Pagey on stage with the blue strat?

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

He used it onstage during the opening dates of the 1975 Earls Court shows for No Quarter and Over The Hills And Far Away. In the studio, he used it during the sessions for Presence on For Your Life and Hots on For Nowhere. It was also used onstage in 1979 and 1980 for In The Evening.

1 hour ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

You sure? If it's not him it's Sakurai. Because of the amulet on the necklace.

I don't recall Jimmy (Page) wearing that shirt with jeans at Earls Court, do you? It could be Sakurai, but he's very careful about presenting Jimmy's music in a historically accurate manner. Anyone can buy an amulet.

7 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I don't recall Jimmy (Page) wearing that shirt with jeans at Earls Court, do you? It could be Sakurai, but he's very careful about presenting Jimmy's music in a historically accurate manner. Anyone can buy an amulet.

I wasn't saying it's Earls Court I was saying it could be another show. I did a reverse search and turns it out it is Mr.Jimmy himself (the best tribute act to an artist in the world in my opinion).

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cb6m-hnd/mj-equip/eq-jim2.htm

37 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I wasn't saying it's Earls Court I was saying it could be another show.

You're being so disingenuous here. Your original post said you'd never heard of him doing this anywhere. I then provided the details on when he did use the Lake Placid Strat onstage and said I didn't think it was him in the photo anyway. You then had the audacity to edit your original post to read ...except Earls Court.  The reverse search merely substantiates what I already said, that it isn't him. You're welcome. (sigh)      

Archived