Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Jabe was referring to AJ McCarron, Rick. As in since the Bills got rid of his Alabama boy McCarron, he wasn't picking Buffalo. 😛

 

Well it was a stupid move then and even more stupid now after Peterman was exposed for the sack of shit he is.  This fucking game is RIGGED SHIT.   Miami sucked out big time.   Tennessee scores on a 60 yard run and its called back on a holding call on a running play1!!!  Bull fucking shit.  No holding anywhere.  Just a bunch of Zebras with familiar faces in all the same places ripping us off as usual.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere Bong Man has a smile.

Rick, this is why the Mack trade was so huge!

My Cowboys suck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on PC, where are the hot Dolphin cheerleaders? 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, we have The NFL Show here Saturday nights after Match of the Day so I'm going to watch, try to have a better understanding of the game. I've watched the Superbowl most years since 1983 with much bafflement. The NFL Show might give me a better grip, I doubt I'll be assimalated but I'll give it a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JTM said:

Right, we have The NFL Show here Saturday nights after Match of the Day so I'm going to watch, try to have a better understanding of the game. I've watched the Superbowl most years since 1983 with much bafflement. The NFL Show might give me a better grip, I doubt I'll be assimalated but I'll give it a go.

Who are the hosts of this show? Do they use British or American announcers and commentators? Former NFL players or NFL Europe players?

Yesterday (and last Thursday) seemed more like a continuation of preseason than a real opening day. Lotta sloppy football.

Jimmy G fell back to earth. 

It looks like it is back to the drawing board for the Buffalo Bills. Did AJ McCarron ever really get a fair chance in Buffalo to see what he could do? What exactly did they get in return for McCarron? 

Raiders may end up using AJ sooner than expected if the Rams' Darnold kills Derek Carr tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Strider said:

Who are the hosts of this show? Do they use British or American announcers and commentators? Former NFL players or NFL Europe players?

Yesterday (and last Thursday) seemed more like a continuation of preseason than a real opening day. Lotta sloppy football.

Jimmy G fell back to earth. 

It looks like it is back to the drawing board for the Buffalo Bills. Did AJ McCarron ever really get a fair chance in Buffalo to see what he could do? What exactly did they get in return for McCarron? 

Raiders may end up using AJ sooner than expected if the Rams' Darnold kills Derek Carr tonight.

A Brit guy Mark Chapman is the host, guest presenters are Jason Bell and Osi Umenyiora. The show is only half an hour long so just a summary programme really, it does pack a lot in though. First episode reviewed Superbowl, the Atlanta Falcons, could they reach SB 19 in their home stadium, games that are coming to London, a piece about Jon Gruden (Chucky), a look at the Divisions 'AFC South, NFC West', an explanation on how the 32 team league works, The 1983 quarterback draft compared to this years. The show ended on predictions for the first game , Bell predicts a Falcons to beat the Eagles 21-14, Osi agreed but with a 27-21 win. 

Also, BBC will be showing a one hour highlights programme Tuesday night starting 11th September.

Edited by JTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JTM said:

A Brit guy Mark Chapman is the host, guest presenters are Jason Bell and Osi Umenyiora. The show is only half an hour long so just a summary programme really, it does pack a lot in though. First episode reviewed Superbowl, the Atlanta Falcons, could they reach SB 19 in their home stadium, games that are coming to London, a piece about Jon Gruden (Chucky), a look at the Divisions 'AFC South, NFC West', an explanation on how the 32 team league works, The 1983 quarterback draft compared to this years. The show ended on predictions for the first game , Bell predicts a Falcons to beat the Eagles 21-14, Osi agreed but with a 27-21 win

Also, BBC will be showing a one hour highlights programme Tuesday night starting 11th September.

Comforting to know they are just as wrong in their predictions as our hosts are over here. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mack showed he's worth the money last night. Pressure is even more on Gruden now to show he didn't just fuck the Raiders good by trading Mack away.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JTM said:

a piece about Jon Gruden (Chucky), 

Ha! That’s funny! Last time I was at Tampa’s stadium they still were prohibiting anyone from bringing in Chucky dolls! He was their coach for Tampa’s only SB win. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shitty start for Detroit. Hope Bong-Man has a better finish than this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walter said:

Shitty start for Detroit. Hope Bong-Man has a better finish than this!

Things are not going well up there for the Lions. Stafford is getting the crap knocked out of him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 picks and 31 unanswered points... How long till Jets fan is talking SB??? 😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Things are not going well up there for the Lions. Stafford is getting the crap knocked out of him!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walter said:

Shitty start for Detroit. Hope Bong-Man has a better finish than this!

 

14 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Things are not going well up there for the Lions. Stafford is getting the crap knocked out of him!

Man, I hope Bong-Man snuck a bong into the game. He's gonna need it.

I got off work and started watching the game at 17-17 in the third quarter. In the blink of an eye it became 38-17...now 48-17. With a whole fourth quarter to go.

Sheesh. The Matthew Stafford era is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strider said:

 

Man, I hope Bong-Man snuck a bong into the game. He's gonna need it.

I got off work and started watching the game at 17-17 in the third quarter. In the blink of an eye it became 38-17...now 48-17. With a whole fourth quarter to go.

Sheesh. The Matthew Stafford era is done.

He looks like Ben Roethlisberger tonight! 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the plus side for Bong-Man, since he is at the game he is spared having to listen to these awful ESPN announcers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first half gave me some inkling of hope. The second half was same old Raiders.

Derek Carr keeps regressing instead of progressing. I have no confidence in him being the Raiders "franchise quarterback" anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Strider said:

On the plus side for Bong-Man, since he is at the game he is spared having to listen to these awful ESPN announcers.

So true! I mean c’mon man! You can’t get      any better than that at ESPN?!?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a debacle last night.  It's been a while since I tested my low baritone drone to that extent.  My throat hurts.

 https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/mitch-albom/2018/09/11/mitch-albom-detroit-lions/1263047002/

No Mitch, you're wrong.  No one was booing Stafford.  We were booing an organization....women, children, the young and the old.  Everyone joined in.  It was nasty, rude, crude, and so well deserved.  A total vent that left nothing behind but apathy.  The highlight of the way home was listening to the Jets players discuss how they knew all the plays and were calling them out at the line of scrimmage.  Do you know how many times I've heard that since I was 8 years old ?

This isn't going to get ugly...it already is.  The players quit on our new 400 lb. sloth coach (I swear he gains 20 lbs. every time I see him.  If he's a binge eater, he's got the wrong job !)  They rejected his schemes, his military camp, his personality...everything.  It's Washington Generals time again in Lion Land, and it's no secret....the fans know it, the players know it, and the league knows it.  Hmmm....now which team should I adopt for the rest of the season ? :coffee:            

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Quite a debacle last night.  It's been a while since I tested my low baritone drone to that extent.  My throat hurts.

 https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/mitch-albom/2018/09/11/mitch-albom-detroit-lions/1263047002/

No Mitch, you're wrong.  No one was booing Stafford.  We were booing an organization....women, children, the young and the old.  Everyone joined in.  It was nasty, rude, crude, and so well deserved.  A total vent that left nothing behind but apathy.  The highlight of the way home was listening to the Jets players discuss how they knew all the plays and were calling them out at the line of scrimmage.  Do you know how many times I've heard that since I was 8 years old ?

This isn't going to get ugly...it already is.  The players quit on our new 400 lb. sloth coach (I swear he gains 20 lbs. every time I see him.  If he's a binge eater, he's got the wrong job !)  They rejected his schemes, his military camp, his personality...everything.  It's Washington Generals time again in Lion Land, and it's no secret....the fans know it, the players know it, and the league knows it.  Hmmm....now which team should I adopt for the rest of the season ? :coffee:            

Well if misery loves company you have it pal.  The only difference is we know Stafford is going to suit up again.  I believe Peterman will NEVER suit up again in a Bills uniform.  So its Josh Allen time and it should have been in week one.  They did not want to baptize him by fire on the road.  Well now you must start him. He is all we have.  I would expect Peterman to be released and a journeyman picked up in the next 48 hours.  If not they are only fooling themselves.  AS for Patricia, I am shocked the Lions lost this game.  I could not believe my eyes.  My second favorite team took care of business by smashing the Raiders.  Loved that one.  Something has to go my way.  My baseball team sold the farm and unloaded every single guy that took them to an ALCS just 3 years ago.  I believe your Lions will regroup.  Never judge  a team on one game and especially the opener. Look what happened to New Orleans.  Fitzpatrick, the bearded  fuck up he is threw for 400 yards on the road and beat a better football team.  Lions, Saints, Chargers, Bills all unprepared.  The list is much longer actually.  I remember the ass whipping New Orleans put on us last year and after that game the Bills played far better.  Almost beat Jacksonville in the playoffs.  One week does not a season make

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I got's to ask if I care if I completely missed NFL Sunday--which is usually slop, anyway--or be my facetious self...

 

 

JN-DAY-2-22912.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine quite a few college & pro games will be effected by Florence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 6:14 PM, paul carruthers said:

Well, I got's to ask if I care if I completely missed NFL Sunday--which is usually slop, anyway--or be my facetious self...

 

 

JN-DAY-2-22912.JPG

I was wondering what took you so long in posting a Doll-fin cheerleader. 😏

I can imagine the NY media is overreacting to Sam Darnold's performance against Detroit. I would say "Relax...it was the Lions."

NFL history is full of rookie QB's having auspicious debuts only to falter later on. It wasn't that long ago that New Yorkers called Mark Sanchez their saviour after he took them to the AFC Title Game. How did that turn out?

Yeah, Sam Darnold recovered nicely after that initial pick-six. But any quarterback can look good when he is given time to throw. On that TD pass he felt no pressure by the Lions and the throw was not that great. It should have been intercepted if the Lion db had played it correctly.

So yeah...I'm not booking the Jets to the Super Bowl just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×