always thought that the Abba that people have in their minds are the once-young and energetic group from the '70s. And we just never felt the urge to go on tour, I guess.
On the whole we toured very little. We had like 10 years together and of those 10 years maybe we toured, like, seven months. Not more than that. So to go on tour as a geriatric, I don't know!
Formed in 1972, Abba were essentially a Swedish supergroup, consisting of songwriters Ulvaeus and Andersson from The Hep Stars and singers Faltskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad, who had scored success as solo artists.
But their joint project completely eclipsed their previous successes. After winning the Eurovision Song Contest with Waterloo in 1974, the band sold almost 400 million singles and albums around the world. 
Mamma Mia!, the musical based on their hits and produced by Ulvaeus and Andersson, has been seen by more than 50 million people.
During their most successful period, the band survived marriage break-ups between Ulvaeus and Faltskog, and Lyngstad and Andersson, but they finally called it a day in 1983.
Their final recording sessions, in 1982, produced the hits Under Attack and The Day Before You Came, which featured on the compilation album The Singles.
Their last public performance came three years later, on the Swedish version of TV show This Is Your Life, which honoured their manager Stig Anderson.

15 minutes ago, mstork said:

Yup. And I’d be there in a heartbeat! 😁

I would as well. Though there is little chance, I imagine, that the volume could be like it was, with everyone going beta and whatnot, but maybe I'm wrong. That would be the biggest reason I'd want to go, to hear for myself what a concert was like. I can't imagine what Kashmir, STH etc at those volumes would feel like. Not sound like, but feel like. Would love for them to bring it to MSG. I'd prob go ten times in fact. Just make it LOUD!

On 4/27/2018 at 11:28 AM, paplbojo said:

I would as well. Though there is little chance, I imagine, that the volume could be like it was, with everyone going beta and whatnot, but maybe I'm wrong. That would be the biggest reason I'd want to go, to hear for myself what a concert was like. I can't imagine what Kashmir, STH etc at those volumes would feel like. Not sound like, but feel like. Would love for them to bring it to MSG. I'd prob go ten times in fact. Just make it LOUD!

YES!! Totally creepy and weird but I would attend in a heartbeat! I cannot imagine what the energy and volume would fee like "live"

3 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Impossible, but apparently the lemmings will line up for an artificial approximation of the original.

"Norwegian lemmings are not stupid. They are masterful burrowers and, like other rodents, score highly when it comes to reproduction." BBC

All this is pure guesswork.

Still it could be an explanation for the “experience “ trade mark stuff. 

Also goes some way to solving a few other problems such the demand for a tour and their age’s etc.

I’ve no idea how good the technology is but judging by that ABBA article above then it’s convincing! 

I suspect that even if life like then it still wouldn’t be enough to convince every Zeppelin fan of it being a good idea.

I mean I could see some debate going off if any of this actually happened.

On 4/28/2018 at 1:11 PM, JAP said:

Time travel is impossible 

Lorentzian wormhole + Heisenberg uncertainty principle = Travel back in time is theoretically possible.

So rejoice! One day our ancestors may actually be able to travel back to 26/12/1968 and witness Zep's American debut live and in person. Us though...meh, no dice.

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

Lorentzian wormhole + Heisenberg uncertainty principle = Travel back in time is theoretically possible.

So rejoice! One day our ancestors may actually be able to travel back to 26/12/1968 and witness Zep's American debut live and in person. Us though...meh, no dice.

R😎

B9C316D8-FF76-420E-9EC0-CF7FC201A6EA.jpeg

Archived