With the player movements and the draft coming up, it is time to put 2017 in the rear-view mirror and look ahead to the coming 2018 NFL season.

The Cleveland Browns just made a big splash before the draft. Say goodbye to Tyrod Taylor, Rick.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22706747/making-sense-2018-cleveland-browns-nfl-trades-tyrod-taylor-jarvis-landry

Goodbye Michael Bennett. Goodbye Richard Sherman. The dismantling of Seattle's Legion of Boom continues...and with no small amount of schadenfreude from the other NFL teams and fans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/03/09/richard-shermans-release-accelerates-the-dismantling-of-the-seahawks-and-creates-free-agent-intrigue/

10 minutes ago, Strider said:

Goodbye Michael Bennett. Goodbye Richard Sherman. The dismantling of Seattle's Legion of Boom continues...and with no small amount of schadenfreude from the other NFL teams and fans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/03/09/richard-shermans-release-accelerates-the-dismantling-of-the-seahawks-and-creates-free-agent-intrigue/

Doesn't bother me one bit. Let them implode.

Well Sean I am well aware of yesterdays moves and I have not anticipated a draft more than this one in ages. The Bills are loaded with picks.  With Taylor gone the doubt is gone that they are going to either draft one of these young prospects or pursue Nick Foles.  Now we have a good history of doing business with the Eagles.  The Bills and Cardinals have been reported to be the leaders in the pursuit of Foles.  We know the Eagles would prefer to trade him to the AFC.  But the Bills are not going to sell the farm to get him.  I say a number one and a two tops.  More likely they go after Cleveland to do business with their number 4 pick or the Giants or Denver or Indy (assuming Luck is fine), or lastly SF.  One way or another, we will get our QB of the near future.  Only question is who?  Baker Mayfield I have seen play.  There is plenty f support here for him.  But there are doubters also.  If Cleveland grabs Rosen first, and that is no sure thing, then there is a list of about 4 the Bills could draft on a trade up, Foles or no Foles.  They will use their second and third round picks to get a pass rusher, replace the all pro Center Erik Woods who tragically was told by Doctors his career is over after an MRI to his neck.  A linebacker to be a run stopper and another receiver are in the plans too.  Not sure if Jordan Matthews is going to be back with the Bills?  With his injury prone record, not likely he is going to get the money he will want.  WE have last years rookie Jones to help out but will have to go free agency and no doubt draft a receiver also.  I feel very good about his team if the QB position is filled by a good player.  If Nick Foles winds up here, they are going to try and win right away. No reason they cant.  They had Jacksonville on the ropes and they had New England on the ropes. I still think that I agree with the agent of the New England coach that bailed on Indy.  He says it was a terrible decision.  It will be even more terrible if Krafts does not come through and make him the next head coach when cheating ass Belecheck walks after next year. Ill buy him his Gerotol and Depends. Oh yeah, lets not forget about baseball.  Right around the corner. Go Bills!!!  And Go Rams in the NFC

4 hours ago, Strider said:

'49ers sign Sherman to three year deal! That should make you happy. The rivalry just kicked up a notch.

I mentioned it just joking. Never thought in a million years. The Seahawk organization looks kind of crazy right now.

43 minutes ago, redrum said:

I mentioned it just joking. Never thought in a million years. The Seahawk organization looks kind of crazy right now.

And there is still talk of them trading Earl Thomas to Dallas. Right Walter?

Seattle must really like what they see in the draft and believe they can rebuild on the fly.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Seattle must really like what they see in the draft and believe they can rebuild on the fly.

I'm not Walter, but I am a fellow Cowboys fan. :)

Earl Thomas himself has loudly lobbied to join the Cowboys - in fact, he really got going after Seattle and Dallas played one another in the 2nd-to-last game of the season. I hope it happens; I'd love to have him.

The thorough dismantling of the Legion Of Boom is one of the most surreal things I've seen in an NFL off-season in a long time.

2 minutes ago, chef free said:

R. Sherman on D and Jimmy Jesus at QB!?!?  Maybe the 'niners have a chance this year...

They were on a roll at the end of the season. Hope they can keep it going and boot the Seahawks to the basement.

16 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

I'm not Walter, but I am a fellow Cowboys fan. :)

Earl Thomas himself has loudly lobbied to join the Cowboys - in fact, he really got going after Seattle and Dallas played one another in the 2nd-to-last game of the season. I hope it happens; I'd love to have him.

The thorough dismantling of the Legion Of Boom is one of the most surreal things I've seen in an NFL off-season in a long time.

I knew there had to be more Cowboy fans here than just Chuck and his missus. 

Seattle seems to be taking a page from the New England playbook...get rid of 'em too soon rather than hang on to them too late and pay the salary cap damage. This is the nature of today's NFL. You basically have a five-year playoff window with a core group before salary contracts and age/injuries implode the group from within. Then it's on to the next core group.

Besides Brady and the kicker, New England rarely has had the same personnel grouping for more than five years.

Sean,I still have hope for the Raiders,I hope they win the Super Bowl,I do.I read a lot about his father Al,who BB always held in awe and called him coach. Vegas? No,L.A. sure,but those poor bastards in Oakland need the Raiders.IMHO.

On 3/11/2018 at 5:11 AM, Strider said:

Nope. His contract will stay there. We have the coach that was the architect for the LOB as our secondary coach, with young talent.  That will be the strength of the D defense this year.

Cowboys believe in drafting, keeping and coaching right now. I think it’s a good formula - but that remains to be seen in SB victories.... 

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Nope. His contract will stay there. We have the coach that was the architect for the LOB as our secondary coach, with young talent.  That will be the strength of the D defense this year.

Cowboys believe in drafting, keeping and coaching right now. I think it’s a good formula - but that remains to be seen in SB victories.... 

Yes - our secondary was greatly improved last year, despite letting go several experienced DBs.

I'd be happy with Thomas, but, as you said, what we have is quite good. I like the defense we have right now.

Frankly, without Zeke's suspension, and injuries to Sean Lee and Tyron Smith (and even Dan Bailey), we would have been fine last season.

Brink on the 2018 season! B)

Archived