Strider

On 3/24/2018 at 1:19 PM, Strider said:

Yes, last year was an aberration.

I have a feeling Puke is going to win it all again.

Well, at least Kansas subdued "Puke" :D

It's not daring to say, but I expect the Villanova/Kansas winner to take it all. Nova looks very strong...

On 3/25/2018 at 11:01 PM, ForEvermore said:

It's not daring to say, but I expect the Villanova/Kansas winner to take it all. Nova looks very strong...

Ummm...I didn't expect Villanova to do that! "Woodshed beating" come to mind...

Well, I stand by my previous statement - unless Nova forgets how to play basketball before Monday, crown them.

On 4/1/2018 at 1:12 AM, ForEvermore said:

Ummm...I didn't expect Villanova to do that! "Woodshed beating" come to mind...

Well, I stand by my previous statement - unless Nova forgets how to play basketball before Monday, crown them.

On 4/1/2018 at 5:07 AM, Strider said:

After all the early carnage, it turned out to be a chalky Final Four after all. Villanova vs. Michigan is a title game many had in their brackets, I bet.

Yes - especially after the Virginia upset...

Well, Michigan tried, but Villanova was just too good. DiVincenzo's game was insane...

Congratulations, Wildcats! :)

On 4/3/2018 at 12:10 AM, ForEvermore said:

Yes - especially after the Virginia upset...

Well, Michigan tried, but Villanova was just too good. DiVincenzo's game was insane...

Congratulations, Wildcats! :)

Respect to the old Big East. As fucked up as my bracket was - I picked Villanova to win it all.  Oh well...

Syracuse lost a top recruit to the “G-League”. Stilll should have a top tier team next year, provided Brissett and Battle return.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Respect to the old Big East. As fucked up as my bracket was - I picked Villanova to win it all.  Oh well...

Syracuse lost a top recruit to the “G-League”. Stilll should have a top tier team next year, provided Brissett and Battle return.

Strangely, I think the only team that could have prevented Villanova from winning it all this year was Virginia - it's too bad the Cavs played their very worst half of the season at the exact same time that UMBC played the the very best half of their season. I'm still in disbelief that that actually happened...

The Orange always seem to be in it every year. I'll be intrigued to see if Ewing and Mullin can resurrect the old ghosts of the Big East at Georgetown and St. John's respectively - the Red Storm especially were playing well at the end of the year. (Of course, I now feel quite old because Patrick and Chris are head coaches instead of players - it was just a couple of years ago they were players, right? ;)

Archived