Ten Years Gone LTTE question

I've heard that there are two versions of the Winston Remaster of Listen to this Eddie 1977/06/21: one with the low quality audio patch for Ten Years Gone and one without. I have been unable to find the one without, and I've seen some floating around (like on youtube) that some would say fit, but these are just the Genuine Masters version parading as Winston Remaster. My question for the well informed: does the version of Ten Years Gone without the audio patch from Winston actually exist or is that misinformation from people mistaking Genuine Masters for Winston?

I think what you're referring to is the raw 1st gen that Winston used for his remaster. If I recall correctly, he put out both. The raw has no remastering, so the cuts are there. The remaster is the one with the EQ on the audio and the TYG gap filled.

Someone other than Winston took Winston's version and re-EQ'd the patch to make is sound less bad. I believe that version was called "Now Heare This Edward." Could that be what you have in mind?

I made my own version where I replaced the audience-source patch in Winston's with a patch from the performance on the 23rd (the "Badgeholders" show). It's my go-to version now.

However, as folks know, a new audience source for the Eddie show surfaced in the last few months, and I believe it sounds better than the audience patching source Winston had available at the time. Maybe patching that it would work nicely...

Archived