It’s laughable when these chuckleheads say the nfl is in decline. The league has never been more profitable. I know it’s news to some old codgers but people watch the games through many different means than just adjusting the ole rabbits ears anymore. 

Back to the games....what’s up with the Steelers?? Bell not showing up and now Brown didn’t show up either on Monday. The defense still hasn’t shown up all season and the kicker... :slapface:  Monday they’ve got a matchup with Tampa Bay and FitzMagic! 

Damn Rick. Why aren't you on here crowing about your Buffalo Bills? I have seen some crazy results in my lifetime but Buffalo going to Minnesota and putting a beat down on them like that is one of the most inexplicable scores I have ever seen. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Clay Matthews got robbed by that stupid rule again. And Cowboy Tyrone Crawford just got jobbed by the refs on a sack of Russell Wilson. THAT cannot be "roughing the passer". It is preposterous. If the League and the refs don't get together quick and figure out this mess they have created, they will do more damage to the NFL than anything else prior...and that includes the anthem kerfuffle.

I can't watch this shit anymore.  It does not help My QB is now gone after not really getting hit.  My RB is gone after not getting hit in practice. I've never in my life seen so many players go down with ACLs and these fucks couldn't figure out a catch for a few years now they can't figure out if it's 2 hand touch or flag or what but these refs and the NFL front office clearly have their head up their ass with don't HIT the QBs. . What the hell is that?  It's crap and they are losing fans. F the NFL.  

Word is Aaron Rodgers is banged up and ESPN and their experts say Green Bay needs to sit him now.  It wont hurt them over the long haul.  If he sits, the Bills chances of winning their go up big time. 

Upset pick of next week will be Denver at home over KC.  Why?  This is a nightmare of a place to play for KC for years and its the AFC West theory in effect.  The Bronco are 3.5 dogs at home.  Over the last 40 years this theory is over 85%.  Denver is the pick.  Even though I am not a believer in them at all.  I also think the Browns can beat the hapless Raiders with Baker Mayfield.  And I now really love my Bills to win the East outright.  Brady and Gronk not only looked old, Brady looked like he did not care they were down in that game.  I am starting to believe the rumors that him and Belecheck have problems

On 9/23/2018 at 8:55 PM, Bozoso73 said:

I can't watch this shit anymore.  It does not help My QB is now gone after not really getting hit.  My RB is gone after not getting hit in practice. I've never in my life seen so many players go down with ACLs and these fucks couldn't figure out a catch for a few years now they can't figure out if it's 2 hand touch or flag or what but these refs and the NFL front office clearly have their head up their ass with don't HIT the QBs. . What the hell is that?  It's crap and they are losing fans. F the NFL.  

I completely agree. I was a huge fan of the NFL all my life, but I just have no interest anymore. Going to beer advertisements for 10 minutes, coming back to the game to watch instant replay of whether or not a catch is a catch, then back to beer commercials for ten minutes, then exactly one play and another flag and instant replay again. It's turned into the most tedious sport on the planet. Every other play gets a flag because if your head is turned the wrong way when the ball is hiked it's a penalty. If you talk bad about the QBs mom it's a penalty. If you run into the endzone without saying the alphabet backwards it's a penalty.

As far as protecting the players; It's a contact sport. If you're worried about your brains getting scrambled, play a different sport. And the QBs getting extra protection was only done so the fans don't complain about not being able to see the star player they paid money to see (Tom Brady). I'm a Panthers fan, but I've come to the realization that if they were to win it all, it would be excused as there "Being no competition that year". So there would really be no glory in it since they're not the face of the NFL.

12 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I completely agree. I was a huge fan of the NFL all my life, but I just have no interest anymore. Going to beer advertisements for 10 minutes, coming back to the game to watch instant replay of whether or not a catch is a catch, then back to beer commercials for ten minutes, then exactly one play and another flag and instant replay again. It's turned into the most tedious sport on the planet. Every other play gets a flag because if your head is turned the wrong way when the ball is hiked it's a penalty. If you talk bad about the QBs mom it's a penalty. If you run into the endzone without saying the alphabet backwards it's a penalty.

As far as protecting the players; It's a contact sport. If you're worried about your brains getting scrambled, play a different sport. And the QBs getting extra protection was only done so the fans don't complain about not being able to see the star player they paid money to see (Tom Brady). I'm a Panthers fan, but I've come to the realization that if they were to win it all, it would be excused as there "Being no competition that year". So there would really be no glory in it since they're not the face of the NFL.

The flags are out of control as are the damn refs.  Too much freedom to call a hold on a running play for instance.  Back in the 70s if a hold was called on a running play it was a rare thing and they usually wanted to see evidence.  No more.  Many of these holding calls are very objective and that is why I have said the refs are paid off at times.  Too many calls going the way of New England.  Well they do not have the weapons to overcome this now even with the refs help.  Holding calls should be open to reversal and challenge.   If you are going to throw the flag, prove why you did.  Too much power to the damn zebras.  Not sure whose team the poster before you is?  Likely the 49ers as Garropolo is finished.  Torn ACL.   49ers are done.  Unless they have another guy that I do not know about?  They are getting 11 1/2 points this week.  That is indication enough.  I do not believe anyone in the West can match the Rams anyway.  We shall see.  Another type of constant penalty of course is the pass interference.  But it seems that its tapered off a bit and they are allowing the defense to play a bit.  I hope that continues. 

I hope Bongman has not given up on his Lions.  They have shaken off that game one humiliating loss to the Jets and come back smoking.  Nice win over the Pats.  A franchise turnaround game for my Bills.  I have faith in the Bills and Rams now.  Josh Allen is our guy.  I am hoping they release Peterman and get a legit backup.

McCoy should be a go in Green Bay.  I heard on the radio and ESPN that the Packers need to sit Rodgers and let him recover?  Has some serious soreness issues.  And  they say it played into that beat down in DC?  If they can beat them, so can we.  If they sit Rodgers, not sure who the backup is?  It was one crazy week in the NFL and I am guessing a crazy season

16 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I hope Bongman has not given up on his Lions.  They have shaken off that game one humiliating loss to the Jets and come back smoking.  Nice win over the Pats.  A franchise turnaround game for my Bills.  I have faith in the Bills and Rams now.  Josh Allen is our guy.  I am hoping they release Peterman and get a legit backup.

McCoy should be a go in Green Bay.  I heard on the radio and ESPN that the Packers need to sit Rodgers and let him recover?  Has some serious soreness issues.  And  they say it played into that beat down in DC?  If they can beat them, so can we.  If they sit Rodgers, not sure who the backup is?  It was one crazy week in the NFL and I am guessing a crazy season

Hahaha. If Green Bay sits Rodgers, their backup is the WORST QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE - "Kizer So-So" aka DeShone Kizer, who Green Bay inexplicably traded for with Cleveland.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Bongman.  How bout them Lions now pal?  They have a shot.  Rodgers about to be sat to avoid the humility of getting turfed by the Bills

Ha !......A good win, but any given Sunday still prevails.  It was nice of Matt Patty to finally take the reigns off of Karyon Johnson, and to get a 100 yd. rusher for the first time in 5 years.  I was actually touring the Football Hall of Fame in Canton, and looking at Jim Kelly's uniform when a Bills fan standing next to me mentioned they were leading 27 - 0.  I almost fell over. Hit a sports bar in Canton to watch the Lions.  It was a good day !  By the way, I'm in your neck of the woods.  Stopped at Letchworth State Park & currently in Watkins Glen for a few days.  Very nice area with lots of waterfalls and breweries....right up my alley.    Gonna hit a few more State Parks (Tremain & talamagook ?....can't remember the name) before I move on.

19 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Ha !......A good win, but any given Sunday still prevails.  It was nice of Matt Patty to finally take the reigns off of Karyon Johnson, and to get a 100 yd. rusher for the first time in 5 years.  I was actually touring the Football Hall of Fame in Canton, and looking at Jim Kelly's uniform when a Bills fan standing next to me mentioned they were leading 27 - 0.  I almost fell over. Hit a sports bar in Canton to watch the Lions.  It was a good day !  By the way, I'm in your neck of the woods.  Stopped at Letchworth State Park & currently in Watkins Glen for a few days.  Very nice area with lots of waterfalls and breweries....right up my alley.    Gonna hit a few more State Parks (Tremain & talamagook ?....can't remember the name) before I move on.

Yes, Letchworth is about an hour and a half from me.  Its in the southern tier as we call it.  Watkins Glen is huge for auto racing, which I am not in to.  I remember going to Letchworth many many years ago.  My wife has been there more often as she is from a town called Dansville.  You may have seen signs for Corning, where 95% of the residents work at the old glass company.  Bunch of fucking hicks.  I have been deer hunting down there in the 80s when I used to hunt.  They did not like us "city folk from Buffalo and Rochester".   Back to football, great two days as the Bills shock the football world and that win puts them back in the picture and the Lions beat the hell out of NE.  I mean they beat them up.  Loved it. I picked them to beat Dallas and bet them also.  Rodgers is banged up.  With or without him I think we have a shot in Green Bay.  You are likely moving back in a westerly direction  So I guess you will be hitting Pennsylvania or W Virginia?  Not sure if you will go through the Blue Ridge Mountains?  I have always wanted to go there.  Wild Boar and Bear and even a few Mountain Lions in those woods.  Be careful.

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Paul and I and Sean all picked the Bills and we are going to smoke your ass's!!!!!  Rodgers, the million dollar man, is going to get hammered by our D and guys like Hughes, Edmunds and Poyer and White.  Go Bills!!!!!!  Rams took care of business!!!  Love that team.  

Can’t believe you took down your Bills’ avatar...in only September! 

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Only because the Sabres are about to start.   I will go back and forth.  Depending on how they are doing?  LOL  Notice the Orioles are gone?

113 loses....should’ve been gone! Lol

Archived