Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ForEvermore

Nick Mason resurrects early Pink Floyd

Well--probably should not say much, since I'm not an expert on Floyd--but the Syd years never interested me anyway and after Roger left, I sparingly went to the David led regime. In any event, good luck to Nick...

Well, I quite like "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn" - but, yes, post-Syd/pre-Meddle is my least favorite era of PF. And yet Nick Mason may be on to something. Neither Roger nor David really play anything after the debut album (esp. Roger) - they stick mostly to the "main sequence" (i.e., 'Meddle' to 'The Wall'). However, there was an audience that liked the pre-Meddle PF - that is, they were able to remain a band for the years before they became more traditionally progressive.

Well, I concur - good luck to Nick. I'd probably check out the band if they came over here...

Sounds groovy, I'd definitely go to see him.

Syd-era Floyd I never really liked except for a few songs such as Set the Controls and Astronomie Dominie. The rest were snippets of good ideas but either a complete mess or did not really go anywhere. Then the early Gilmour period until Meddle was possibly the low point of Floyd. Meddle is ok but nothing great and AHM has a lot of great ideas which would be used on DSOTM but did noting on AHM. The only Floyd I listen to regularly is DSOTM - Animals with a wee few of the tunes from The Wall on occasion but I was never a big fan of the Wall. Good concept, mediocre execution IMO.

Interested to see what Mason will do with this though

Arnold Layne is the only Pink Floyd song I like.
Ok, maybe Wish You Were Here. And yeah, ok, maybe See Emily Play.
Hmm, thinking about it, maybe Eclipse and Comfortably Numb and...
Actually...cough...

Shows sold out so fast, faster than you could whistle dixie. 😀

Posted (edited)

Edited by luvlz2

Posted (edited)

Edited by luvlz2

Looks like Nick is really putting it all out there. Just saw this tweet this morning about his solo material...

Cirkus @ Stockholm, Sweden 9/2/18

Edited by luvlz2