Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
LZforlife

Robert Plant Interview with Dan Rather

Was a good interview. Robert sounds like he is enjoying life and his craft. Good for him. 

Still not a chance to watch it yet but looking forward to it.

Great interview! Two true masters of their respective craft.  The most personal questions I have ever heard in a Robert Plant interview,  paired with the most personal answers given. 

Just now, zepscoda said:

Great interview! Two true masters of their respective craft.  The most personal questions I have ever heard in a Robert Plant interview,  paired with the most personal answers given. 

I watched it last night on the AXS TV website.  Very good and in agreement with what you said as felt the same.  First time I've ever heard Robert talk in detail about the death of Karac.  Usually, that's one of the subjects that's off limits in interviews.  Dan Rather did a great job and a good interview.  Seemed Robert was enjoying the interview and no sarcastic or off color remarks with his British humor.

Interesting stuff from Dan & responses from Robert, as it wasn’t the same cookie cutter questions. Rather and his team put time & thought into preparing this sit down conversation based interview. Thx for sharing. I’ve been trying to get AXS tv in area for years. Looking forward to seeing RP share his Carry Fire Tour in June. 

R😎

14 minutes ago, reids said:

Interesting stuff from Dan & responses from Robert, as it wasn’t the same cookie cutter questions. Rather and his team put time & thought into preparing this sit down conversation based interview. Thx for sharing. I’ve been trying to get AXS tv in area for years. Looking forward to seeing RP share his Carry Fire Tour in June. 

R😎

Agreed and not the standard interview and rare with this from Robert, Jimmy or anyone else.  The platform was there.  Although, I could put the interview with Howard Stern up there as well as a good one too.  Even though Howard was a bit much at times.  Just interrupts too often, otherwise he'd be good if he got away from this.  Howard has always been a big Led Zeppelin fan and appreciates there music so much.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Agreed and not the standard interview and rare with this from Robert, Jimmy or anyone else.  The platform was there.  Although, I could put the interview with Howard Stern up there as well as a good one too.  Even though Howard was a bit much at times.  Just interrupts too often, otherwise he'd be good if he got away from this.  Howard has always been a big Led Zeppelin fan and appreciates there music so much.

Yes, indeed. I think we’ll see the two of them interact again. Good (on camera) chemistry and interaction considering Robert meeting Dan for the first time for this sit down conversation based interview.

R😎 

Edited by reids

19 hours ago, reids said:

Yes, indeed. I think we’ll see the two of them interact again. Good (on camera) chemistry and interaction considering Robert meeting Dan for the first time for this sit down conversation based interview.

R😎 

I can see this happening again as they seemed to have a good rapport.

One of the best interviews with Plant I have seen. Robert & Dan seem to really quite like each other which resulted in an easy flow, more of a conversation than an interview.

So...what brand of gin DOES Robert prefer??? I say he is a Bombay Sapphire East man myself.

I watched the interview. Plant looked really good and very relaxed; totally calm and comfortable. You could tell Rather and crew had done their homework and it was nice to see Robert's demeanor at ease instead of almost cringing, waiting for the next question.

TBH, it would have been awesome for Rather to ask, as a last question:

Rather: So Robert, in closing I just have one more question...why a mud shark? I mean, a catfish would have more appropriate no?

Robert: Goddamnit Dan!!!

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

TBH, it would have been awesome for Rather to ask, as a last question:

Rather: So Robert, in closing I just have one more question...why a mud shark? I mean, a catfish would have more appropriate no?

Robert: Goddamnit Dan!!!

HA! But remember, at one point Robert does say something like "You promised me there'd be no trick questions."  :)