3-5-75 Dallas Moby Dick Was Therapy

Tony Harden

I think that I have said before that The Dallas Mar. 05, 1975, show is my ultimate favorite Zep show.  I think I have but I'm not 100% sure.  Well, it is.

Last night I came home from work and I wasn't in the best of moods.  I had been listening to the show and just picked up where I left off.  Moby Dick.  I swear that this drum solo was complete therapy.  I am 50 years old but I head banged like I was 15.  All of the anger and want for carnage that I had in me when I arrived home was gone.

I don't know if any of you can relate to this or not, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing if you can.

Thank You to Zep and a very special posthumous thank you to Bonzo.

I'm the same age as you at 51 and I can totally relate I have used Dazed as Therapy many many times in my life.   If you want to hear Bonham pound those drums listen to the early Feb shows from 75 Feb 7th or 8th One of those is really smokin!

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, hummingbird69 said:

I'm the same age as you at 51 and I can totally relate I have used Dazed as Therapy many many times in my life.   If you want to hear Bonham pound those drums listen to the early Feb shows from 75 Feb 7th or 8th One of those is really smokin!

Hello.  You're about my age.  I hope you won't mind me saying that I consider us to be second generation Zep fans.  We weren't quite old enough to see the band when they were together and I didn't learn about them until '84.  Led Zeppelin is definitely my favorite band, though, and I think I have made up for not discovering them about three years later.

Music, in general, is my therapy! Zeppelin, Jimi, the Dead, Yes, Rush, Allman Brothers, etc. got me through those problematic teen years and I've been hooked since.  Every day after work, I go to my "musical pleasure palace" (the garage), and crank up some tunes!  Whether it's 60's and 70's rock and soul, 80's punk and reggae, 90's grunge, 50's blues, jazz, or rock and roll or some more modern world music, outlaw country, or electronica I gotta have my music!  It's really the only thing that's kept me sane. And, like sex, it's cheaper than therapy or drugs and easier than going to the gym...

Archived